Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 107

Author Topic: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc4(4/12/21)  (Read 1115427 times)

Sinigr

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.8.7rc2(05/15/19)
« Reply #1365 on: September 12, 2019, 10:09:28 AM »

I'm a little sad that most of the other mods I've tried have not been as balanced to vanilla as yours seems to be
Balanced to vanilla, are you serious man? Okey, for example, look, some vanilla cruiser size carriers for 20 deployment: and Yardie cruiser carrier for 25 deployment:
Some forum's bugs, text in image:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 10:21:53 AM by Sinigr »
"officerMaxLevel":29,
"officerAIMax":36,
"maxOfficersInAIFleet":36
"tier1StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier2StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier3StationOfficerLevel":29,
Try to hunt it! ;)
https://i.imgur.com/gXIAgGy.png

Lathrael

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: September 13, 2019, 10:50:54 AM »

First of all, i really appreciate the effort you put in creating this mod. The ships are stunning beautiful and unique, but....

The portraits auto-included in this mod, is out of aesthetics of the game, stands out in a bad way, which breaks the immersion. While I know it's a short work on the player's part to "fix" it however they like, i would advice you to publish a "lite" version that doesn't include those portraits. Because not all would bother with the effort or some might not know how to.

Just my opinion :/
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 10:54:47 AM by Lathrael »

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: September 13, 2019, 11:32:10 AM »

I'm a little sad that most of the other mods I've tried have not been as balanced to vanilla as yours seems to be
Balanced to vanilla, are you serious man? Okey, for example, look, some vanilla cruiser size carriers for 20 deployment: and Yardie cruiser carrier for 25 deployment:
Well yes of course.
20 DP and 25 DP is not the same. It means you can get 5 Herons/Moras for the price of 4 Charybdis. So a much better ratio of fighter wings/DP

And Charybdis stats aren't really better. Sure, Mora has poor flux stats, but's it's a has medium missile slots, and small ballistic slots. And it can tank a capital ship  with its armor and system. It needs no flux to operate. Charybdis appears to have goods stats with 540 dissipation, before you realise it has front locked shield and it needs a whooping 378 flux to raise. So you need to either accept having a shields that is only situational despite good paper stats or invest into Stabilised Shields, Extended Shields and max vents just to be able to use it.

Also Charybdis has the worst system: a brief speed boost. Where Mora gets brief invincibility and Heron gets damage buffs for its wings. Charybdis needs to stick into the fight for it to make up for that. And the exclusive energy wepon loadout eats a lot of flux. Not to mention hybrid ships do less well due to more officer skill requirements.

So Charybdis is fine. It's not too strong, but it's a fun ship to use.

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: September 13, 2019, 12:04:22 PM »

It's simple:

-Mora is brick which only by accident can put some fighters on battlefield.
-Heron is proper carrier.
-Charybdis is hybrid-carrier/cruiser. So it is not perfect in both situation, but more flexible than both of 2 others.

Czyrek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: September 13, 2019, 12:22:20 PM »

Well yes of course.
20 DP and 25 DP is not the same. It means you can get 5 Herons/Moras for the price of 4 Charybdis. So a much better ratio of fighter wings/DP

And Charybdis stats aren't really better. Sure, Mora has poor flux stats, but's it's a has medium missile slots, and small ballistic slots. And it can tank a capital ship  with its armor and system. It needs no flux to operate. Charybdis appears to have goods stats with 540 dissipation, before you realise it has front locked shield and it needs a whooping 378 flux to raise. So you need to either accept having a shields that is only situational despite good paper stats or invest into Stabilised Shields, Extended Shields and max vents just to be able to use it.

Also Charybdis has the worst system: a brief speed boost. Where Mora gets brief invincibility and Heron gets damage buffs for its wings. Charybdis needs to stick into the fight for it to make up for that. And the exclusive energy wepon loadout eats a lot of flux. Not to mention hybrid ships do less well due to more officer skill requirements.

So Charybdis is fine. It's not too strong, but it's a fun ship to use.

-Charybdis is a hybrid-carrier/cruiser.

You guy basically listed out all the points I was thinking of. Charybdis also does seem to be a bit of an outlier compared to some of the others which seem to stick a bit closer to vanilla. (in stats and in maintenance value)

Sinigr

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: September 14, 2019, 05:07:01 AM »

OMG, Charybdis can tank with shields much more than More, and it is faster than Herom with it's system, also Charybdis can do much more damage with it's large gun, and much bonuces of aditional ordnance. Charybdis is extremle overpowered for it's 25 deployment. You all are really far from balancing.
Try to hunt it! ;)

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: September 14, 2019, 08:39:14 AM »

OMG, Charybdis can tank with shields much more than More,
Well, duh. Mora is an armor-focused brick with literal invincibility, not a shield-based one.
and it is faster than Herom with it's system
In other words, it's slower without the system. And Heron's system is much better for a carrier, since it buffs its wings damage.

also Charybdis can do much more damage with it's large gun, and much bonuces of aditional ordnance.
It's hybrid carrier, so it has guns yes. All pure carriers have less OP than hybrids due to their potential. Case in point: the 45 OP Astral has 230 OP, the 40 OP Legion has 260 OP.

Compare Charybdis stats to an Apogee and you will see the stats are suddenly much less impressive. Even though Apogee is only 18 DP and not even considered that strong among crusers, the apogee has better armor, shield, and flux stats, and it has more guns. Charybdis is has some firepower to support the fleet, but head on, it's well below the firepower of a true cruiser.

Charybdis is extremle overpowered for it's 25 deployment.
It's not. Your theorycrafting is full of mistakes.

You all are really far from balancing.
Considering the very amusing ideas about the Cathedral in the other thread, I don't think the problem is on this end.

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Figuring out how the hell to wear heels (She/it)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: September 14, 2019, 12:02:16 PM »

OMG, Charybdis can tank with shields much more than More, and it is faster than Herom with it's system, also Charybdis can do much more damage with it's large gun, and much bonuces of aditional ordnance. Charybdis is extremle overpowered for it's 25 deployment. You all are really far from balancing.
Charybdis is not nearly as broken as you make it. In practice the Mora can leverage nearly all of its flux for its shields and subsystem and is a literal brick of hull and armor, while the Charybdis burns a lot of flux on its energy-heavy loadout and its shields are meh. Charybdis is also much more likely to throw itself into situations that will melt it, and its ship system helps little compared to Damper Field. Heron exists to kite all day long, so it needs neither flux nor hull.

I believe you need to play the game more before you make any sweeping accusations of balance.
It's been a long time, but I still love ya!

- Pfp done by Sleepyfish!

Sinigr

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: September 14, 2019, 02:55:30 PM »

I believe you need to play the game more before you make any sweeping accusations of balance.
I am piloting Paragon and hunting remnants, full ai in each ship with max lvl 29(i know how you are fighting pirates with usual officers, which are more weaker, and OH MY GOD in spite of this you can not win it, and i see tears about it here, in that forum), so you should play more, to understand what is op and what not. If you do not understand how to use Charybdises to make it op, it is your problam, i can make it op, it can fight, go for venting while other Charybdis changes it, and it has enough time to understand that it is in dangerous situation (cool capacitors for shield), what say about Mora - it can tank 2 times with it's system than it will explode, Heron? It is fast, yes, but if something strong one will get, it seems to be exploded in some seconds, while Charybdis can tank, can evoid dangerous situation by it's system (while, how i said, other Charybdis chanege's for tank), vent, and engage in battle again, just try to use 5 moras or and 4 Charybdis, hunt remnants or tachion/hegemony bounty for 300k+ kredits. and you will see how 4 Charybdis are working, and how Moras and Herones will explode. +- 15000 capacitors with shield +- 0.45, it can tank 25k+ damage with it's shield, you all are very far from understanding vanilla balancing.
Try to hunt it! ;)

Sinigr

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: September 14, 2019, 03:00:49 PM »

also Charybdis can do much more damage with it's large gun, and much bonuces of aditional ordnance.
It's hybrid carrier, so it has guns yes. All pure carriers have less OP than hybrids due to their potential. Case in point: the 45 OP Astral has 230 OP, the 40 OP Legion has 260 OP.
Just one more "bad player" that do not understand differences low or high tech.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 03:02:49 PM by Sinigr »
Try to hunt it! ;)

Golde

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: September 14, 2019, 10:22:16 PM »

Just one more "bad player" that do not understand differences low or high tech.

This mod is excellent and I mean it. While my opinions are insignificant, it has the popularity and reputations to be one of the best. Swing by Discord and you'll see for yourself; It's featured in just about every modded playthrough series to date, both on Twitch and Youtube. So clearly, whatever Mshadowy's doing; he's doing it right.

You don't like the mod, we get it. With the amount of time you spent here complaining at others, you could have easily learned basic modding and adjusted the difficulty down for your own convenience.

Kids are not supposed to enjoy fine wine anyways.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: September 15, 2019, 09:55:06 AM »

Okay, first things first: please stop poking at this guy, thanks. It's not gonna go anywhere and is kinda just fouling up the thread.

Thanks, that clarifies a ton for me. Is the medical facility worth it for the growth in your opinion? I modded the base game a little bit to get more industries faster so I'd probably have to revert that.

As it stands right now the medical facilities are a bit incomplete as I've not yet figured out how to spoof them exporting things. Generally speaking the added industries are still somewhat poorly integrated with the base campaign, and the Med Center is the one where this is most noticeable.

The portraits auto-included in this mod, is out of aesthetics of the game, stands out in a bad way, which breaks the immersion. While I know it's a short work on the player's part to "fix" it however they like, i would advice you to publish a "lite" version that doesn't include those portraits. Because not all would bother with the effort or some might not know how to.

I'm sorry to hear that the portraits aren't to your liking; I've known for a while that they don't mesh with David's style, but I also can't quite manage to match it. Our styles are a bit too different for me to pull it off, even when trying. However, it is unlikely that I'll maintain an alternate release sans portraits since, if nothing else, I will be less likely to keep it properly maintained. Sorry.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 09:58:05 AM by MShadowy »

Sinigr

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: September 16, 2019, 05:19:58 PM »

I like that mod, just saying that some ships are not very good in balancing.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 05:24:42 PM by Sinigr »
Try to hunt it! ;)

Sinigr

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: September 16, 2019, 05:24:19 PM »

First of all, i really appreciate the effort you put in creating this mod. The ships are stunning beautiful and unique, but....

Just my opinion :/
You can easely change portraits if you want, look, Fractal Softworks\Starsector\mods\Shadowyards\graphics\portraits here you have Yardie portraits, so you can take original portraits from Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\graphics\portraits, make their copy, than, rename as you see in Yardie folder and change them. Yardie will load portraits which where chosen and installed with same names.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 05:26:23 PM by Sinigr »
Try to hunt it! ;)

SparraNova

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: September 29, 2019, 06:30:17 PM »

Hey, first post here, so forgive me if this is breaking some sort of protocol I missed or asking about something that's already been answered, but I've been having a bit of a weird... interaction with this mod, specifically to do with the Modular Fabricators colony building.

Namely, I figured that the best way to handle my ongoing shortage of ships would be to build both Modular Fabricators and vanilla Heavy Industry on the same colony... which I'm not entirely sure is meant to be possible, but the game certainly didn't stop me. However, once both were up and running, for some reason the game only seemed to register the production of the Heavy Industry. Currently I've got both upgraded and using pristine nanoforges, but the only thing actually cranking out ships is the vanilla Orbital Works. I did check, and in isolation the Modular Fabricators seem to be working fine, but when they're both put together it seems like the Heavy Industry overwrites them somehow, in every respect except the demand for metals, which the Fabricators are still sucking up... or at least appearing too. Looking at the demand it's displaying both as demanding 5 metals, but the total demand is also only showing up as 5, so really I have no idea what the hell is going on.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 107