Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 107

Author Topic: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc4(4/12/21)  (Read 1115568 times)

Mysterhay

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: (0.8a) Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.6.0.7.1
« Reply #1020 on: April 27, 2017, 03:03:28 PM »

Hey, how much do you think would take you to make a version with darker colors?

Well, darker how?

I do have some darker themed skins that I was considering using for rare spawns and lucky finds with a weird camo scheme; I'd need to update the files to the most recent standards, but they might be in line with what you're thinking.

Spoiler
[close]

Of course the mod is your creation so the ships should look the way you like them, but I also have to add that I LOVE the darker shadow yards. Dark side of the shadow, if you will  8)  

Fits better with the overall look/feel of the game, in my opinion.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: April 27, 2017, 05:06:31 PM »

If I may suggest something though. Vanilla tends to make their ships more grimy/dirty, if you'd add that in, it would be great.
Shadowyards certainly has a rather unique look, and the color scheme is part of that. but i think Shadowy actually makes them fit into vanilla very well, despite the obvious differences. that "so different yet still so fitting" style is part of what makes this mod great, imo. :]

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Figuring out how the hell to wear heels (She/it)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: April 27, 2017, 05:26:18 PM »

Shadowyards can still manufacture ships at full capacity, as they were against the domain and as such was independent of their shipyards and mines.
It's been a long time, but I still love ya!

- Pfp done by Sleepyfish!

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: April 27, 2017, 10:32:57 PM »

Well for one I really, really like the bold color scheme of the SRA ships, tho cool spec ops variations would be hella sweet.

Also, maybe make the pirate ships color scheme stand out more from the SRA military ship one.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 10:35:25 PM by Bastion.Systems »

DinoZavarski

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: April 28, 2017, 03:40:03 AM »

I honestly prefer current distinctive appearance. Ruining their tree-like image just to make them look closer to domain technology will be great mistake. I don't think it is immersive to make Tri-Tachyon the only faction that has own shipbuilding school with distinctive style. It is normal and expectable for factions, that existed regardless of Domain to avoid using domain tech and copping Domain style.

Also looking around at the real world you may see that even on a single planet that has become to small for someone to hide effectively most efforts to limit and control technology eventually fail. It is quite clear that at the imaginary Domain scale attempts to limit access to nanotechnology and control it's usability and development by enforcing copyrights, patents, DRM and so on will fail even more miserably. Actually if there is something that is really not immersive in SS it is the assumption that such powerful state system formation existed without enforcing ban on R&D of high-end nano, bio and field manipulation technology, destroying systematically anyone who attempts to violate it. Actually they would have preferred to simply bury such dangerous things. The fact that they still used nanotech is most likely evidence that control was lost even before the Domain was able to react to it's development and when they become aware of it the tech was already available to a number of presumable enemies.

This makes safe to assume that in Domain controlled territories nanoforges and their control chips have become available to the general public only after collapse (mostly due to uncontrollable scavenging), but remaining/new states still do their best to prevent any uncontrolled "creativity" in their use (including taming the population to perceive tempering with blueprints or chipless nanoforges as abomination on pair with unbound AI). Territories that where out of Domain reach however eventually gained their own nanotech infrastructure, developed own blueprints and enforced their own nano tech control policy long before the collapse.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 06:52:43 AM by DinoZavarski »
Me no know, me no understand, me just root...

Immahnoob

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: April 28, 2017, 05:14:56 AM »

It's just aesthetically displeasing and immersion breaking, they're too bright and don't get me started on the "tree-like appearance" because of the colors.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: April 28, 2017, 05:47:47 AM »

It's just aesthetically displeasing and immersion breaking
i disagree on both of these. :P

Kanil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: April 28, 2017, 07:24:08 AM »

I'm pretty sure the ships have been this color for quite a long time, so I'd guess recoloring them probably isn't a high priority... (... and personally, I quite like them as-is.)

In non-color related news, all the drone fighters have crew requirements. Also fighters in general seem quite expensive, at least compared to the cheaper 0.8 fighters. The Morningstar (C) doesn't have a fighter bay -- is that part of the civilian downgrade? Most trivially, the Tartarus' description still mentions universal mounts.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: April 28, 2017, 08:35:52 AM »

I had thought the drone tag would stop crew losses but guess not; going through ship data it does look like all bay launched drones do very specifically have 0 crew, so that's a mistake on my part.  I'll look at wing costs as well and probably reduce them some--also I may have screwed up on the OP for the Raksasha's looking at it compared to the Trident; I think I must have misread the fleet points column as the OP cost column.  Oops.

Regarding the (C)ivilian Variants; they're very likely to become Persean (L)eague variants within the next couple of releases with a resultant change up in effects, most likely retaining more flux stats while still having them decrease, losing the cargo upgrade, boosts to armor + hull health, and switching over to Ballistic weapons for offence while keeping energy for PD in line with "midtech" ships; as a result I decided not to revisit them right now. As an aside I'd also like to add these particular variants to Independent lists, so you can still get Yardie ships without having to get a commission.

Also yeah, I need to go over descriptions and bring them up to par; the matter is in finding the time.

603bill

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: April 28, 2017, 01:57:17 PM »

The Scatter CEPC also needs to be looked at.  Right now its flux use is 4400, and its total ammo and reload size seem to have one too many 0s

Camael

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: April 28, 2017, 03:57:07 PM »

Non-productive comment:

Still an amazing mod, and somehow I remember it was always the first after a big upgrade that I threw into my game. Thanks for the great work and keeping this current and dust-free.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: April 28, 2017, 04:02:29 PM »

Okay, that slipped by me; I hadn't realized (and likely missed) that shotgun style weapons had had their underlying mechanics addressed.  Something more to check I guess.

E: The flux use seems fine, using 1100 per shot as it's supposed to be, but since the ammo counter no longer goes down by 20 each time you fire the ammo count and ammo regen are currently way too high; reduced to 6 shots and a regen of 0.2 shots/second.  Thanks for the heads up.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 04:12:41 PM by MShadowy »

Surge

• Captain
  • Go big or go home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: April 28, 2017, 05:23:18 PM »

Has anybody noticed yet that the Neriad has a base price of 12k? It's literally cheaper to buy a Warthog for 3x the OP.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: April 28, 2017, 05:32:49 PM »

Yeah, the fighter prices have been brought up; they'll be reduced in the next release.

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: April 29, 2017, 11:24:26 AM »

Cloned organs are sold on open market on Euripides but you can't buy them because "illegal to trade on open market here".
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 107