Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I'm not supprized by the feeling of "slow down"  (Read 8821 times)

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
I'm not supprized by the feeling of "slow down"
« on: July 01, 2012, 10:51:48 PM »

I don't recall who it was that began the talk of feeling a "slow down" on the forum but I think I found why this was.

Check this out:
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?action=stats

Look at the bottom of the page, the Monthly stats show that June has had; half the number of new topics, and close to half the number of total posts for that month, and also half the number of new members.

So yeah, by just comparing those two months I'm not surprised some may have had a feeling of a slowdown.

Still, there's been a explosion of activity this year. Just look at those numbers. Wow man, it must have been a good year for this game.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 07:58:56 AM by Vandala »

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
Re: I'm not supprized by the feeling of "slow down"
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 12:04:25 AM »

bin or been?

Other than that, I haven't felt it.
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

DNAz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 02:27:16 AM »

lol @ Upgradecap. You know your a badass when you are more active on the forums than the lead dev/community manager.

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 03:17:57 AM »

Anyone care to work out if there's a correlation between new forum members and TB's 1st/2nd preview videos?

Hopelessnoob

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 03:30:33 AM »

the slow down is likely cause its summer time, folks are out doors more.

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 05:44:16 AM »

bin or been?
I already busted his balls on that one earlier. He also like to put threw instead of through. All in good fun of course.

I remember someone saying something about getting tired of coming on here and reading suggestions that were already made months ago, and I'm going to have to agree. Whether it be due to someone not using the search function, or having the same idea but using different terminology, it gets old fighting the same bad suggestion again.

Hopelessnoob

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 06:32:02 AM »

especially the SPAZ suggestion of having boarding craft in the same way as SPAZ does it...really annoying.

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 08:01:00 AM »

I know my writing is horrid, even spell checker can't save me.  :'(

Starlight

• Commander
  • Vulpes Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 08:27:34 AM »

The sun burns my fragile flesh.  Plus, recent experience has proven that warm weather is often merely a prelude to a shocking surprise attack deluge that soaks you through to the bone.  Ahh, Britain. 
Starlight; Vulpine Space-Adventurer.  Fond of lasers.

Chancellor Meatsteak

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 12:50:31 PM »

Anyone care to work out if there's a correlation between new forum members and TB's 1st/2nd preview videos?

Indeed there is. WTF is Starfarer? came out on January 14. Starfarer 0.5a came out on February 14 followed by the second WTF is? on the 18th. January had 271 new members and 196 new topics while February has 475 new members and 676 new topics, compared to 31 new members and 29 new topics on December 2011.

Another interesting note, while new member amounts have been slowly going down since February there has been an increase in the number of topics from 439 to 621 between April and May, the latter month marking the release of 0.52a.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 12:54:22 PM by Chancellor Meatsteak »

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 01:08:07 PM »

I'm not all that surprised either. There is only so much to do in the current campaign so replay value is a limited atm - people lose immediate interest and only check the forums casually for updates. The last update was significant but didn't add anything really new. The next update will add ship systems(!) so I suspect the forum activity will surge upwards discussing them. Even then things are pretty much confined to combat and once everything has been gone over activity will go down... right up until the campaign expands or officers are implemented etc etc.

Starlight

• Commander
  • Vulpes Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 05:09:16 PM »

So essentially, we just plain need new shiny things in general and the next update in particular.  The waiting for this update is getting murderous.  I realise it'll be combat done when it's in, but still.  z: j
Starlight; Vulpine Space-Adventurer.  Fond of lasers.

KriiEiter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 06:57:35 PM »

So essentially, we just plain need new shiny things in general and the next update in particular.  The waiting for this update is getting murderous.  I realise it'll be combat done when it's in, but still.  z: j

It's not really combat "done" as much as combat "more finished" haha.

But yeah, there hasn't been an update in awhile, and even the progress on modding seems to be a tad slow.

I know I'm outside a lot more because it's summer, but it's been 95+ (Fahrenheit) the last few days and that makes me stay in.
"If it aint broke, don't fix it."

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 08:11:50 PM »

just wait until we hit a milestone like multi systems or character development.. or economy. then you will see those stats explode.
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 08:18:36 PM »

just wait until we hit a milestone like multi systems or character development.. or economy. then you will see those stats explode.
If this happened along with more youtube video's from the players I'm sure it would.
Pages: [1] 2