Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 107

Author Topic: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc4(4/12/21)  (Read 1115559 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: (0.65a) Shadowyards Heavy Industries 0.5 dev
« Reply #660 on: October 25, 2014, 11:24:29 AM »

Just a quick list of typos I found. Almost all of these involve apostrophes, so for future reference: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/621/01/
Note: Its and it's are not the same thing. It's is a contraction for "it is" and its is a possessive pronoun meaning "belonging to it." It's raining out = it is raining out. A simple way to remember this rule is the fact that you don't use an apostrophe for the possessive his or hers, so don't do it with its!

Spoiler
ms_scattercepc
"Consisting of an array of 20 scaled back CEPC accelerators, the Scatter CECP"
-> CEPC

ms_slowbeamH
"the Deva is able to project a neutron beam ~25% further than it's smaller cousin"
-> its

ms_spreadbeam
"While the effectiveness of this innovation is debatable" (missing word)

ms_fdsingle
"it's secondary mini-flak system provides the host ship"
-> its

planet_euripides
"unsurprisingly much of Euripides rather unconventional economy"
-> Euripides' or Euripides's

planet_theramin
"redirecting Anarlight to her surface while the world is in Calleachs shadow"
-> Calleach's

planet_stillness
"having the bulk of the systems ore refining facilities"
-> system's

station_auris
"only a few months after the Hegemonies arrival"
-> Hegemony's

station_lance
too small to accomplish it's strategic purpose
-> its

station_prana
one of the vital centers of the SRA coalitions great industrial might
-> coalition's
[close]

Anyway, good work with the mod :)

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 25, 2014, 01:33:49 PM »

Cursed reflex to add an apostrophe whenever an it and s mingle!  I'm actually aware of that rule of grammar, I'm just not so good at catching it when my hand automatically smashes that key as I evidently though I was.

sigi87

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 26, 2014, 01:55:47 PM »

I had serious problems playing your mod. Savegames get regularly corrupted :(

I only use your mod and the two other that are required.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 26, 2014, 03:28:33 PM »

Well, some more info would be appreciated; still one issue springs immediately to mind.  Are you using a 64-bit version of java, and if so, have you adjusted starsector to use more memory?

If not you'll want to open the starsector.bat file with notepad+; the first line will have a section that reads "-Xms512m Xmx512m" if you haven't modified it.  This only leaves Starsector with 512 megabytes of RAM, which has been known to cause memory corruption when saving.

If this is your issue, the fix is most likely to increase the memory; change that section so that it reads "-Xms1024m -Xmx1024m."

sigi87

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 26, 2014, 04:21:35 PM »

I have no idea if my java is 64bit, my windows is 64 bit so I would think it is. But I will try what you recommended thanks. Awesome ships by the way :D

If there is anything I can send that would give you more information I will do it. Just explain what you need.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 26, 2014, 06:04:14 PM »

I have no idea if my java is 64bit, my windows is 64 bit so I would think it is. But I will try what you recommended thanks. Awesome ships by the way :D

If there is anything I can send that would give you more information I will do it. Just explain what you need.
  • Install 64bit Java
  • Copy the jre7 file from the installation folder
  • Paste it into the Starsector installation folder
  • Rename/Delete/Move the original jre folder in Starsector's folder
  • Rename the jre7 folder to jre

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 26, 2014, 07:32:10 PM »

There should be a file in the Starsector folder entitled starsector.log; this contains data from the game crashing (among other things).  Usually the data from the latest crash will be at or very near the bottom, and will usually be noticeable by having lots of indented text.  Like so:

Spoiler
Code
29142 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Problem loading class [data.scripts.campaign.econ.ms_worldSemiArid]
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Problem loading class [data.scripts.campaign.econ.ms_worldSemiArid]
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.OoOO.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.do.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.J.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.J.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OOO0.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.H.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.B.void.class$super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.A.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Problem loading class [data.scripts.campaign.econ.ms_worldSemiArid]
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.M.String(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.MarketCondition.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market.addCondition(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.B.o00000(Unknown Source)
... 13 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Class com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore can not access a member of class data.scripts.campaign.econ.ms_worldSemiArid with modifiers "public"
at sun.reflect.Reflection.ensureMemberAccess(Reflection.java:109)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:373)
... 22 more
[close]

In other news, I've got a new dev version up; this adds a couple of commodities with placeholder graphics, and 4 market conditions.  It would have been 6, adding custom planet types, but there have been some issues that I cannot resolve with planetary market conditions.

Also managed to fix a few string issues and corrected a number of typos (primarily confounding "its" and "it's") that I failed to notice in my haste.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 27, 2014, 10:24:08 AM »

do we have to add the code to the starmap and economy files? If so, what? I looked through the past couple pages but didn't see it and I've seen it on other mods so I'm assuming I need it but I'm not sure what it is, thanks

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 27, 2014, 10:37:55 AM »

do we have to add the code to the starmap and economy files? If so, what? I looked through the past couple pages but didn't see it and I've seen it on other mods so I'm assuming I need it but I'm not sure what it is, thanks

Starmap:
Code
                "anar":[-6000,7500],
                "gigas":[-5250,5650],

Economy:
Code
                "anar.json",
                "gigas.json",

Also be sure to rename/remove the mod's own starmap and economy files if you plan on using this mod together with other mods. If you don't do that, other factions may not spawn correctly. Been there, done that. :P

EDIT: Might as well share, below are the files needed to have all 4 currently released campaign mods work together. This caused save loading issues for me, so you may want to grab 64-bit Java and install that over Starsector's own Java files (along with a big memory allocation in vmparams, I use 4096m). See: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6053.msg140911#msg140911

starmap.json for all 4 current campaign mods:
Spoiler
Code
{
"starSystemLocations":{
"askonia":[1000,4000],
"corvus":[8000,-1000],
"valhalla":[7000,6000],
"arcadia":[3000,-7000],
"magec":[-3000,-4000],
"eos":[-10000,-2000],
"Acheron":[-4500,1000],
"anar":[-6000,7500],
"gigas":[-5250,5650],
"tartarus":[-4500,1000],
"rasht":[-6500,-8000],
"citadel":[-15000, 1500],
}
}
[close]

economy.json for all 4 current campaign mods:
Spoiler
Code
{
"version":2.0,

"initialStepsToRun":500,
"maxExoticUtilityAtRange":14000,
"defaultConnectionMult":1,
"defaultConnectionFlat":1,
"defaultTariff":0.3,

"starSystems":[
"askonia.json",
"corvus.json",
"valhalla.json",
"arcadia.json",
"magec.json",
"eos.json",
"anar.json",
"gigas.json",
"tartarus.json",
"rasht.json",
"citadel.json",
],

"map":"../starmap.json",

}
[close]
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 10:43:13 AM by XpanD »

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 27, 2014, 10:41:12 AM »

Yes and no. You can do it the starmap.json and economy json files

or if using Java, do it all in code

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=5061.msg143902#msg143902

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 27, 2014, 10:43:31 AM »

No, oddly. I started up a new game with the now two-devdownloads-old or so .65a version, it worked fine. Corvus, still intact. Anar and Gigas, working fine. On the starmap. And so on, and I've been wondering if MShadowy figured out how to prehotfix it or not :)

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 27, 2014, 10:44:58 AM »

No, oddly. I started up a new game with the now two-devdownloads-old or so .65a version, it worked fine. Corvus, still intact. Anar and Gigas, working fine. On the starmap. And so on.

From what I've found it'll work for a single mod, provided the mod you're running doesn't touch anything the core game files also touch. However, the moment you start adding more mods to the mix it gets confused and things stop working. :P

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: (0.65a) Shadowyards Heavy Industries 0.5.2
« Reply #672 on: October 28, 2014, 05:17:41 PM »

Shadowyards version 0.5.2 is now ready for release.

0.5.2 Changelog:

• Added the Ashnan-class small Freighter
  • Added Civilian skins for the Enli, Seski, Sargasso, Morningstar and Elysium
    • Excepting the Seski these ships have lower flux stats and OP.
    • The Civilian Elysium has also (provisionally) lost its Pandora built-in weapon.
  • Increased the Seski's armor to 100 (from 50), and it's cargo capacity to 65 (from 35)
  • Reduced the Enlils cargo capacity to 50 (from 60)
  • Reduced the Morningstars flux capacity to 5000 (from 6000)
  • Substantial increases to the logistics load of all Shadowyards craft.
  • Increased OP Cost of the Medium CEPC to 14
  • Decreased the OP cost of the PD CEPC to 4
  • Added the Deva and Murti anti-ship neutron beam cannons; these fearsome weapons have high burst damage and are effective against hulls, but falter somewhat against shields
  • Added the Urumi "fan" laser, a point defense beam weapon that has a somewhat spread beam focus
  • Added the "Gigas" system, which has been recently attacked by the Hegemony, throwing the entire system into chaos.
    • Ports of call in this system are the moon "Stillness," still under Shadowyards control, the Hegemony's forward operating post "Lance Base", and the Pirate station "Auris' Grip" which has set up shop to profit from the chaos
  • Removed Pirates from Anar; added ports on Lumen (shadowyards) and Melancholia(independent), generally made the system an absurd economic powehouse
  • Generally brought the mod up to date with 0.65a, as well as well as updating it's ShaderLib compatablity

Please note that you should not need to fiddle with the economy and system /jsons in the core starsector data folders for it to be compatible with other mods; for the moment at least, those details have been moved to the java.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: (0.65a) Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.5.2.1
« Reply #673 on: October 29, 2014, 04:32:01 PM »

Alright, quick bugfixing release, and that should be all for now:

0.5.2.1 Changelog:

• Fixed an issue with Anar's economy that was causing high fuel prices and fuel shortages.
  • Removed some redundant surface and normal maps.
  • Replaced surface maps due to color channel errors causing some minor issues
  • Because I was looking at it, also retouched the Tartarus' sprite and all related maps
  • Descriptions for SRA planets should be fixed

Edit:  Okay, seems I entirely misunderstood how the surface maps worked; files been reuploaded, hopefully now with the issue completely resolved.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 10:58:37 PM by MShadowy »

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: (0.65a) Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.5.2.1
« Reply #674 on: October 30, 2014, 06:47:00 PM »

Not a huge deal but i've stumbled across some integrated weapons;
I've found pandora arrays and nidhoggrs on Euripides. I've also found auto-flaks at both Euripides and Stillness. Also a phased energy projector at stillness.

I don't know it it is relevant, but when i looked Euripides had a mimir and an elysium for sale at the time, and Stillness had a shamash for sale. Both had the ship with auto-flak too.

I never realized how much i used the solidarity until i couldn't get one. It is such an amazing speedster glass cannon. Especially with a blaster. If I get a flameout i'm dead, but until then it's like flying an oversized frigate with no time limit and a better missile loadout. Then after combat you can easily haul away all your goodies. I love it.
I noticed an interesting thing with its ship-system. When you use it, it actually adds anywhere from 100 to 105 to your speed depending what your base speed is. So with augmented engines and both nav points captured, and 0 flux it adds 105. That 5 extra is pretty trivial in comparison to your base speed and the 35 from AU and the 30 from the nav points the 50 from flux and the 100 from the system normally, but it's still there. A free 2% more speed.
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 107