Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 107

Author Topic: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc4(4/12/21)  (Read 1121611 times)

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: (0.54.1a) Shadowyards Heavy Industries v0.3.2c
« Reply #255 on: April 25, 2013, 11:00:38 AM »

It shoots a little crescent shaped projectile that isn't quite visible enough at the moment; basically pretty similar to some old school shooters in appearance, but the .proj and possibly the sprite needs to be bigger I think.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 25, 2013, 11:02:07 AM »

I'd love to see :D
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 11:09:42 AM by Sproginator »
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 25, 2013, 11:11:45 AM »

Well, currently it just looks like this:

I doubled the projectiles width in the .proj file which makes it a bit more noticeable.  The sprite could probably use a little more work though.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 25, 2013, 11:12:17 AM »

Cool :D
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 26, 2013, 08:30:02 PM »

Well, kind of a special update today: the Pandora is now ready for use.  I will probably be playing rather a lot with the values for this, so right now the damage and so forth is highly preliminary.

Also present is the new Raksasha class bomber:

It's not quite ready to declare the next full version but this was the big thing so yeah!  Still have to write up descriptions (and I would really like to do a short piece about this weapon from the pov of the project lead) as well as a few other tasks but this is good.  Lazy Wizard is awesome.

That is all.

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 01, 2013, 09:39:40 PM »

I've gotten my hands on some rakshasas. They're ok. The missiles are typically shot too close to the target for the bomblets to aim at destroyers. I like that they have two shots though. The PD system is pretty good too.

I noticed that the errm built in weapon on the mimir shoots over disabled hulls. It allows for some hilarious shenanigans like dropping my shield & passive venting while still shooting at whoever i want. Its quite exploitative, but i like it.

The mimir's phase skimmer is awesome. It feels more powerful than the maneuvering jets of the conquest. It really moves you along. I can tie frigates to the buoy on the maps with 2 of them. It may be a little too powerful. It does allows me to eat up onslaughts though so thats nice.

Haven't tried the pandora cannon yet
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 02, 2013, 06:55:41 AM »

Hmmm, sounds like I've got a bit more work to do on the Tusk then?  Maybe have it split and/or be fired at a longer range.  I'm glad the min-flak is working up to expectations at least, but it sounds like the Raksasha's could possibly stand some minor improvements here and there.

I'm not really sure what I could do about the piercing hulks since the piercing is kind of the entire point; maybe if it did additional damage to hulks so that the tactic couldn't be used for as long?  Well, aside from that I was hoping the "Mimir Skimmer" could be balanced by the ships otherwise disproportionate FP cost but it sounds like it might still be too much.

The Pandora is a tricky beast and I totally need to remember to upload the bugfixed version Lazy Wizard sent me; the version in the current dev release will apply multiple ticks of damage per spark when those sparks go off, which can get a little... absurd.

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 02, 2013, 01:59:33 PM »

The Pandora is a tricky beast and I totally need to remember to upload the bugfixed version Lazy Wizard sent me; the version in the current dev release will apply multiple ticks of damage per spark when those sparks go off, which can get a little... absurd.

I think absurd might be an understatement. The buggy pandora array is so overwhelming it can single-handedly take down cap ships. Sometimes overloading the shields in a couple shots. It was hilarious when i used an elysium in my fleet. Turns out the sparks will damage friendlies in the same broken manner. I didn't have very many ships left before i realized what was killing them all.

Is PD supposed to make the sparks not fire? The animation would happen, but no damage would be dealt from detonation. The spark would still be wafting through space after the PD shot it and moved on to another spark. I noticed it best when fighting a conquest in the simulator.

I really like the the pandora array shoots out sparks at its maximum range irrespective of hitting something. It allowed me to be trixy and shoot just past front shielded enemies to have it detonate on their engines.

The ship system on the elysium feels slower now. Which is probably good. I like that it doesn't generate continuous flux while active like burndrive. I wasn't able to tell if the AI was doing ok or not with it.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 02, 2013, 11:04:00 PM »

Alright, dev version updated; included is the updated Pandora script which should make it less ridiculous (though it's still pretty powerful, I still ended up increasing it's cooldown time by another 3.5 seconds).  Not entirely sure what to do about the Mimir, gave her mildly better flux dissipation and a much slower turn rate (though still substantially better than most capital ships) - might need more adjustment.  The Skimmer is nuts on a ship of this size though, I may have to consider scrapping it.

On the weapons front not much has occurred, as I've only made some adjustment to the Tusk torpedo to make it split open a bit further away.  Hopefully this will make it a tad more effective.

Edit:  And I'm tired enough that I totally forgot the link: =download=
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 11:12:01 PM by MShadowy »

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 09, 2013, 10:38:09 PM »

Sometimes when rakshasas fire at something i told 'em to strike their missile chases after something else. The entire missile rather. Not the mirv thing where the bomblets chase your new target. Its a strange thing. They usually seem to chase whichever ship is physically nearest, but not always.

When tusks do chase the correct target they work out pretty well. They still mostly miss the long skinny destroyers when they're facing the rakshasas. Side on they're still in trouble.

Is the supply convoy to the SHI base randomized? Sometimes i feel like i get more of one type of shipment over another. In my current game the SHI base has all the fuel ever and lots of personnel but the equipment is nearly identical to the starting equipment. Sometimes it isn't so bare though.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 10, 2013, 08:15:34 AM »

The supply fleets are randomly selected, yes.  Though I did set up the convoys so that shipments of equipment should be about 25% more likely to spawn than personnel or fuel convoys so maybe you just got unlucky?

As for the Raksashas targeting issues I have no idea; guess I'll have to check it out.  That's curious behavior to be sure.  Maybe the AI isn't clearing its targets properly?

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 10, 2013, 09:58:07 AM »

I've been thinking about it, and most bombers use unguided payloads. It would make sense if they targeted the nearest enemy so their swarmers and PD went the right way. I didn't think to check if they shoot at the wrong ship if i have them intercept or engage.

It seems the RNG just really wanted fuel this time. Does it randomly select every convoy or is the percentage randomly selected once for all subsequent convoys?

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 10, 2013, 10:45:33 AM »

It should be selected each time a convoy spawns.

legion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Total Annihilation Papercraft
« Reply #268 on: May 10, 2013, 03:25:52 PM »

I played the Dev version for a bit, but can you/could you design a non-missile Kinetic weapon for the ships, the missile is great, but you can't fight long with only 3 or 6 missiles. That is kind of limiting if you want to use only SHI weapons! It looks damn good though!

I had also only personel/fuel convoys spawning during testing.

Farrem

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 30, 2013, 01:45:57 PM »

Welp... Time to stop hiding in the darkness of this forums...
This mod is great, amazing artwork, and the weapons are somewhat good...
But the ships in this mod are my worst enemy, for I am a person who only uses Symmetrical ships...

Off topic from the above text, I really did mean the second line, I am amazed people can be so good at pixelated art for games such as this one, VERY detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 107