Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29

Author Topic: !! OUTDATED !! The Thule Legacy  (Read 204551 times)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
Re: !! OUTDATED !! The Thule Legacy
« Reply #405 on: October 25, 2013, 03:53:45 AM »

You know what I mean.

Thule was roughly believed to be Scotland (Picts), Norway, Iceland, island off northern Germany... Basically northern European / Scandinavian (or perhaps even Celtic) people.  :)

Thule

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 26, 2013, 02:04:29 AM »

Thanks Eric and dmaiski, glad you like it ;)

Here's an early concept of a thulian female, not much is done except the face and hair. Have to do a lot of cleaning up, color corrections and find a suitable lower body.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 03:56:58 AM by Thule »

Thule

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 26, 2013, 03:57:36 AM »

replaced the lower body, added some color correction and variety with face tattoos. On the right side the two portraits for comparison
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 04:01:18 AM by Thule »

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 26, 2013, 06:18:51 AM »

Portraits are cool and all (especially yours) but i have a question. Are people actually choosing their portrait when they start a new campaign? I know i don't even bother with the character look and just mash my keyboard for the name, just my way to say "screw this! Let me kill stuffs!" to the game.

Not a critic directed to Thule because of the lack of 0.61 update (well, just a lil' bit) but i'm curious if i'm alone or not about this?

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 26, 2013, 06:49:17 AM »

Portraits are cool and all (especially yours) but i have a question. Are people actually choosing their portrait when they start a new campaign? I know i don't even bother with the character look and just mash my keyboard for the name, just my way to say "screw this! Let me kill stuffs!" to the game.

Not a critic directed to Thule because of the lack of 0.61 update (well, just a lil' bit) but i'm curious if i'm alone or not about this?

Yes, I take time to pick a portrait that matches the role I'm playing. I care about my character and what he / she looks like. It is all part of the immersion process.

Wunder

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 26, 2013, 09:34:06 AM »

Awwww I really like the idea of this mod :(

LITERALLY                                                                                      Give me please :(
I like very much.

Thule

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 27, 2013, 05:11:46 AM »

I for one am really picky if given the choice to select a character portrait. And as Erick pointed out, if someone wants to have more of a choice rpg wise, he will appreciate every additional portrait he/she could pick for a specific playthrough or what not. And yes, it's optional and can kind of seem totaly disposable, but for me it's great fun ;)

Latest WIP stage of a female thuilian portrait:

@GGMC
Soon™  ;D

Lore related picture
Byrngarde

« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 06:31:29 AM by Thule »

Wunder

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 27, 2013, 09:13:42 AM »

This for 54.1A

Wunder

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 27, 2013, 03:15:10 PM »

I have found evidence that the Thule Meteor is not fitted as a built in weapon in the Asteriod carrying thingy that i have forgot its name...

Thule

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 29, 2013, 02:22:11 AM »

@GGMC Thanks for the report, will be fixed in the coming update

Finished the portraits, may tinker with them at some other time again.
---------->
---------->

Beside the Stygg, the ships navigator/commander, the second in command
on a TL ship is the "Asgarda". She is in direct command over the Marines on board.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 09:54:01 AM by Thule »

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 29, 2013, 07:46:07 AM »

Although it bothers me how they are all based on the same portraits, the "direction" is rather interesting and you've managed to differentiate them well. Cyberpunk vikings! You should get your whip and head over and "convince" mshadowy to spin up a Thulian, then we could have a side by side between his SHI and BRDY drawings.

Thule

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 30, 2013, 05:14:11 AM »

Although it bothers me how they are all based on the same portraits, the "direction" is rather interesting and you've managed to differentiate them well. Cyberpunk vikings! You should get your whip and head over and "convince" mshadowy to spin up a Thulian, then we could have a side by side between his SHI and BRDY drawings.

the issue with the same portrait bothers me too, so i took the trader and tried a different face:
-----------> looks okay i guess

with the female i tried giving the asgarda a more professional concerned look ;)
----------->
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 05:41:57 AM by Thule »

Wunder

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 30, 2013, 05:51:56 AM »

Interesting :D but dont go too far into too much detail, not many people will notice, me, personally,I love the portraits,and well, like them how they are :D
Also another ship report:
There is a larger battlestation, or a smaller one, I think its called the citadelstation, but I lost my 54.1A, so no more reports from me.

Thule

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 30, 2013, 09:33:25 PM »

Edited sounds of the barbarossa, hunker and slugger to make them sound more metallic.

Oh and hey, if any code able man or woman wants to help push the update for TL a little bit sooner out the front door
just send me a pm and i could provide you with details. I really need some help, i am clearly more talented on the "artistic" level.

Updated the OP with 3 portraits and some possible quotes.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 16, 2013, 12:22:08 PM »

2 months necro standard spam about the 0.6.1 TL mod.

Aside from nagging you, i wondered: Are you still planning something for your "pipe-organ" TL ship? I really liked this one you posted on the sprite thread.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29