Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 107

Author Topic: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc4(4/12/21)  (Read 1121809 times)

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
Re: (0.6a) Shadowyards Heavy Industries v0.4.1a
« Reply #330 on: September 15, 2013, 06:51:11 AM »

So the Scatter CEPC has this 1px wide white line that grows and shrinks as it cycles.

Is it intended? Because it looks weird :D
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 15, 2013, 08:47:34 AM »

Ah, I've seen it, and it does look wierd, but I never set it as a priority.  It's probably a result of the weapon barrels all compressed together screwing up the default energy weapon glow.  I'll see if a custom glow gets rid of it.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 15, 2013, 09:23:05 AM »

Cool.

Another thing I've noticed is that various built-in weapons are spawning in the station.

Not sure how the stock ones do it so they don't spawn there, but it must be possibul.

Finally, I've been playing with it for a good part of the day - mainly riding the edge with the phase frigate - and I've never had the Tusk launchers (both), the Blackcap Pod, or the Chaingang spawn. I've never seen the Scylla and Tartarus either ... I know random is random, but you never know. I keep checking and nada :D

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 15, 2013, 10:56:59 AM »

There have been some issues with the cargo fleets.  The cargo system I'd set up, which worked in 0.54, doesn't appear to be functioning properly now.  I've already gone over the code (essentially rewriting much of it to resemble the current default convoy code) and am waiting around to see if the convoys are functioning properly.

I also finally got SHI's fleet to start venturing into hyperspace.  I'm not really sure, still, why it wasn't working before, but it's working now.  The Tartarus is in the list of ships that'll spawn, but I'd forgotten to add the Scylla, this is also fixed.  In any case, I'll be posting what will hopefully the last of my compatibility fixes sometime tonight.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 15, 2013, 02:48:04 PM »

Alright, it's finally working.  This should be the last of the compatibility releases.

0.4.1a and 0.4.1b Changelog:
Fixed an identification error with the Shadowyards SDF fleet.
Shadowyards fleets now sometimes launch raids on Corvus.
Shadowyards Supply fleet now correctly delivers supplies.
Removed the Hegemony and Pirate Supply Convoys delivering goods to the temporary/temporarily occupied stations.
Shamash:
Cargo capacity increased to 40 from 20.
Fuel capacity decreased to 70 from 90.
Flux dissipation increased to 300 f/s from 200 f/s.
Scylla:
Flux dissipation increased to 1000 f/s from 700 f/s.
Added a hull mod, Enhanced Ejection Systems, to SHI fighters; this system reduces pilot casualties by ~66%.

Alright, with compatibility fixes now in place, I can now start planning out future changes.  In the near term this should be a new AI type for the Elysium (currently the AI is completely terribad at handling the vessel), adding a couple more civilian craft, and maybe some fun cosmetic things -- by which I mean adding an onHit effect to the Nidhoggr Lance (more explosions!) and maybe starting the alternate color scheme ancillary mod.

Longer term is going to be making the planets in Anar more important to the player, making new station graphics for SHI, and trying to get some semblance of an economy and mission system going.  These things in are likely to require some fairly careful thought about the UI's design, but I think it'll give a lot of opportunity to include faction flavor and game functionality, as well as hopefully add things for the player to do beyond blowing things up.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: (0.6a) Shadowyards Heavy Industries v0.4.1b
« Reply #335 on: September 15, 2013, 05:59:05 PM »

Really weird bug....because it works fine on my desktop. I have the mods in a dropbox folder synced across both devices and have the vmparams edited to locate those folders. It worked on my desktop a couple hours ago but now my laptop can't play it

Spoiler
19125 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.world.SHIGen]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.world.SHIGen]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Compiling unit "data/scripts/world/anar/Anar.java"
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:212)
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:164)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
   ... 2 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.commons.compiler.CompileException: File data/scripts/world/anar/Anar.java, Line 74, Column 61: Cannot determine simple type name "AnarPiratePlunderFleetSpawnPoint"
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileError(UnitCompiler.java:9403)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.getType2(UnitCompiler.java:4897)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$108(UnitCompiler.java:4764)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$17.visitReferenceType(UnitCompiler.java:4704)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$ReferenceType.accept(Java.java:2026)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.getType(UnitCompiler.java:4743)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.getType2(UnitCompiler.java:5142)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$131(UnitCompiler.java:5141)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$17.visitNewClassInstance(UnitCompiler.java:4728)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$NewClassInstance.accept(Java.java:2917)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.getType(UnitCompiler.java:4743)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.findMostSpecificIInvocable(UnitCompiler.java:6968)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.findIMethod(UnitCompiler.java:6869)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.findIMethod(UnitCompiler.java:6768)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileGet2(UnitCompiler.java:3553)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$63(UnitCompiler.java:3552)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$11.visitMethodInvocation(UnitCompiler.java:2967)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$MethodInvocation.accept(Java.java:2831)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileGet(UnitCompiler.java:2993)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileGetValue(UnitCompiler.java:4017)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:2413)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$38(UnitCompiler.java:2412)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$8.visitMethodInvocation(UnitCompiler.java:2381)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$MethodInvocation.accept(Java.java:2831)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:2407)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:1426)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$8(UnitCompiler.java:1425)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$5.visitExpressionStatement(UnitCompiler.java:926)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$ExpressionStatement.accept(Java.java:1447)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:946)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileStatements(UnitCompiler.java:972)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:2083)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileDeclaredMethods(UnitCompiler.java:851)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileDeclaredMethods(UnitCompiler.java:832)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:528)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:421)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$3.visitPackageMemberClassDeclaration(UnitCompiler.java:376)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$PackageMemberClassDeclaration.accept(Java.java:765)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:383)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileUnit(UnitCompiler.java:352)
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:210)
   ... 5 more
[close]

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 15, 2013, 06:39:16 PM »

What the hell?

... okay, that is, in fact, an extremely odd bug, since the line it's referring to is commented out.  It shouldn't be reading it at all.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 15, 2013, 08:22:32 PM »

just for super extra crazy time, the exact same thing works fine on my desktop. it's either something in dropbox or something in how my laptop is reading it. I wouldn't trouble yourself with it

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 15, 2013, 09:14:07 PM »

I found a Chaingang! \o/

Its missing the role description text! /o\

I'm assuming its a PD weapon?

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 15, 2013, 09:20:20 PM »

Yeah, oops.  It's a PD weapon, aye.  I'll fix that up.

Borgoid

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 15, 2013, 10:56:38 PM »

The Scatter CEPC seems to be listed as 1800 flux/second which I'm having trouble believing :P

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 15, 2013, 11:52:33 PM »

It's a known issue that I'm not sure how to resolve.  Short version, that's what it's flux/second would be if it counted each shot fired.  I think it's some conflict between it's regenerating ammo pool and it's proliferation of barrels.

Borgoid

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 15, 2013, 11:59:59 PM »

I'm not code-savvy enough to really suggest an answer but there are other weapons that fire shots simultaneously in the same fashion as the Scatter... In fact if I recall correctly it was displayed correctly in previous versions and at least as far as I can tell the mechanic hasn't changed?

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 16, 2013, 12:05:35 AM »

So I should preface that I'm playing a loyalty game where I'm only allowed faction ships and weapons.

I've been taking it slow, ferrying things to omnifactory, ferrying fuel and crew and supplies to the omnifactory so it will build things (I gave myself a pass on the Valkyrie and Mule since SHI lacks a cargo and troop ship).

So far I've only really played with the frigates, and I have to say I just ... can't ... make the Enlil work right. Its too slow to catch frigates, and turns too slowly, so most of them sit at the edge of my CEPCs range, and when I start shooting they strafe and I can't turn fast enough and rrrrrrrggghhh it just aaages to kill things. I'm quite hard to kill in return, but that's not very useful. I've tried running missiles and torps on it but since I'm always at the edge of range they get shot down nearly all the time. Its hard to kill even a single Lasher or Hound for me.

I can do fairly well against destroyers, so there is that, but the Inanna and Shamash are just as good there.

Is there something I'm missing here? What's the secret to use it well? :D

P.S. Cargo and Troop ships plox :D

P.P.S. Loving the other frigates. Gonna go play with the destroyers now.

Borgoid

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 16, 2013, 12:20:23 AM »

Hey Taverius.

I can't say I'm suffering the same problems with the Enlil, I'd say at first glance that the solution to your problem is Unstable Injector since well... A Lasher has a top speed of 130 unmodified ( A lot of the variants have Augmented Engines, buffing them to 170) and the Enlil has an unmodified speed of 160.

On a very basic ( And extreme ) level you could try putting both Unstable AND Augmented on along with a Scatter CEPC in the medium and two standard CEPCs in the hard points and possibly leaving the rear facing ones empty in favor of other hull mods or more vents/capacitors.
Then just treat it roughly like a battering ram and embrace the true nature of capacitor based weapons :D
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 107