Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 107

Author Topic: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc4(4/12/21)  (Read 1115404 times)

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: (0.6a) Shadowyards Heavy Industries v0.4.2
« Reply #405 on: September 23, 2013, 12:25:03 PM »

Okay, managed to get netbeans working again (apparently a security fix to open jdk 6 back in July managed to break netbeans and everything related to netbeans in a way that didn't completely prevent functionality) and have gotten a bit farther on the alternate paint styles mod thing.  I've decided to actually cut back on my initial aspirations a bit and just get it working in the immediate term with SHI.

If I can get that done I'll probably run the source by someone who actually knows what they're doing for advice.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: (0.6a) Shadowyards Heavy Industries v0.4.2
« Reply #406 on: September 23, 2013, 05:55:52 PM »

Aaaaalrighty then.  Until such a time that I can get this Ancillary mod working, have a thing:

This contains all the alternate ship colors I've done.  Which is all of them, actually.  Just merge the graphics folder for the color you want with the graphics folder in the shadow_ships mod and replace everything prompted and you should have somewhat different looking Shadowyards vessels.  Granted it won't just be you sporting a snazzy new paintjob, but hopefully this'll do for now.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: (0.6a) Shadowyards Heavy Industries v0.4.2.1
« Reply #407 on: September 25, 2013, 06:59:24 AM »

Alright, this is just a very minor update.

0.4.2.1 changelog:
  • Added cross mod compatibility with Exerelin.
  • Decided to stop using that 'a, b, c, etc.' nomenclature for minor releases.
  • No other changes.

bluntfang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 25, 2013, 07:26:59 AM »

I get an error when I try to run this mod

Spoiler
20503 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.ShadowyardsModPlugin]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.ShadowyardsModPlugin]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Compiling unit "data/scripts/world/anar/Anar.java"
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:212)
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:164)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
   ... 2 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.commons.compiler.CompileException: File data/scripts/world/anar/SHISpawnPoint.java, Line 12, Column 7: Imported class "org.lazywizard.lazylib.CollectionUtils" could not be loaded
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileError(UnitCompiler.java:9403)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.import2(UnitCompiler.java:256)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$0(UnitCompiler.java:240)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$1.visitSingleTypeImportDeclaration(UnitCompiler.java:230)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$CompilationUnit$SingleTypeImportDeclaration.accept(Java.java:170)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.<init>(UnitCompiler.java:228)
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceIClassLoader.findIClass(JavaSourceIClassLoader.java:154)
   at org.codehaus.janino.IClassLoader.loadIClass(IClassLoader.java:158)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.findClassByName(UnitCompiler.java:6333)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.getType2(UnitCompiler.java:4834)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$108(UnitCompiler.java:4764)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$17.visitReferenceType(UnitCompiler.java:4704)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$ReferenceType.accept(Java.java:2026)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.getType(UnitCompiler.java:4743)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.getLocalVariable(UnitCompiler.java:1680)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.buildLocalVariableMap(UnitCompiler.java:2310)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$37(UnitCompiler.java:2302)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$7.visitLocalVariableDeclarationStatement(UnitCompiler.java:2225)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$LocalVariableDeclarationStatement.accept(Java.java:1767)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.buildLocalVariableMap(UnitCompiler.java:2228)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.buildLocalVariableMap(UnitCompiler.java:2189)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:2039)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileDeclaredMethods(UnitCompiler.java:851)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileDeclaredMethods(UnitCompiler.java:832)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:528)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:421)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$3.visitPackageMemberClassDeclaration(UnitCompiler.java:376)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$PackageMemberClassDeclaration.accept(Java.java:765)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:383)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileUnit(UnitCompiler.java:352)
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:210)
   ... 5 more
[close]

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 25, 2013, 07:31:18 AM »

Do you have LazyLib installed?  I ask, because it's saying it can't find the CollectionUtils, which are a part of LazyLib.
It is a requirement for this mod to work.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 25, 2013, 02:17:13 PM »

I like those different color patterns. Especially the mercenary one.

The sprite of the Solidarity feels kinda lackluster in my eyes. It's still top notch in the modding community though... But in comparison to your other ships it feel a bit less inspired. I haven't seen it with weapons on it so i may completely be wrong.

It's been a while since i have played a full SHI campaign, i'll do it and tell you afterward my feelings about all the new stuffs your released recently.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 25, 2013, 02:55:38 PM »

After having replaced the sprites with the Mercenary Skin DLC Pack, I keep thinking they're all entirely new ships because I'm just not used to the dark camo yet.

Also, what on earth is the Singularity's ship system? Shimmering weapons, bright blue shield, green rim but with a smaller arc than normal?

Alsooooo~
Did you tweak the ships in each pack to also have differently coloured engines and shields? The Mercenary ships have reddish engines and the red shields of an Onslaught. Works pretty well with the skins, though the bright green and blue weapons look mildly out of place.  :P

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 25, 2013, 03:08:09 PM »

Hmmmm...  well, in truth I'm not sure what I could do about the Solidarity sprite further.  Well, I guess I might play with it but overall I'm fairly happy with how it's looking.

As for the Mercenary skin, yeah, it is way different in character from the default white-green package.  I haven't adjusted the engine flares or anything; I imagine that any apparent color shifting is likely due the overall change in color tone.

And finally Singulwhaha?  Er, do you mean the Tartarus?

Thule

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 25, 2013, 03:21:51 PM »

Well, I was in a hurry and I somehow become even more incompetent when that's the case.

In any case, I'm hoping to get the alternate paint scheme shoppe set up over the weekend.  I'll probably make it a community mod so anyone can add alternate paint schemes for their factions if they like.  The initial schemes on offer will be for SHI, of course:

Soon to be also in blue, red wing, and mercenary.

Anyway, that is all for now.

AWESOME!!!!
I AM NOT SHOUTING!!!!
AAAAWWWWEEEESSSOOOOOMEEEE!!!!!!  ;D

Crazy good idea with the different colored "DLC" or skinpacks ;)

Oh and did i get this part right? The mod will be something like the Omnifactory where you can dump your ships in and get out a different colored one?

Omez

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 25, 2013, 03:29:47 PM »

Unless I'm completely blind, it seems that the blue skin pack is missing the Charybdis. I just thought I'd mention it as I'm apparently the only person who even tried one besides the Mercenary.

The Red Wing ships are also kind of unappealing, excluding the Charybdis. Most of the ships have a sort of more brownish area that kind of blends with the brown already on SHI ships. I at least would prefer the nice solid red that is on the Charybdis to the current color on most of the ships.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 25, 2013, 03:38:00 PM »

snip

AWESOME!!!!
I AM NOT SHOUTING!!!!
AAAAWWWWEEEESSSOOOOOMEEEE!!!!!!  ;D

Crazy good idea with the different colored "DLC" or skinpacks ;)

Oh and did i get this part right? The mod will be something like the Omnifactory where you can dump your ships in and get out a different colored one?

That's the idea at least; I still need to figure out how to make it work though.

Unless I'm completely blind, it seems that the blue skin pack is missing the Charybdis. I just thought I'd mention it as I'm apparently the only person who even tried one besides the Mercenary.

The Red Wing ships are also kind of unappealing, excluding the Charybdis. Most of the ships have a sort of more brownish area that kind of blends with the brown already on SHI ships. I at least would prefer the nice solid red that is on the Charybdis to the current color on most of the ships.

Hmmm, guess I'll need to work on that a bit.  Give me a bit to fix 'em I guess.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 25, 2013, 03:41:06 PM »

Also, what on earth is the Singularity's ship system? Shimmering weapons, bright blue shield, green rim but with a smaller arc than normal?
That sounds like the Tartarus' "Siege Mode" ship system - which is intended to increase shield arc when active (among several other effects); if that's not the behavior you're seeing, could you let me know what's happening, what hullmods & character skills you're using, and what other mods you have installed?

The Tartarus' siege mode, as of the last version I sent to MShadowy, has the following effects:
  • Increases shield arc to 360
  • Increases shield efficiency by a small amount
  • increases energy weapon range
  • reduces flux costs of energy weapons
  • increases turn rate
  • drastically reduces top speed
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 25, 2013, 05:31:39 PM »

Alright, replaced all the red wing pack graphics with a hopefully more vivid and better looking color of red on their wings.

Omez

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 25, 2013, 05:55:21 PM »

Alright, replaced all the red wing pack graphics with a hopefully more vivid and better looking color of red on their wings.

Oh yes, decidedly more vivid AND better looking. I approve

I apologize for bothering you, just thought you'd like an opinion on the skins. I just thought the Red Wing skin wasn't up to the standard of the others. I really appreciate you going through all the effort of replacing the skins.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 26, 2013, 03:42:42 PM »

Ok, played a bit more of SHI. Damn they are so good.

Every single ship is absolutely unique in its role. And each one have a different original ship system, i love it.

The Seski, while really fast and agile, can die instantly to pretty much everything, even Talon wings are scary when you fly a Seski. It is very fun to pilot though, using the scatter cepc is a bit too risky to me, i prefer the medium to stay at range and avoid nasty AM blaster shots and stuffs like that. Once you understand you can't play it like a hound, everything go much smoother.

I don't know what the Sargasso ship system does exactly. Does it give some kind of buff to fighters?  If so, does the bonus stack with multiple carriers?

The Scylla and Tartarus are both very good. They can pack a pretty impressive amount of frontal firepower. Speaking of firepower, i think the sound of the wavebeam is a tad too loud, when it's fired, you can hear it across the battlefield. Also, what is exactly the phased graviton beam? Is it just a standard graviton beam with a new look?

I have some kind of trouble with the Elysium. The Pandora array is great but really prone to friendly fire. Is it possible to reduce a tiny little bit the expansion radius of the "explosive flares"? I just keep wrecking my own frigates because of the gigantic area of effect.

And finally the Mimir is still as good as ever. I'll be pretty close to say that the Nidhoggr lance is overpowered, but given the slow projectile speed and the reasonable damage, i think it's okay.

What shocked me with SHI is the massive CR cost. Things can get very ugly if you don't have a station near where you can recharge your CR. Having a big CR cost for high tech ships is okay, especially when they feature some weird technology like for the Mimir or the Elysium. However it might be a tad too high for some other ships. The Morningstar in particular, got a whooping 35% cost!

But aside from what i said, there is pretty much nothing to touch about the balance, it's perfect.

I also find some kind of bug with the Lambent, for some reason it is always at 0% CR and can't replenish even at stations. No big deal as it is very unlikely to enter in combat, but still. And disregard what i said earlier about the Solidarity, it is fine, no need to be too fancy for an armored freighter.

And just another thing, could you the Shadowyard spritesheet on the OP? It is always better when you can properly see each ship before downloading the mod.

Edit: BTW are you still working on this big guy? 0.6 can now give him a proper job as a big logistic ship.

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 03:47:24 PM by HELMUT »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 107