Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: StarTreker - Star Trek mod on the 2500s (0.54.1a)  (Read 77119 times)

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: StarTreker - Star Trek mod on the 2500s (0.54.1a)
« Reply #135 on: February 08, 2013, 05:13:08 PM »

According to the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Technical Manual, disruptor weapons generally carry more energy than standard phaser weapons but lack in accuracy and fast discharge.
While i cant mimic-ate the lack of accuracy, i can add extra flux cost on it.

I would say let the Phaser be Beam only and the Disruptor be a bolt.
At this way the Phaser got high accuracy and the Disrupter higher Damage.
I can't understand the Phaser cannons from the Defiant anyway. If they are pulsed phaser they should still move with lightspeed and you only would see short impulse but not bolt. (compare BattleTech normal laser vs Impulselaser).

Phaser, Beam, longest range, medium damage.
Disrupter, Bolt, low-Med range, High damage.
Poleron, Bolt, Med range, low Damage, high EMP

Since you will be able to play as Klingon and Romulan, removing the beam section of the disrupters is out of question (Edit: i re-watched a few battles and saw beam disruptors being used as well), the lower range and high flux will have to do, they probably meant that because the disruptor is usually used as a cannon type (projectile), projectiles ofc are dodge-able.

The funny thing about the phaser cannon, when i rad about it, it explained the actual projectile is also made of plasma, this can explain why it doesnt move at FTL, but then again, if it did, all cannon projectiles should also be moving at a FTL or more. This is why its called Syfy i guess...

Polaron itself is actually deadly against the hull and not shields (Edit: i changed the initial idea, im planing making polaron do double dmg to shield) , the Tetryon is the one that does half dmg to shields and half EMP dmg, the mixture of the two create the main "special" weapon of the Dominion, the reason its now considered a another weapon is simple, if you consider the weapons used by the Dominion do not bypass the shields anymore, so their "Standard" weaponry is based on Polaron beams/cannons, they will still have the phased polaron beams as their "signature" weapon, im adding an effect on it like what we got on the Tachyon Lance.
Tetryon is planned for the Tholian as their standard ship weapon. Thanks for idea tho

Insert Quote
Fatal: Out of memory (1285)
Check starfarer.log for more info.

- I get this when I try to start the game with this mod and only this mod 50% of the time.
- I also received an error when I tried to target one of my own ships to see the stats on it. (I'll try to recreate the problem and get an exact error msg)
  :: it said something like: "Invalid target heavy bomber wing."

The mission script is screwing around when it tries to add the wing, if you see the fighters, dont run the mission, just click again to get a different matchup.
As for the error on out of memory, it started to happen on the 0.54.1a, one thing that worked for me was to deactivate the sound on the launcher, or when you just restarted the pc, it launches with no problem.

Im doing alot of changes so the update will come (very slowly tho)... theres lots of ideas around, the weapon flux and damage also needs to be set in a more "balanced" state, new variants needs to be added, new Ship Systems, the Tractor beam right now i got here is actually a "repulsion beam" (quite cool actually), need to change it aswell, etc etc... Its hard to work alone on a mod while trying to fit the actual movies/series into it as much as i can, i respect modder like Okim and Psiyon alot for bring up total conversions

EDIT: Heres a current state of the weapons: http://pastebin.com/eyMA4dJN - Also changed some ideas that i had for the Polaron weapons.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 03:50:29 PM by silentstormpt »

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 09, 2013, 08:48:31 AM »

Heres something for you guys:

Code
package data.scripts.plugins;

import com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.BeamAPI;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.BeamEffectPlugin;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.CombatEngineAPI;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.CombatEntityAPI;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.ShipAPI;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.util.IntervalUtil;
import org.lwjgl.util.vector.Vector2f;
import org.lazywizard.lazylib.MathUtils;

public class RepulsionBeamEffect implements BeamEffectPlugin {

private CombatEntityAPI currentArc = null;
private IntervalUtil fireInterval = new IntervalUtil(0.1f, 0.2f);

public void advance(float amount, CombatEngineAPI engine, BeamAPI beam) {

if (currentArc != null) {
if (!engine.isEntityInPlay(currentArc)) {
currentArc = null;
}//if
}//if

CombatEntityAPI target = beam.getDamageTarget();
if (target != null && target instanceof ShipAPI && (target.getShield() == null || !target.getShield().isWithinArc(beam.getTo()))) {
if (beam.getBrightness() >= 1f) {
fireInterval.advance(amount);
if (fireInterval.intervalElapsed()) {
                                                Vector2f velocity, direction;
                                                float distance;

velocity = beam.getDamageTarget().getVelocity();
                                                distance = MathUtils.getDistance(beam.getDamageTarget(), beam.getSource());
                                                // Normalized directional vector
                                                direction = MathUtils.getDirectionalVector(beam.getDamageTarget(), beam.getSource());

float mass = beam.getSource().getMass() / beam.getDamageTarget().getMass();

if(mass < 0f)
                                                    mass = 0f;

float strength = distance * mass; //(float)Math.abs((beam.getSource().getMass() - beam.getDamageTarget().getMass()));
                                                velocity.set(velocity.x + (direction.x * strength * amount), velocity.y + (direction.y * strength * amount));
                                }//if
}//if
}//if
}//advance
}//class

The beam pushing power is based on the owners mass and the targets mass, the bigger difference, the stronger it gets, this means it doesnt actually do anything if your using on a ship with bigger mass then your own.

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2013, 11:54:13 PM »

Any intentions of rebalancing ship armor to damage types?

Early game you're pretty much guaranteed a lose or 3 due to all the opposing romulan lower end ships carrying Disruptors which apparently make your shields *** themselves, and your armor plating simply vacate it's couplings.

Pelly

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 11, 2013, 01:59:43 AM »

Early game you're pretty much guaranteed a lose or 3 due to all the opposing romulan lower end ships carrying Disruptors which apparently make your shields *** themselves, and your armor plating simply vacate it's couplings.
Not if you are using a Klingon B'rel Class Warbird, you eat them for dinner (cloak plus full disruptors=fried romulans)

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 11, 2013, 09:09:27 AM »

Yes, right now, armor is there to counter asteroid ramming damage and small shuttle fire, if Damage types become changeable then i can set the % damage made to armor

The current campaign is there to:
1) have a basic system where ppl can actually play on
2) to test out possible bugs currently existing

Darkarson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 08, 2013, 03:31:03 PM »

Is this mod dead?

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 10, 2013, 05:45:46 AM »

For now it is Temporary dead.

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
    • Mykyria Scifi/Zombie writing blog (Old site)
« Reply #142 on: August 10, 2013, 06:32:22 PM »

Get some sprites up and I'll see what I can do about weapons :3

I have some ideas on how to do Phasers so they look like they're coming out of the rings on the ship, and I'd love to be trying that out.

Not to mention torpedoes with animated projectiles :3
If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes.

Darkarson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 11, 2013, 09:38:57 PM »

I was just wondering because this mod is cool! Only thing that is kinda weird is the lack of torpedo on most of the ships except the capitals, and the recharge rates on weapons are kinda weird! Anyway do you plan to continue working on this mod when 0.6 comes out?

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 12, 2013, 01:06:45 PM »

Get some sprites up and I'll see what I can do about weapons :3

I have some ideas on how to do Phasers so they look like they're coming out of the rings on the ship, and I'd love to be trying that out.

Not to mention torpedoes with animated projectiles :3

One of the main reason i stopped was the lack of ship sprites,
Second being my focus on the Star Control mod for starsector

Also there little balanced made so those weird recharge rates are to be expected  :)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 01:10:22 PM by silentstormpt »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]