Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 107

Author Topic: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc4(4/12/21)  (Read 1115577 times)

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: (0.6.2a) Shadowyards Heavy Industries v0.4.7
« Reply #585 on: June 07, 2014, 08:58:21 AM »

I'll look into the spawn rate as well then.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 12, 2014, 11:00:55 AM »

He, I just discovered the stampede mission, interesting difficulty^^

Does it end, though? I killed over 200 (according to the counter) of the poor herbivores before I got bored. Could continue that infinitely, but why would I? The counter doesn't work properly btw, it registered only about half of my kills.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 13, 2014, 02:05:44 AM »

He, I just discovered the stampede mission, interesting difficulty^^

Does it end, though? I killed over 200 (according to the counter) of the poor herbivores before I got bored. Could continue that infinitely, but why would I? The counter doesn't work properly btw, it registered only about half of my kills.

I think the total is 300 Buffalo will spawn.

Sorry about gameplay it is a bit buggy Gothars, my fault on that one. It's a very very early version of the arcade script, Dark Revenant has now taken that and pretty much perfected it with a monsterous amount more coding. I'm going to be using some of the awesome code DR wrote to improve the stampede mission, and I'm going to add a couple of Buffalo variants that Helmut has created for the mission.

Anyway I'm going to have some free time soon to work on the stampede mission to improve it and fix outstanding issues.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 14, 2014, 02:58:36 PM »

Looking forward to the improved version :)
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

NCMagic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 21, 2014, 07:16:13 AM »

Is there any way to get the ''special'' capital ship? Or is it just a big tease?
Annoying modders with problems that generally help and happen due to *** computers!
(Since some time ago.)

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 21, 2014, 07:28:06 AM »

At the moment, unfortunately, the answer is no.  Actually it's kind of a place holder and kind of a redacted thing; initially it was put in specifically to be a "boss-ship" for an older release of UsS, back when it was still "Uomoz's Corvus."  I was actually planning on revisiting the ship and making it a more distinct craft, before seeing if I could fit her into a bounty hunting mission as a special target, ideally for both the bounty hunting mini-mod and UsS.  We'll see.

For the moment though, she's just taking up space; I've actually already removed the XV from the ships list in dev.

Arakash

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 22, 2014, 11:45:16 AM »

Thanks for the mod.

Ive been playing a lot of it in the last few days with Exerlin and the faction is a lot of fun to play.
I especially enjoy flying the Mimir, its a really fun ship to fly and fight with.

Arakash

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 22, 2014, 11:23:53 PM »

Ive got a quick question that may or may not be bug related.
Is the Mimir's primary weapon, the nidh lance, supposed to have a bullet that curves after it is fired?

I did a search for the weapon and the ship in this thread and didnt find any mention of the bullet curving.

It looks and acts very weird, especially at long range.
Sometimes you are flying straight and your bullet will go straight the entire length of its range. (like a normal weapon)
Other times the bullet will curve around objects unpredictably. So it starts straight then at some point curves.
At medium range ive had it curve around targets it it is fired directly at.
Just in the last 10mins i ran into the amusing situation where a medusa phase skimmed to avoid the bullet, unfortunately this was one of the times the bullet curved, and by chance it phase skimmed ahead of the new path of the bullet.

If i understood what was causing it I wouldn't mind so much, but i dont seem to be able to predict it.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 23, 2014, 06:55:29 AM »

I have noticed this behavior and was hoping to quietly fix it.  So, no, actually it's supposed to just go straight.

I'll see what I can do.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 23, 2014, 01:02:44 PM »

I'm pretty sure the nidh lance projectile moves that way because it's marked as BALLISTIC_AS_BEAM, which gives it some strange behaviors. The velocity of normal projectiles stays the same, but BALLISTIC_AS_BEAM projectiles change velocity in order to follow the ship that fired it (similar to a beam). That might not make much sense, but set the projectile speed of the Nidh lance to 10, fire it, and move around a while and you'll see what I mean.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to change that behavior without changing anything else about the weapon.

NCMagic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 24, 2014, 11:51:36 AM »

Some interesting behavior of the Nidhor lance is that sometimes it stops piercing and just blows up in the middle of a ship, basically doing the pierce damage with a reaper torpedo and EMP blast together. It's also kinda unfortunate that it just gets stopped by a single missile or bomb. So many shots stopped by random hero bombs, fragmentation bombs and little bombing runs.
Annoying modders with problems that generally help and happen due to *** computers!
(Since some time ago.)

sarducardun

• Commander
  • Welcome the angel of death
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 24, 2014, 11:54:24 AM »

Some interesting behavior of the Nidhor lance is that sometimes it stops piercing and just blows up in the middle of a ship, basically doing the pierce damage with a reaper torpedo and EMP blast together. It's also kinda unfortunate that it just gets stopped by a single missile or bomb. So many shots stopped by random hero bombs, fragmentation bombs and little bombing runs.
Yep, I hate that, annihilator rockets are an amazing projectile shield too. Never seen the lance explode though.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: (0.6.2a) Shadowyards Heavy Industries v0.4.7b
« Reply #597 on: June 26, 2014, 03:35:11 PM »

Shadowyards 0.4.7b ready for release.

... finally.  Took way too long for just a compatibility and balance fixing patch.

Changleog 0.4.7b:

• Fixed a bug with Harmonic Shield Conduits which was causing it to enhance flux dissipation by at least an order of magnitude greater than it should have been.
  • Adjusted the flux dissipation of all Shadowyards vessels with the HSC hullmod down by roughly 10-20%
  • Changes to the Mimir:
    • Cleaned up and made the sprite for the Mimir more distinct; the vessel should pop much better now.
    • Added a decorative glowy bit for a reactor glow effect
    • Fixed an over expenditure of OP on the "Standard" Mimir variant, and improved the PD variant to expand all of it's OP.
  • Changes to the Inanna:
    • Made the engine nozzles actually legible as opposed to being the random spindly bits they were previously.
  • ShaderLib support updated to latest version of ShaderLib.
  • Added material maps for all SHI ships.

That should be everything.

Still to do is finishing the animation of the Mimir's built-in weapon as well as figuring out how to fix her projectile so it no longer behaves while/after the ship is turning (apparently also need to ensure it doesn't hit missiles), as well as setting up material map for Shadowyards weapons and Normal maps for everything.

biotic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 02, 2014, 04:19:48 PM »

hey,

While playing the latest version of the mod ... at about 10 minutes intervals i get this error and the game crashes.

Code from log bellow.

Code
420776 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant [ms_potniaBis_Attack] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant [ms_potniaBis_Attack] not found!
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.L.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.?ÖÖ000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.createFleetMember(Unknown Source)
at exerelin.utilities.ExerelinUtilsCargo.addFactionVariantsToCargo(ExerelinUtilsCargo.java:101)
at exerelin.fleets.LogisticsConvoyFleet$1.run(LogisticsConvoyFleet.java:100)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.CampaignFleetAI.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.B.?Ó?000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.A.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Also i performed a clean install of the mod( deleting and recopying the new files).

biotic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 03, 2014, 07:25:39 AM »

Also i loaded only the mod and it gives me this error after a while.

Code
2831905 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant [ms_potniaBis_Hull] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant [ms_potniaBis_Hull] not found!
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.L.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.?ÖÖ000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.createFleetMember(Unknown Source)
at data.scripts.world.anar.SHIConvoySpawnPoint.addRandomShips(SHIConvoySpawnPoint.java:165)
at data.scripts.world.anar.SHIConvoySpawnPoint.spawnFleet(SHIConvoySpawnPoint.java:118)
at data.scripts.world.BaseSpawnPoint.advance(BaseSpawnPoint.java:63)
at data.scripts.world.BaseSpawnPoint.advance(BaseSpawnPoint.java:46)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.B.?Ó?000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.A.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
0    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Starting Starsector 0.6.2a-RC3 launcher
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 107