Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57

Author Topic: Starfarer 0.53a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 368093 times)

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
Re: Starfarer 0.53a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #810 on: August 05, 2012, 04:02:56 PM »

no i ain't trolling , but .. umm... yeah, maybe i just try to use RMB :D
WHAT ?! i thought that all this invisible thing was a ship system ;P
 OK nothing to watch here, carry on ^^
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

Gaizokubanou

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 05, 2012, 05:35:41 PM »

Great patch with lot of cool stuff Alex!

But I just want to say, I think combat side of the game received enough development time for now.  Sure, it can get better with more effort put into it, but I think the game could use more meta-game related contents to put this excellent combat system in context.  Not saying that combat is perfect nor it doesn't need any tweaks, since anything can be improved... rather, I think the meta game aspect of economy/systems needs more attention now that combat has been refined far ahead of the game's overall status.

It's like we have this awesome sports car (the combat system) but just an empty parking lot (the single bare bone system we have now) to drive it around in! ;)

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 05, 2012, 05:39:03 PM »

But I just want to say, I think combat side of the game received enough development time for now.  Sure, it can get better with more effort put into it, but I think the game could use more meta-game related contents to put this excellent combat system in context.  Not saying that combat is perfect nor it doesn't need any tweaks, since anything can be improved... rather, I think the meta game aspect of economy/systems needs more attention now that combat has been refined far ahead of the game's overall status.

It's like we have this awesome sports car (the combat system) but just an empty parking lot (the single bare bone system we have now) to drive it around in! ;)

Alex said he wanted to finish the combat part before starting other things, that way there is 1 polished thing in the game instead of 2 unfinished things. And as the combat part is basically done, I would expect non combat stuff to be next. Im hoping for officers and/or character skills.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 05, 2012, 05:39:49 PM »

But I just want to say, I think combat side of the game received enough development time for now.  Sure, it can get better with more effort put into it, but I think the game could use more meta-game related contents to put this excellent combat system in context.  Not saying that combat is perfect nor it doesn't need any tweaks, since anything can be improved... rather, I think the meta game aspect of economy/systems needs more attention now that combat has been refined far ahead of the game's overall status.

Thanks for the feedback - I'm in general agreement :)

My plan is to make a few tweaks and bugfixes based on your guys' feedback and reports - without taking too long at it - and then move on to campaign stuff.

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 05, 2012, 05:40:53 PM »

But I just want to say, I think combat side of the game received enough development time for now.  Sure, it can get better with more effort put into it, but I think the game could use more meta-game related contents to put this excellent combat system in context.  Not saying that combat is perfect nor it doesn't need any tweaks, since anything can be improved... rather, I think the meta game aspect of economy/systems needs more attention now that combat has been refined far ahead of the game's overall status.

Thanks for the feedback - I'm in general agreement :)

My plan is to make a few tweaks and bugfixes based on your guys' feedback and reports - without taking too long at it - and then move on to campaign stuff.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 05:42:24 PM by Faiter119 »

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 05, 2012, 05:42:04 PM »

Well, this is the latest (as far as I know) that Alex has said about the next version

Now that 0.53's released, what're you planning for 0.54(or whatever number it will be), Alex? :P

Things and stuff. Of the campaign variety. (Yes, that's as specific as I'm going to get right now.)

At the moment, I'm waiting for something to break horribly so that I have to fix it, and hoping against all hope that it won't happen :)

The way that I understand it, he was wanting to get the combat more or less nailed down then start on the fluffy stuff of the game. That way you start with the ultrafun gory business as the world gets established. A metaphorical tribalism to metropolitan living, as it were (yeah, that probably makes no sense, I'm rambling now :P)

EDIT: ...or what Alex said right there. That's more latest than what I said

armoredcookie

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 05, 2012, 05:48:41 PM »

So Alex, can we get a hint at what's next?  ;D

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 05, 2012, 05:55:17 PM »

Things and stuff. Of the campaign variety. (Yes, that's as specific as I'm going to get right now.)
His answer. ;D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

armoredcookie

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: August 05, 2012, 06:02:38 PM »

Ahhh I see now. Things and stuff are pretty good but the other things and stuff is good as well. Thanks Soldier :)

Tyrant

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 05, 2012, 06:30:22 PM »

I'm getting an XML error whenever I try to download >_>

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
      <Error><Code>NoSuchBucket</Code><Message>The specified bucket does not exist</Message><BucketName>_.htm</BucketName><RequestId>A8E9C42F1EA14DAB</RequestId><HostId>ye+YLRW/LgMUNAYKPN182EOiGG8cAgvCIpXVdNh07YeWb8AIAk8dQxkqcwEcdErf</HostId></Error>

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 05, 2012, 06:38:03 PM »

What URL are you trying to access?

Tyrant

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 05, 2012, 07:22:47 PM »

The "Starfarer for Windows" link. Also tried the other link from the Pre-Order page, no dice

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 05, 2012, 07:37:08 PM »

I mean the actual URL - I'm thinking that perhaps the page is cached on your end so you're not getting the right link. That would explain the error.

Can you try this instead?

Tyrant

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 05, 2012, 07:45:35 PM »

Still no dice D:

his XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
      <Error><Code>NoSuchBucket</Code><Message>The specified bucket does not exist</Message><BucketName>_.htm</BucketName><RequestId>F2BD2B0A7B747F44</RequestId><HostId>75SnB7sihz2sL6M/3he9EASDv3sA93V4ujKCt0BdOTHpcyJcGqKPi1ev8hxgnVb7</HostId></Error>

http://s3.amazonaws.com/fractalsoftworks/starfarer/release/starfarer_install-0.53a-RC4.exe ^

should I clear my cache? lol

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 05, 2012, 07:56:51 PM »

Couldn't hurt - or try it in another browser. This is very odd... Amazon S3 (which is where the file is being hosted) may be having some sort of hiccup, I suppose. If I may ask, where are you located?
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57