Fractal Softworks Forum
June 24, 2018, 02:26:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New blog post: Pirate Bases, Raids, and Objectives (06/12/18); In-dev patch notes for Starsector 0.9a (06/01/18);Starsector 0.8.1a is out!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80]
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.7  (Read 442429 times)
JDCollie
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: May 02, 2018, 08:31:08 PM »

After a pretty sizeable delay, Shadowyards version 0.7 is now ready for download.

My favorite faction gets an update? Joyous day!
Bastion.Systems
Captain

Special Circumstances LCU

View Profile Email
« Reply #1186 on: May 03, 2018, 06:25:02 AM »

Sweet Space Jesus be praised
Regularity
Lieutenant

View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: May 22, 2018, 09:29:35 AM »

So, I'm playing with SRA (with the AI improvement mod, note sure if it matters) but once thing I've noticed is a bug where Wraith Drone Fighters will simply circle a target without firing. Looking at the code, I suspect the issue is the very tiny 0/5 degree firing arc on its forward cannon, meaning it can't actually aim its guns at objects it's circling. Or even objects slightly off-center.

Could you maybe consider expanding their firing arcs a bit more so they won't get stuck like that?
Midnight Kitsune
Admiral

Your Friendly Forum Friend

View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: May 22, 2018, 11:17:02 AM »

So, I'm playing with SRA (with the AI improvement mod, note sure if it matters) but once thing I've noticed is a bug where Wraith Drone Fighters will simply circle a target without firing. Looking at the code, I suspect the issue is the very tiny 0/5 degree firing arc on its forward cannon, meaning it can't actually aim its guns at objects it's circling. Or even objects slightly off-center.

Could you maybe consider expanding their firing arcs a bit more so they won't get stuck like that?
What AI mod and by whom if I may ask?

Stop trying to balance the game around a few minmaxers...
Programming is like sex:
One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

Tired of having your game crash because of out of date mods? Then click here!
Get Version Checker today! Now with 90% less hassle! Simply toss it into your mod folder, activate the mod like a normal one and BINGO you will now be informed of any and all updates when you start SS campaign up!
Snrasha
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: May 22, 2018, 11:26:12 AM »

You can join the unofficial discord server where we can help you quickly
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=11488.0
And to help you: AI Overhaul by Xenoargh is incompatible with many mods. If you want to use it, use it on vanilla game.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 11:39:18 AM by Snrasha » Logged

I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add Unique mission bounty on independant market/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Artefact
Two weird faction.

Sanguinary Anarchistic Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.
MShadowy
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #1190 on: May 22, 2018, 11:36:19 AM »

It's very, very likely a side effect of the AI mod, which I'm guessing is Xeno's unless someone's started a different version that I haven't heard of; the Wraiths work perfectly well with the vanilla AI, shooting beams and flak everywhere as they ought. For a number of reasons I'm not going to bother trying to design my mod around Xenoargh's work, not least of which is it kinda tends to break other mods.
Regularity
Lieutenant

View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: June 01, 2018, 10:17:52 AM »

It's very, very likely a side effect of the AI mod, which I'm guessing is Xeno's unless someone's started a different version that I haven't heard of; the Wraiths work perfectly well with the vanilla AI, shooting beams and flak everywhere as they ought. For a number of reasons I'm not going to bother trying to design my mod around Xenoargh's work, not least of which is it kinda tends to break other mods.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to suggest you completely support his mod or anything. I was just suggesting it (the increasing of very narrow firing arcs on drones) because I thought it was a way to make your mod more compatible with others, that would take both minimal effort (modifying a single number per drone) and not disrupt gameplay balance. Anyway, if the suggestion was too much work for you to implement in Shadowyards itself, hopefully this post will at least instruct others on how they can attempt to mod Shadowyards to fix the issue in their own games.
Snrasha
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: June 01, 2018, 10:26:13 AM »

Sorry, I wasn't trying to suggest you completely support his mod or anything. I was just suggesting it (the increasing of very narrow firing arcs on drones) because I thought it was a way to make your mod more compatible with others, that would take both minimal effort (modifying a single number per drone) and not disrupt gameplay balance. Anyway, if the suggestion was too much work for you to implement in Shadowyards itself, hopefully this post will at least instruct others on how they can attempt to mod Shadowyards to fix the issue in their own games.
Well, no, for me, MShadowy have reason, this is the job of the creator of AI Overhaul to fix a bug than he have created (who do not exist on vanilla) ^^

I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add Unique mission bounty on independant market/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Artefact
Two weird faction.

Sanguinary Anarchistic Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.
MShadowy
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #1193 on: June 02, 2018, 12:54:30 PM »

While you're right that this would be a trivial change to make, I'm not going to do it. First off it sets a precedent that I've no interest in setting--that being the expectation that I'll adjust my mod to accommodate Xenoarghs mods. Secondly, and more importantly, Xenoargh does not respect the work of other modders; he regularly breaks mod compatibility and functionality, does rebalance passes of mods without respect to the creators, and in general is kind of annoying. Also it's his mod that's breaking it; he should fix it.

So this is pretty much a mix of being a kind of a principle kind of thing and also, admittedly, not liking the guy and in no way wanting to support his work. Sorry.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 12:56:43 PM by MShadowy » Logged
Shuka
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #1194 on: June 06, 2018, 07:55:10 AM »

Thats like the mechanic breaking the car and asking you to fix it.

xenoargh
Admiral

Not a super-villain in real life.

View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: June 21, 2018, 02:10:08 AM »

The issues with very narrow fire-arcs has been addressed in the next build of the AI mod, which will be available pretty soon.  Thank Snrasha for bringing this to my attention Smiley

Check out my SS projects Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80]
  Print  

Jump to: