Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Triple Lance  (Read 2482 times)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Triple Lance
« on: July 21, 2012, 09:45:23 AM »

I'm just wondering, is it possible to have a beam weapon shoot three projectiles from different spots, like the Heavy Autocannon does, but shoots beams instead of projectiles.  I've been tinkering with it and I can't get it right.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

sini002

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Triple Lance
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 09:50:02 AM »

it's possible with two beams at least. the starting ship you get if you join the slave dealers in the "fight for the universe" mod has 4 guns that can fire two beams if i remember right.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 09:51:46 AM »

You can't get beams to alternate fire, but you can have multiple beams shoot from the same turret - burst beam or regular.

Or, if you want something like the Pulse Laser, *that* can function exactly like the Heavy AC does.

Just start with the Heavy AC definition, point it to a copy of the pulse laser projectile, snag the animationType and muzzleFlashSpec from the Pulse Laser definition, and you should be good to go. Well, you'll need some glow sprites, too.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 09:57:13 AM »

OK!  I was hoping for alternating beams, but projectiles will have to do. Thanks!
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.