Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 107

Author Topic: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc4(4/12/21)  (Read 1115449 times)

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: (0.7a) Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.6 (development)
« Reply #780 on: December 07, 2015, 11:55:58 AM »

Hm.  Odd that that's crashing in obfuscated code.  I wonder if it's something to do with overwriting the ship's shield?  ...As the person who wrote the code for the Tartarus' system, I shall also have to investigate.  (Probably won't have time tonight, though.  Should be able to get to this tomorrow, though.)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Kebabtschi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: December 07, 2015, 11:56:10 PM »

@MShadowy
Hi, It`s me again. Sorry for the late response. I was using SRA 0.6 dev version and the Tartarus in battle. I like to fight on my own against big fleets, so i didn`t take other ships in battle and the battles take some time... I think the CTD are occuring after some time in battle, not at the start. It also didn`t matter witch faction i was fighting against when the CTD happened. I will do some testing and try to replicate the problem to give you more detailed informations. (Sorry if my english is not so good. It`s not my mother tounge)

Spartan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: December 08, 2015, 12:57:12 AM »

***EDIT AT END***

Encountered several crashes myself today relating to the Tartarus and a Small Polarizer effect error.  The final one directing me back here.
*Active Mods* - Latest versions of StarSector+ (all updated required, compatible, and optional mods included), SRA 0.6 dev 3, Practice Targets 1.01, and a few other Nexerelin supported factions\ships.

----------

The first crash occurred during a joint Pirate v. Independent skirmish while approaching a Tartarus ship.  It was being destroyed by the opposing faction at the time of my arrival.  Before the ship could even completely appear on-screen for its destruction, the game hit a CTD.

CTD Log *MISSING*
Spoiler
Apologies, but I did not grab the log file entry at that time and have yet to search for it.  Should I get the chance, I will dig it up if necessary.
[close]
I was unable to replicate the crash since I had not saved early enough to reach the same fleet.  Searched for another 10 minutes for the fleet or one with a Tartarus, but no luck.

----------

The second CTD occurred during another joint pirate battle after I gave up my search for the Tartarus.  Not quite sure this one is due to SRA, yet it did occur during the same save as the earlier crash.

Small Polarizer CTD Log
Spoiler
2534484 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.ShipVariantAPI.getHullMods()Ljava/util/List;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.ShipVariantAPI.getHullMods()Ljava/util/List;
   at data.scripts.weapons.MS_PolarizerSmallOnHitEffect.onHit(MS_PolarizerSmallOnHitEffect.java:33)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.MovingRay.notifyDealtDamage(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.o0SNIPO.A.A.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.o0SNIPO.B.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.o0SNIPO.B.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
Replication was not attempted due to time constraints.

----------

The 3rd, and perhaps most telling CTD, occurred at the login screen immediately after restarting from the 2nd crash.

Tartarus Start Screen CTD Log
Spoiler
101786 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.ShipVariantAPI.getHullMods()Ljava/util/List;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.ShipVariantAPI.getHullMods()Ljava/util/List;
   at data.scripts.plugins.MSTartarusShieldFinagler.advance(MSTartarusShieldFinagler.java:38)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.ooOO.o0oO$Oo.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.oOOO.new.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
[close]
I'm guessing that a Tartarus ship attempted a flyby in the background while I was verifying settings.  I did not see it on-screen myself, but the log caught it.

----------

I made note of the issues and performed a clean install of the latest 0.6 dev 3 version of SRA.  Further testing has not been performed at this time.  I hope this information helps.  Good luck in the continued development and testing.

----------

***EDIT***
I'm happy to report that a combat engaged Tartarus ship with its shields on just appeared at the main menu.  A clean install of SRA 0.6 dev 3 at least has that working.  Next tests are to see what happens when one is destroyed and if the Small Polarizer is working.  That's for another day.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 01:25:55 AM by Spartan »
-Always Hope

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: December 08, 2015, 07:07:21 AM »

Hmmm... for the shield finagler, it looks like the crash is a failure of the List invocation in ShipVariantAPI; the script at that section is trying to compare the equipped hullmods vs vanilla hullmods which effect shield arcs.  It's not immediately clear why the script is failing, but I suspect that the ships causing the crash in question are equipped with Accelerated Shields, Extended Shields, or Omni Shield Emitter.  If so, it should be easy to reproduce.

... and actually, it looks like it's the same error for the Polarizer (it runs a check to see if the effected ship has the Templars Lattice Shields); how weird.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 08, 2015, 08:51:39 AM »

So this doesn't (necessarily) explain the first reported null pointer exception, but the NoSuchMethod exceptions make sense: the API there changed between .65 and .7 to return a Collection instead of a List.  Looks like the jar for SRA is being compiled against the .65 API still?  The code in the Finagler should actually work unchanged; just needs to be recompiled against the new API.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: December 08, 2015, 09:04:17 AM »

Was pretty sure I'd cleared the cache, but netbeans might have been stubborn for some reason.  Ended up doing so again, hopefully it works this time.

E: Alright, after recompiling and testing the Polarizers and Tartarus a coupls times, I haven't had any crashes, so I think that's at least one thing solved (hopefully).
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 09:39:44 AM by MShadowy »

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: December 08, 2015, 09:52:12 AM »

Just for kicks, you could try adding into the code a line that does nothing but try to assign the output of getHullMods into a List variable.  If that compiles, then you're still getting the old .65 API.

(Edit: It's also possible to get errors like this from a build system that's not doing a clean build; many build systems - and I don't know what you're using - will check for code changes in, e.g., the Finagler, see that there are no changes to that file, and not re-build it even though the new API means it needs to be recompiled.)

For the record, I wasn't seeing these crashes in-game either - though I didn't try installing extended shields or anything like that; it's possible that the base variants are all "safe" and the Tartarus only crashed with some of the random variants SS+ puts together?

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: December 08, 2015, 09:54:07 AM »

Yeah, none of the standard variants makes use of the effected hullmods.  But they do all use Stabilized Shields; I should probably change that.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 08, 2015, 09:58:36 AM »

Extended shields on a Tartarus is a bit silly, imo, since siege mode pushes it to 360 shields regardless.  Omni Shield Emitter can be interesting, though!

1stStrikeRecon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 08, 2015, 03:02:48 PM »

Probably a dumb question, but since I saw this as "Updated!" in the SS+ thread; is this compatible with 0.7.1a and SS+ 3.0.0?

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: December 08, 2015, 04:27:41 PM »

Yes, though there is a CTD bug in the current dev version with the Tartarus and Polarizers.  I'll be releasing an updated dev version, probably tomorrow, with the bug fixed as well as new sensor frigate and a number of rather experimental balance changes.

In short, you may want to hold off a bit.

1stStrikeRecon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 09, 2015, 01:59:00 PM »

Alright; thanks!

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: December 09, 2015, 08:46:54 PM »

Alright, hopefully this will be the final dev build; it is however quite rough.  Everything needs quite a lot polish to bring it up to quality standards, but the basic functionality should be there.

As far as I can tell the CTD's have been dealt with; hopefully they haven't been replaced with anything new.

Also added is the Belet-Seri scan frigate (whose ship system unfortunately is not unapplying properly), a not very experimental balance change to the Deva and Murti which has reduced their somewhat ridiculous flux costs and increased their turn speed, and a very experimental balance change to the CEPCs: Plan Triple Doubles is now in effect.

"Wait what?"  I can hear you saying now, to which I reply "You heard me!"  Double Damage, Double Flux Cost, Double overall firing time!  I'm Doubling Down!

Well, except for the Scatter CEPC, the Triple Double there is a bit different; Triple the Ammo, Double the Recharge Rate!

Anyway, these are pretty experimental as noted and so could easily be reverted.

Let me know what you think.

AeusDeif

• Ensign
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: December 10, 2015, 02:03:13 AM »

... which has reduced their somewhat ridiculous flux costs and increased their turn speed, and a very experimental balance change to the CEPCs: Plan Triple Doubles is now in effect.

"Wait what?"  I can hear you saying now, to which I reply "You heard me!"  Double Damage, Double Flux Cost, Double overall firing time!  I'm Doubling Down!

(mindblown)

Well, except for the Scatter CEPC, the Triple Double there is a bit different; Triple the Ammo, Double the Recharge Rate!

in all seriousness, sounds cool, looking forward to trying it out

valefore

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: December 10, 2015, 04:03:52 AM »

Code
4590 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [sounds/sra/music/sra_market_neutral.ogg] resource, not found in [C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Common Radar,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Console Commands,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Save Transfer,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\shadow_ships,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Simulator Overhaul,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\TwigLib,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Version Checker,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\ShaderLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [sounds/sra/music/sra_market_neutral.ogg] resource, not found in [C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Common Radar,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Console Commands,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Save Transfer,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\shadow_ships,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Simulator Overhaul,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\TwigLib,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Version Checker,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\ShaderLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
at com.fs.util.C.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.util.C.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.H$1.super(Unknown Source)
at sound.float.<init>(Unknown Source)
at sound.oo0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.<init>(Unknown Source)
at sound.H.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.H.void(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.H.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.while(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.float(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)

Seems you forgot some music?
Otherwise I wanted to say that Shadowy ships are so cool.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 107