Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 57

Author Topic: Starfarer 0.53a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 368052 times)

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
Re: Starfarer 0.53a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #795 on: August 04, 2012, 10:40:43 AM »

So, what's the next patch going to be?  0.54a?  .6a?  I wanna know so I can determine how much is going ot be added. ;D
The next patch is most probably going to be a 0.53.1a, then we'll see a patch to .6A! YAAY
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Valiant19

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: August 04, 2012, 02:08:04 PM »

So, what's the next patch going to be?  0.54a?  .6a?  I wanna know so I can determine how much is going ot be added. ;D
The next patch is most probably going to be a 0.53.1a, then we'll see a patch to .6A! YAAY

Yeah, I imagine it'll be .6a, since Alex'll be adding something pertaining to the campaign.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: August 04, 2012, 02:40:20 PM »

xanderh

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: August 04, 2012, 05:13:53 PM »

I absolutely love the phase skimmer on the medusa. It's a killer now, even more so than before. I managed to take out one of the pirate fleets with a venture, using only two medusas. I countered their flanking attempt, only because of the phase skimmer. And it kept me alive against the freighters, as I took them down one by one, while my wingman kept the venture busy. I used the same strategy on the venture, skimming inside range to fire at him, and backing out again when my flux level was filling. It's awesome.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: August 04, 2012, 07:15:30 PM »

Yeah I really think skimming is my favorite system. (though I haven't actually played with teleport, yet, haha).

Burn drive is pretty awesome though. Love drive-bying medusae that are trying to escape by skimming.  :)
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: August 04, 2012, 08:17:12 PM »

i do recall Alex either making a post, a blog, or a thread about how he was going to do the patch versions.. im leaning towards a blog.. but sufice it to say if i remember correctly and i believe i do.. then he is going to go on with .53a>.54a>.55a>.56a etc.

here i did you guys a favor and tracked it down for you.. it was in a blog a while back

First off – let’s talk about version numbers. The previous release was technically a “preview” of the 0.5a build “proper”, whatever that means. That was until I started thinking about how to version this “bugfixes & improvements” release, which still wouldn’t have all the features slated for 0.5a. 0.5a2? 0.5a-preview2?

I’ve had to sit through a few meetings with people arguing about version numbers at my various former jobs (seems like everyone doesn’t want to waste time with it, but also can’t stand doing it any way but theirs), and I don’t want to be that guy, especially not to myself. Down with the version number sophistry! This release will be known henceforth as 0.51a, and the next one will be… wait for it… 0.52a. I’ll just have to avoid specifying a version number when talking about planned feature sets, as I did with version 0.5a.

I’m sure everyone is quite sick of talking about version numbers by now (see what I mean? I didn’t want to waste time on this, and look what happened!), so let’s dive into what’s new in this version.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 08:20:24 PM by arwan »
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

Griffinhart

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: August 05, 2012, 05:46:37 AM »

The next release is going to be v1.3, and won't be out until Q2 2013.

Source: my prophetic fever dreams.

-- Griffinhart

"Rrha ki ra tek wim tes yor
en weel waath dius manaf, Yat!
"

DJ Die

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: August 05, 2012, 07:47:21 AM »

whatever is next patch going to be....i for one cant wait.... too bad my damned HDD drive died and i cant even try the 0.53...how is it?

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: August 05, 2012, 07:47:54 AM »

whatever is next patch going to be....i for one cant wait.... too bad my damned HDD drive died and i cant even try the 0.53...how is it?
It's...
wonderful...
like nothing you can imagine
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

DJ Die

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: August 05, 2012, 07:55:59 AM »

It's...
wonderful...
like nothing you can imagine
oh i have pretty wild imagination ;)

Tarran

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: August 05, 2012, 10:47:24 AM »

It's a pretty good combat overhaul. And there's without a doubt some subtle and not-so-subtle balance issues scattered about as a result. And the AI doesn't handle the systems perfectly. But still, very good regardless.

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 05, 2012, 02:54:52 PM »

well i dunno if this is right , but my phase criuser ...well... its stop phaseing, ok ok hes got fast missile relise  or something like that
 ::)
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

Tarran

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: August 05, 2012, 03:13:07 PM »

What? What's the question?

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: August 05, 2012, 03:24:33 PM »

well i dunno if this is right , but my phase criuser ...well... its stop phaseing, ok ok hes got fast missile relise  or something like that
 ::)

What?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: August 05, 2012, 03:32:38 PM »

Phase is the shield button.  A ship system is totally different.  Sometimes I think you're trolling us all. :shrug:
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 57