Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

the first 3 positions are locked in which of these ships will fill the remaining 2 (2 votes per person)

Dram class Tanker
- 10 (13.9%)
hound class Frigate
- 5 (6.9%)
Shuttle class Transport
- 6 (8.3%)
Buffalo class Freighter
- 11 (15.3%)
Condor class Light Carrier
- 10 (13.9%)
Sunder class destroyer
- 9 (12.5%)
valkyrie class Troop Transport
- 12 (16.7%)
falcon class light crusier
- 9 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The underpowered ships mod  (Read 8228 times)

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: The underpowered ships mod
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 05:02:26 AM »

@Starlight

Well the condor is fairly cheap and easy to obtain (in my opinion anyways) but its true that it is a bit of a contraint for what its main role on the field is: a flight deck that moves, its shouldn't be slated
"Fire Support" just because it can fire ONE poor vlooey of pilums but rather "Logistical Support" dedicated to Fighter support

The only problem is that the A.I. STILL tries to fight using it wich is an outright STUPID idea if anything, a damn carrier should hide behind beefier ships like good little boy and not try to be a *** meatshield...

IT COULD be easily fixed by giving damn standing orders to the ship but then again order-issuing system at the moment is anything BUT reliable...Or smart for that matter...

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
Re: The underpowered ships mod
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2012, 11:19:16 AM »

@Starlight

Well the condor is fairly cheap and easy to obtain (in my opinion anyways) but its true that it is a bit of a contraint for what its main role on the field is: a flight deck that moves, its shouldn't be slated
"Fire Support" just because it can fire ONE poor vlooey of pilums but rather "Logistical Support" dedicated to Fighter support

The only problem is that the A.I. STILL tries to fight using it wich is an outright STUPID idea if anything, a damn carrier should hide behind beefier ships like good little boy and not try to be a *** meatshield...

IT COULD be easily fixed by giving damn standing orders to the ship but then again order-issuing system at the moment is anything BUT reliable...Or smart for that matter...
It has a decent armour and hull level, but the problem is it can't use it because it lacks the weaponry and speed to prevent a volley of harpoons from wrecking it.
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.
Pages: 1 [2]