Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 107

Author Topic: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc4(4/12/21)  (Read 1121463 times)

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
Re: (0.6a) Shadowyards Heavy Industries v0.4.1b
« Reply #360 on: September 16, 2013, 09:19:29 PM »

There were patch notes for 0.6 Starsector saying that all phase ships would get that - I'm not sure if they actually do, though; I think I remember Alex saying something about having reverted that change?

If he did I totally missed it.  Another thing to double check.
He says they did but they don't seem to have gotten it. Which is weird.

Edit: Found it: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6639.0

Looks like yours are working as intended, the vanilla ones ain't.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 09:32:42 PM by Taverius »
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 17, 2013, 05:40:39 AM »

Level 30 now, and kinda feeling the need for a more offence focused destroyer to be the secret sauce among the Morningstar squadron in my fleet.

Maybe something with a Drive Overcharge like the Elysium, since everyone and their dog has a destroyer with Manoeuvring Jets or Phase Skimmer.

Dayshine

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 17, 2013, 06:22:35 AM »

Um, that's strange and not supposed to be happening?  In the last game I played where I had gotten to having a carrier, the Skinwalkers wing was 10 strong, Neriads 15 and Raksashas 8 so something strange seems to be up.  I better check and see if everything is in order.

For me the wings are showing as requiring 25% CR per spare chassis. The vanilla wings have 5-7% CR each, but I can't see how this is controlled from the hull files.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 17, 2013, 06:38:41 AM »

Which version are you running?  In the first compatability fix (0.4.1) I do not believe I had set the fighters CR per chassis yet so that might be the problem.  The CR cost is set properly now (as an aside, what controls the number of fighter chassis is "repair %/day") in the current version at least.

The current version 0.4.1b.

Dayshine

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 17, 2013, 07:12:46 AM »

Which version are you running?  In the first compatability fix (0.4.1) I do not believe I had set the fighters CR per chassis yet so that might be the problem.  The CR cost is set properly now (as an aside, what controls the number of fighter chassis is "repair %/day") in the current version at least.

The current version 0.4.1b.

Ah, oops, sorry, I missed the latest patch. All fixed :)

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 17, 2013, 10:50:39 AM »

An amusing thing happens with the new shield arc listing: It says the arc is 360 all the time. I think it's kind of a bug, but i'm also aware it's arc is something like 280. (or something ... it doesn't close with extended shields at any rate)
It is?  I thought I had that working.  Oops.  Well, I'll make sure to fix that, too.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 18, 2013, 12:43:15 PM »

Code
13474418 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id ms_displacer_SHIP_SYSTEM not found

13474418 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id ms_displacer_SHIP_SYSTEM not found

13590211 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id ms_mimirskimmir_SHIP_SYSTEM not found

13590211 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id ms_mimirskimmir_SHIP_SYSTEM not found

13602257 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant [exported_variant_ms_mimir_0eb00f25-a1b3-4417-abac-0c6935599ce0] not found!

java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant [exported_variant_ms_mimir_0eb00f25-a1b3-4417-abac-0c6935599ce0] not found!

at com.fs.starfarer.loading.for.o00000(Unknown Source)

at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)

at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.super.float$Object(Unknown Source)

at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.fs.starfarer.codex.ui.C.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.fs.starfarer.codex.ui.E.super(Unknown Source)

at com.fs.starfarer.codex.ui.E.do.super(Unknown Source)

at com.fs.starfarer.codex.ui.E.øo0000(Unknown Source)

at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.B.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O00o.super(Unknown Source)

at com.fs.starfarer.ui.F.processInput(Unknown Source)

at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newsuper.o00000(Unknown Source)

at com.fs.starfarer.new.øÒÒ000(Unknown Source)

at com.fs.oOOO.super.new(Unknown Source)

at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)

at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Clicked the question mark on my Mimir. Weird, cause I'm sure it worked before D:

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 18, 2013, 01:29:00 PM »

That's strange, but it looks like it's an error with Starsector itself.  I mean, that is definitely not one of the variants I put together for the mod, so it looks like Starsector is having trouble finding an autogenerated hull variant.  How peculiar.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 18, 2013, 01:50:36 PM »

Ya, it was weird. I'll see if I can reproduce it with other ships out something.

BTW, is the Mimir's lance projectile implemented as a missile? I noticed that heavy fire by an onslaught I just happened to be in the vicinity of for a totally unrelated reason would pop it.

Also the charge up time seems odd ... the sound fires even if you shoot in cooldown, and the AI doesn't perceive the chicken and hangs out at the edge of lance range constantly trying to shoot while in cooldown. Although the AI has always had issues with very long charge-up times.

Finally, how about turning the fire arcs for the Scylla's large mounts in a little so they start overlapping a little closer in? I have to get quite close to my target to prevent suicidal frigates from moving into my firing solution, and at that point only one wave gun will hit at a time, even against some cruisers.

P.S. Medium size Tusk launcher please :)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 01:59:24 PM by Taverius »

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 18, 2013, 02:47:01 PM »

using .4.1b, couple of your larger fleets don't have weapons other than the built in stuff. so they engage on fleet size then retreat in battle unless they have a lot of fighters and carrier support (as I found out to my detriment the second time lol)

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 18, 2013, 03:54:21 PM »

Sounds like its an error with the variant selector, but it's weird that it would be the case with some fleets but not all fleets.  Hmmm...

Well, in any case, I should be ready with a new release by the weekend.  Included will be the Solidarity class armed freighter as well as the first of a number of changes to the Elysium (this time going over her drive system as I do not yet know the first thing about coding a ship AI) and a number of tweaks, new descriptions, and making the nidhoggr lance cause explosions (just a visual effect) as an onHit effect.

BTW, is the Mimir's lance projectile implemented as a missile? I noticed that heavy fire by an onslaught I just happened to be in the vicinity of for a totally unrelated reason would pop it.

Also the charge up time seems odd ... the sound fires even if you shoot in cooldown, and the AI doesn't perceive the chicken and hangs out at the edge of lance range constantly trying to shoot while in cooldown. Although the AI has always had issues with very long charge-up times.

Finally, how about turning the fire arcs for the Scylla's large mounts in a little so they start overlapping a little closer in? I have to get quite close to my target to prevent suicidal frigates from moving into my firing solution, and at that point only one wave gun will hit at a time, even against some cruisers.

P.S. Medium size Tusk launcher please :)

No, the Mimir's projectile is basically just a big bullet so it's weird that it could be shot down.  Well, I'll check it out anyway.

As for the sound, I'd like to make it so that it doesn't play if the weapon is unable to fire.  I'd probably have to use an EveryFrameCombatPlugin script to check if the weapon is fireable and only then allow it to play the charging noise.

As for the last two - 1) can do, and 2) has been planned for a while.

And finally...

The Solidarity class

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 18, 2013, 04:44:02 PM »

A missile could absorb the entire "bullet", though, and everyone should know the Onslaught's habits of endless annihilators.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 18, 2013, 04:59:18 PM »

Is it just me, or does the Solidarity mount the same built-in beam cannon as the Scylla?
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 18, 2013, 07:25:56 PM »

She doesn't, that's  just a structural thing.  Right now her armaments, (preliminary) are three small missile harppoints, 2 small energy mounts, and 1 medium energy mount.  She's kinda similar to the mule.  Slightly faster and with a slightly bigger cargo hold, but not as well armed and less durable.

Anyway, having gone over it, the ships in at least some of the big fleets are indeed not receiving weapons like they should, while smaller fleets are.  I've turned on the debug in the variant selector but it's not reporting anything wrong.  Very peculiar.  I'm at a loss as to what's wrong, ao I may have to resort to disabling the randomly selected variants, which would be a shame.

Edit:  Okay, I think I've determined the problem.  It seems like fleets which are spawned while the player is outside of the the star system do not get randomized, so they spawn as just the basic, unadorned Hull.  I think this should be fixable. Double edit:  Wait, I'm being stupid, it's probably just I forgot to add the randomizer script to the self defense force.  Derp.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 09:01:03 PM by MShadowy »

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 18, 2013, 09:17:16 PM »

at least you got it working, right? :-)
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 107