Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 107

Author Topic: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc4(4/12/21)  (Read 1115556 times)

RetroJL

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.7.0.1rc2
« Reply #1215 on: November 20, 2018, 10:20:14 AM »

Just crashed as well.  Didn't even think it was related until I saw this.  Here's my log for reference.

Code
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.ai.MS_Barrago_S2_AI.advance(MS_Barrago_S2_AI.java:165)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Missile$GuidedMissileAIWrapper.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[\code]

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: November 20, 2018, 12:33:21 PM »

These are the same crash I posted in the discord, btw. Got it randomly quite some time into a battle while a ship on my side was equipped with a pair of Barragos, then it happened again a while later so I just stopped using them. Definitely intermittent -- not always the first time they fire.
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: November 20, 2018, 04:07:15 PM »

The industries now cost money and take time to build, but they don't seem to produce anything.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: November 20, 2018, 04:27:02 PM »

They actually do produce stuff, but because of how demand class works they don't get exported for some reason; this actually seems to be a thing with Volturnian Lobster as well in vanilla. I'm currently in the midst of figuring that out (in particular seeing if I can't come up with custom demand classes) but we'll see.

E: I should probably note the missile crash has been fixed, as well as an issue that was preventing nanoforges from being installed in Modular Fabricators. Also fixed me fixing up the wrong thruster script so that should work now (though it still needs some tweaking).
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 04:30:31 PM by MShadowy »

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: November 21, 2018, 10:25:48 AM »

Well, damn. If they don't export, does this mean I should replace with Heavy Industry for now?

Dragon239

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: November 21, 2018, 10:33:40 AM »

I don't think the Medical Center is actually increasing Pop Growth.

Mine says it should be giving me +50 Pop Growth, but I ain't seeing it. Is it related to how it doesn't export, or show up at the right side under "Commodities"?
By the way, did this mod add High-Cap Storage? What's it do?

Also, kinda unrelated but: Is there a way to see Global Market Info of a commodity without being at a colony screen of a colony that requires it in some way? I have no idea what the market value of Cloned Organs even is, given it doesn't show up at the moment.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: November 21, 2018, 11:17:01 AM »

Well, damn. If they don't export, does this mean I should replace with Heavy Industry for now?

Modular Fabricators output standard commodities-Supplies, Heavy Machinery and Ship Hulls-which get exported just fine; it's the Medical Center and Solar Collectors whose commodities don't export. I'm still trying to figure out why this is.

In the current release this is indeed the case, but the current in development version has the population growth applying correctly (it's also toned down quite a bit, since I realized basing the pop growth from it on the level you get from the Cryorevival facility was kinda dumb)

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: November 21, 2018, 11:27:25 AM »

Mine says it should be giving me +50 Pop Growth, but I ain't seeing it. Is it related to how it doesn't export, or show up at the right side under "Commodities"?
By the way, did this mod add High-Cap Storage? What's it do?

Also, kinda unrelated but: Is there a way to see Global Market Info of a commodity without being at a colony screen of a colony that requires it in some way? I have no idea what the market value of Cloned Organs even is, given it doesn't show up at the moment.

Cloned? Ive only ever seen harvested, and they should up in Command screen.. Currently my faction controls a 63% share as colonies are Free  Ports(need this otherwise you dont get organs)

Piemanlives

• Commander
  • I've Got This, I think...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: November 21, 2018, 11:32:57 AM »

Modular Fabricators output standard commodities-Supplies, Heavy Machinery and Ship Hulls-which get exported just fine; it's the Medical Center and Solar Collectors whose commodities don't export. I'm still trying to figure out why this is.
I'm no modder but...

Volturn lobster, the only commodity that doesn't get exported in Vanilla is also the only commodity that doesn't have an associated colonial demand. Meaning that colonies don't want it even if it's the subject of numerous procurement contracts. All other commodities in the game are required by the various industries or structures that a colony holds but not the lobsters. Perhaps if you tried setting a random industry to demand cloned organs it would begin importing but I'm unsure.
This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.

Dragon239

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: November 21, 2018, 11:49:48 AM »

Cloned? Ive only ever seen harvested, and they should up in Command screen.. Currently my faction controls a 63% share as colonies are Free  Ports(need this otherwise you dont get organs)
This mod added them, as far as I know. They're blue-colored and legal, but worth less - 100c base price.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.7.0.1rc3
« Reply #1225 on: November 21, 2018, 03:40:45 PM »

Alright, probably the last release candidate finished.

0.7.0.1rc3 Changelog

Spoiler
  • Fixed a showstopper bug with the Barrago Missile AI that would occur when targeting ships without shields
  • Modular Fabricators can now have Nanoforges installed correctly
  • The Medical Center now correctly applies its population growth bonus
  • Implemented the correct vectored thruster plugin
  • The Tartarus' ship system now adjusts its speed malus depending on whether is has Safety Overrides installed
  • Went over the descriptions to fix a number of typos, weird sentence structures and also the Enlil's incorrect reference to having Universal hardpoints
[close]

Unfortunately I was unable to resolve the non-exporting goods problem in time for this release. Sorry, all.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 03:43:30 PM by MShadowy »

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: November 21, 2018, 04:53:53 PM »

I'm no modder but...

Volturn lobster, the only commodity that doesn't get exported in Vanilla is also the only commodity that doesn't have an associated colonial demand. Meaning that colonies don't want it even if it's the subject of numerous procurement contracts. All other commodities in the game are required by the various industries or structures that a colony holds but not the lobsters. Perhaps if you tried setting a random industry to demand cloned organs it would begin importing but I'm unsure.

High command, tech mining.....those guys have lots of spare cash for luxuries:)

Dragon239

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: November 21, 2018, 05:07:51 PM »

Thanks for the fixes.

Now for another question:
Is the Pandora Array supposed to cost 10,000 flux to fire?
It essentially ruins the ship in the hands of the AI, as they'll fire it and then whoops, there goes their Flux.
I changed it to be 220/shot (rather than the 1000) and it seems a bit more reasonable now. A bit flux inefficient for its damage (1.1:1), but it has decent range and doesn't really need any leading.

Edit: Another thing. My Medical Center is giving +4 Growth Points (it's actually 3.5 points, according to the Growth Rate tooltip) on a Size-7 Colony. Is that correct? Given that I have 230 growth points and it translates to +14% growth, a few points feels like nothin'
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 05:17:20 PM by Dragon239 »

Kanil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: November 21, 2018, 08:14:17 PM »

A few observations here.

1. Baseplates are great.
2. Baseplates are hilarious. The battle started with two of them flying straight into a Vardr and exploding.
3. Baseplates are hilarious. The battle ended with one of them having a critical malfunction and exploding for no apparent reason. I treated it as a sort of celebratory fireworks.
4. Baseplates probably require too much fuel. 3 is as much as most Cruisers and makes taking them anywhere kinda difficult.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: November 21, 2018, 09:15:23 PM »

Thanks for the fixes.

Now for another question:
Is the Pandora Array supposed to cost 10,000 flux to fire?
It essentially ruins the ship in the hands of the AI, as they'll fire it and then whoops, there goes their Flux.
I changed it to be 220/shot (rather than the 1000) and it seems a bit more reasonable now. A bit flux inefficient for its damage (1.1:1), but it has decent range and doesn't really need any leading.

Edit: Another thing. My Medical Center is giving +4 Growth Points (it's actually 3.5 points, according to the Growth Rate tooltip) on a Size-7 Colony. Is that correct? Given that I have 230 growth points and it translates to +14% growth, a few points feels like nothin'

Whoops, I forgot to adjust the flux use on that Pandora; thanks for the reminder (derp). The growth rate bonus is a bit up in the air at the moment; I'll fiddle with the values some, though for various reason it'll never quite be on the level of a cryorevival facility.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 107