Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 107

Author Topic: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc4(4/12/21)  (Read 1115605 times)

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: (0.7.2a) Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.6.0.5
« Reply #975 on: January 11, 2017, 11:23:26 AM »

so many new updates! O:

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: (0.7.2a) Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.6.0.6a2
« Reply #976 on: January 12, 2017, 08:34:36 PM »

Time for another update; this brings a layout change to the Inanna which should result in much better broadside behavior, in addition to some further fixes for the Barrago and Splinter rockets, and changes to the TAG System AI which should make the Belet-Seri more aggressive in its use.  Also some throw in particle effects to replace the missing spiral for the Nidhoggr Lance as a temporary measure until better effects can be implemented.

Also, actual in post changelog!

0.6.0.6a2 Changelog:

Spoiler
  • Adjusted Scatter CEPC flux costs to 1100 per volley (from 900/volley)
    • Also fixed a mistake with the flux cost which was causing the flux generated per volley to be a couple orders of magnitude lower than it should be, oops
    • Gave it more of a shotgun like effect to help bring up the polish level a wee bit
  • The Inanna has had it's layout adjusted to resolve a consistent problem resulting from it's broadside layout, and should now broadside much more effectively.
    • Additionally, the Inanna's flux cap has been reduced to 2500 (from 3000) and it's dissipation rate to 250 (from 300) in order to somewhat offset this increase in effectiveness
  • The Scylla's Supply cost/month has increased to 35 (from 30)
  • The speed boost SRA phase ships gain while phased now varies based on hull size
    • Previously a flat 90; the boost is now 60 for frigates and fighters, 50 for destroyers, 40 for cruisers and 30 for capital ships
  • Added the Delicate Machinery hullmod to the Shamash and Scylla
  • Increased Potnia's MarcCom hullmod effectiveness to give a 33% strength increase to Marines in boarding actions (from 20%)
  • Added the CARRIER, COMBAT tag to the Charybdis
  • Changes to the Mimir's Lock Drive system
    • Removed the ability to vent during use from the Mimir's Lock Drive system
    • Rewrote parts of the Lock Drive AI handling collision evaluation, which should result in the AI being less crash happy
  • Changes to the Belet-Seri's TAG System
    • TAG range increased to 1000 (from 800)
    • Duration increased to 20 seconds and damage taken increased by 1.5* (from 10 seconds, 1.25 *)
    • Cooldown decreased to 20 seconds (from 25)
  • Adjusted Hue and details of SRA craft to bring them in line with new visual standards
  • Added Vectored Thrusters to the Charybdis, Enlil, Mimir, Potnia/Potnia-Bis and Southpaw
  • Returned Cyan/Teal utility hulls to SRA sprite pool
  • Added weapon covers
  • Buffed Blackcap Missiles
    • Missile damage increased to 300 and turn rate to 75 (from 150 and 60, respectively)
    • Added a relatively simple target leading AI that should make the missile more effective against fighters
  • Barrago Changes
    • Adjusted base stage damage of the Barrago accurately reflect the damage of the final stage
    • Made a number of fixes to the Barrago AI that should improve it's accuracy
  • Fixed an issue with Splinter Rockets sometimes failing to accelerate on launch
  • Greatly increased the amount of Cloned Organs produced by the Medcenter condition
  • Fixed a compatibility problem with the Knights Templar mod which would lead to a crash
  • Changed Skinwalker and Bit Drone Particle Guns to Projectiles from Beams
    • Bit Drone Guns DPS remains 50, F/S remains 25
    • Skinwalker Particle Gun to 117 DPS, 75 F/S (from 111, 67)
  • Moved Anar back to it's original location at -6000, 7500 (was previously at -6400, 11500) and cleared the hyperspace clouds blocking it (credit to MesoTronik for the code snippet)
    • But since the locations will have to be changed anyway given upcoming sector chages I guess it's not that critical =/
  • Implemented improvements to the Random mission generator to more closely match campaign fleet generation, and fixed a bug that was including the deprecated Knights of Ludd faction in the factions lists.
  • Resolved shot trajectory issue plaguing the Nidhoggr lance by converting the shot to BALLISTIC (was formerly BALLISTIC_AS_BEAM)
  • Improved behavior of the TAG System AI (thanks Tongo!)
[close]

There are still some things I would like to take care of, but I'm lacking somewhat in either the expertise or time to take care of them.  If they can be completed before 0.8 drops, they'll be part of 0.6.0.6, otherwise they'll be added to the 0.8 compatibility patch.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 08:49:02 PM by MShadowy »

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: (0.7.2a) Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.6.0.6a3
« Reply #977 on: January 20, 2017, 07:34:11 PM »

Just a small balance pass prior to more serious finalizing work to address some issues that have become apparent in the tournament.

Tusk torpedoes have received a moderate nerf -- Submunitions reduced from 10 to 5, damage per submunition increased 66% from 300 per to 500 per (total damage reduced from 3000 to 2500 HE), submunition health reduced to 50 from 100 and the submunition sprite made slightly larger (they were too hard to shoot down); to somewhat counteract this, the splitting arc has been reduced to 80 degrees from 100.

Increased the firing arc for the Skinwalker and bit drones main cannons a bit, which should help counter their reticence to fire in some situations where they have a shot but won't shoot.

And while kinda unrelated to the tourney I also did something I'd been kinda meaning to do and forgetting, which is changing nearly all of the SRA's UNIVERAL mounts to SYNERGY--the effected ships are the Clade, Sargasso, and Tartarus.  Also, the Seski's small Hardpoint mount is now also a SYNERGY mount.  Variants have all been gone over and updated where necessary, as well as fixing some dumb fittings here and there.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: January 21, 2017, 01:48:43 AM »

And while kinda unrelated to the tourney I also did something I'd been kinda meaning to do and forgetting, which is changing nearly all of the SRA's UNIVERAL mounts to SYNERGY
i think it actually kinda is related to the tournament in the sense that it's been a bit weird until now that SRA have universal mounts without access to any ballistic weapons, as they're not allowed to use vanilla ones. :D
so even if it doesn't actually affect anything for the tournament because of this, it's still a nice change.

Ceebees

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: March 03, 2017, 09:55:43 PM »

Not super vital, but the link on the first page still leads to the .a2 version instead of .a3

I refreshed all of my mods just today and spent a minute wondering why version checker insisted on flagging SRA...

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: March 04, 2017, 02:25:33 PM »

Whoops; okay, fixed.

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: March 05, 2017, 05:30:44 AM »

Excellent, these balance changes please me. Now do do a new SRA playtrough!  ;D

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: March 16, 2017, 02:59:14 PM »

Oh, hm.  If you've changed the universal slots on the Tartarus to Synergy, you may want to revisit its ship system - that completely invalidates one of its original design goals, namely offering benefits to energy weapons to make them at least somewhat competitive choices for those front hardpoints.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: March 16, 2017, 05:02:42 PM »

Hmm; I'll have to think on it a bit.

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Figuring out how the hell to wear heels (She/it)
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: March 16, 2017, 08:38:44 PM »

The Tartarus class is one of the selling points of this mod for me, as I always seem to grab this one on my playthroughs.

Please don't nerf.
It's been a long time, but I still love ya!

- Pfp done by Sleepyfish!

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 18, 2017, 05:57:11 AM »

The beam to projectile changes have pushed the Skinwalker far beyond the Xyphos in power. Previously they were about even. I'd consider either making them more expensive to field or nerfing their firepower a bit. They crack fighter shields too well.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 06:01:46 AM by Schwartz »

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: March 18, 2017, 06:32:16 AM »

there's probably not much point in spending time on fighter balance changes now, with 0.8 around the corner. it's likely still gonna be a few weeks, but it might be released tomorrow for all we know.

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: March 18, 2017, 06:34:14 AM »

with 0.8 around the corner

I'm going to hold you to that.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: March 18, 2017, 06:42:04 AM »

True, but if you consider Xyphos the high-end of the spectrum for interceptors and heavy fighters and the Skinwalker is now twice as good for the same cost, it's not hard to imagine that even after the new version it's going to be twice as good. Anyway, just something to look at I suppose..

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: March 18, 2017, 10:43:11 AM »

I'm going to hold you to that.
i didn't specify which corner. :P

True, but if you consider Xyphos the high-end of the spectrum for interceptors and heavy fighters and the Skinwalker is now twice as good for the same cost, it's not hard to imagine that even after the new version it's going to be twice as good. Anyway, just something to look at I suppose..
ALL fighter balance will need to be looked at though. not every wing will need big changes, but most probably will, and every wing will at least need to be compared to the new vanilla balance to see what needs to be changed (and Xyphos in particular is getting revamped entirely).

i'm not disagreeing with your assessment though, just saying that spending time on mod fighter balance now is probably gonna be mostly wasted.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 107