Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 107

Author Topic: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc4(4/12/21)  (Read 1115498 times)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
Re: (0.6.2a) Shadowyards Heavy Industries v0.4.7b
« Reply #615 on: August 21, 2014, 07:13:33 AM »

So, just a quick question, are you running Exerelin?  If so, I can't do anything about that; it's a compatibility problem with Exerelin, because it is currently not being updated and has outdated references in its files.  I should have probably mentioned earlier, and I'm sorry that I forgot to, but Shadowyards is essentially no longer compatible and I'm not going to bother attempting to make it compatible as long as Exerelin remains inactive.

If you're not running Exerelin at least tell me what the error is and what you were doing when it happened, because there's absolutely no way I can do anything about it otherwise.

Might be an idea to upload an older version of SHI that is still compatible with Exerelin. No pressure though.   ;)

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 22, 2014, 04:40:35 AM »

You can't run from the Potnia_bis.

Code
2237985 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant [ms_potniaBis_Hull] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant [ms_potniaBis_Hull] not found!
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.L.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.õÖÖ000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.createFleetMember(Unknown Source)
at data.scripts.world.anar.SHIConvoySpawnPoint.addRandomShips(SHIConvoySpawnPoint.java:158)
at data.scripts.world.anar.SHIConvoySpawnPoint.spawnFleet(SHIConvoySpawnPoint.java:132)
at data.scripts.world.BaseSpawnPoint.advance(BaseSpawnPoint.java:63)
at data.scripts.world.BaseSpawnPoint.advance(BaseSpawnPoint.java:46)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.B.ØÓÒ000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Played with SS+, just flying around in another system and the game suddenly crashed.

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 22, 2014, 05:38:12 AM »

The ship is obviously cursed.

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 22, 2014, 07:38:16 AM »

Obviously.  I'd thought I'd already fixed it, but the dread beast managed to sneak back into the code while I wasn't paying attention.  To quote myself:

[8:29:34 AM] MShadowy: Oh, now I think I know what must've happened.
[8:31:56 AM] MShadowy: I fixed the error almost immediately after I saw LB post about it on the 13th, but I didn't post it at that time.  I didn't do so until after Dark started working on integrating Shadowyards into SS+, but the version DR was working with obviously still had the error.
[8:33:03 AM] MShadowy: When Dark sent me the revised files I did a far too cursory check on them before integrating them into the source, so the error got reintroduced after having been fixed.
[8:33:13 AM] MShadowy: So in short I'm an idiot.
[8:33:15 AM] MShadowy: As usual.

In short Herp.  Deeeerrrp.

E: reuploaded the dev again with the fix.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 07:42:09 AM by MShadowy »

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 31, 2014, 04:24:23 PM »

Alright, more dev release.  Added some sounds from Cycerin, finally replacing the old Pandora sound effects, and well as adding sounds for its ship system and the Polarizers, which have also recieved a balancing pass.

Still in basically the same place though.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 31, 2014, 09:56:51 PM »

Really like Mimir from this mod - feels a lot like capital Medusa. Might be somewhat OP, but in a fun way.

It's built in weapon Nidhog Lance while certainly being interesting is really weird though:
- Sometimes it's projectile changes trajectory midflight. Seems to be related to my ship's movement after shot, but in far from obvious manner.
- It's damage output is very random - sometimes it gets close to one-shotting cruisers/capitals detonating within ship, other times it just barely scratches armor and passes through. Decent damage on pass-through is also possible. Is this much randomness intended?

I use Uomoz DEV 1.4, so my feedback might be outdated.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 31, 2014, 10:05:37 PM »

On the subject of the Nidhoggr lance, I do intend to do a rework on it, yeah.

That being said, I have no idea why the shot bends; it's not intended behavior, but I have no idea what's causing it.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 31, 2014, 10:19:24 PM »

On the subject of the Nidhoggr lance, I do intend to do a rework on it, yeah.

That being said, I have no idea why the shot bends; it's not intended behavior, but I have no idea what's causing it.
Space Magic. :P

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 02, 2014, 10:43:17 AM »

I believe it's due to the use of some sort of "projectile as beam" weapon setting, which makes the projectile track with the ship's motion - as if it were an energy beam that's still anchored to the weapon emitter.

...But I'm not 100% certain of that.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 04, 2014, 06:35:36 PM »

I think the nidhoggr applies the full damage to shields even after it's done some damage to the hull. I think the easiest ship to test it on would be a fleeing dominator. It has a (relatively) small flux pool so it's be easier to visually gauge the amount of damage to the shield. That's how it feels any way.

I like the new things added since i last played (4.4). My favorite thing is the splinter pod. It's everything i wished the annihilator pod was plus emp damage. I really like the small polarizer. It's like a strike emp weapon. I haven't found a role for the large polarizer yet, but I haven't had large enough fleet to really specialize either. Is there supposed to be a medium polarizer? If there is it hasn't been delivered anywhere yet. Also the assault beamer is surprisingly good against armor.

The southpaw is very strong. Like a faster brawler. I like that the two mount sizes are paired like they are. It makes aiming long range weapons (like HVD) much easier. Its small shield leaves a bit to be desired, but with tech skills it ends up being ok. Also the shield is blue.

I noticed the CR costs have risen pretty much across the entire spectrum of ships too. Probably for the best balance wise. Was the CR% recovered per day increased a similar amount? I can't recall what it was before. If it wasn't, it isn't a problem right now because everything is basically a pinata. I haven't tried the fighters at the new cost though. I just started increasing my FP total so i'll see how they do shortly.

I've been making it a point to only scavenge or to buy from the SHI station in anticipation of the next update. I've been making exceptions for the SHI ships/weapons i haven't found at the SHI station. This has led me to use the troop transport quite a bit. The 20% troop buff seems to work fine. What does the active ship system do though? I think it slows the enemy turret turn rate, but i'm not certain. I use lots of splinters and annihilators so PD (what i expect to be most affected) doesn't do well anyway.

I would like to request that the tanker requires 1 person. That way it can be a tiny bit more resilient and slightly faster in the event of a flee scenario. Any time i have to flee it dies horribly. It'd probably die horribly as an elite too, but take long enough i might be able to distract the enemy. With regular skill it'd at least be able to shoot down the first pilum of a salvo so it's flux doesn't spike so precariously high.

If i've missed any of the new stuff please let me know. I'd like try it all out.

EDIT: I've managed to try out the thresher. It has a lot of gun. The smallish fixed shield mean without extending it or making it omni you're going to get the tips of your wings clipped often. Its shield is also blue. I love how much missile you can cram on it though. It feels like flying a TuP ship because of the wide array of assorted mounts. The ship system is better for the AI than accelerated ammo feeder because after its filled its flux by firing swiftly it has to fire slower and lets the flux cool off a little (as opposed to AAF that just fills it and then the ai hovers near full flux until it or its target dies)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 10:27:46 AM by CopperCoyote »
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

Mazuo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 13, 2014, 08:22:25 PM »

potnia-bis crash a couple times now.  Running with SS+ and all its currently compatible mods.  Log from most recent CTD.

Code
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant [ms_potniaBis_Hull] not found!
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.L.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.???000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.createFleetMember(Unknown Source)
at data.scripts.world.anar.SHIConvoySpawnPoint.addRandomShips(SHIConvoySpawnPoint.java:165)
at data.scripts.world.anar.SHIConvoySpawnPoint.spawnFleet(SHIConvoySpawnPoint.java:118)
at data.scripts.world.BaseSpawnPoint.advance(BaseSpawnPoint.java:61)
at data.scripts.world.BaseSpawnPoint.advance(BaseSpawnPoint.java:45)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.B.???000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.A.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 13, 2014, 08:42:47 PM »

For some reason I amanged not to update the download link in the OP for several releases.

Really need to redo the entire Original Post.  Your version is almost certainly out of date, and still has that bug in it; it's fixed in the current build.  Never mind, I'm even more disorganized than usual lately it seems, as somehow I didn't integrate all the fixes into the 0.4.7c release.  Dumb dumb dumb.

Edit: For now just run with the dev version: =here=

Those bugs are all fixed in this at the very least
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 09:06:46 PM by MShadowy »

Mazuo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 13, 2014, 09:33:53 PM »

Ah yes, I noticed the out-of-date first link and forgot to mention.  Should have specified I had the 0.4.7c link, apologies.  Thanks for the dev version.

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 14, 2014, 01:12:26 AM »

Argh, all the OP values have changed.

*sob* my variants... my lovely, configured variants.

Oh well. Back to the drawing board.

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 14, 2014, 12:00:03 PM »

I think this is pointless but:

Askonia strikes again!

« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 12:02:28 PM by Sabaton »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 107