Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 57

Author Topic: Starfarer 0.53a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 368107 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starfarer 0.53a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #750 on: August 02, 2012, 08:01:51 PM »

Good to know - I'll note that down and take a look tomorrow.

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 03, 2012, 12:37:01 AM »

Alex! We need grappling weapon! Imagine like some pirates grapple enemy ship with titanium chains, then use insertion to collide it with other enemy ships or make it impossible to escape from the ship which grappled it!  It will look just awesome and unique! (Yeah I know Sots was first space game to utilize them, but there are lots of 15th century era setting games with naval battles where they are used).

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers
Independent Defense Force is here! And they already in Sector Xplo.

Tarran

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 03, 2012, 01:11:28 AM »

Does anyone have any good tips for the Ambush mission? It just seems too hard: The fighters can just continually harass you and return to their carriers. The Enforcer is nigh unbeatable by even the Doom unless the Doom spends a majority of it's slots on and fires buttloads of missiles, or the Afflictor fires 12 Albatross missiles and an Antimatter all at once point blank. The Condor and Buffalo fire so many Pilums. The frigates prevent your frigates from making any moves. And the AI for the Phase ships does not know how to handle phasing. I'm completely stumped as to how to beat the mission.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 03, 2012, 01:14:08 AM »

Does anyone have any good tips for the Ambush mission? It just seems too hard: The fighters can just continually harass you and return to their carriers. The Enforcer is nigh unbeatable by even the Doom unless the Doom spends a majority of it's slots on and fires buttloads of missiles, or the Afflictor fires 12 Albatross missiles and an Antimatter all at once point blank. The Condor and Buffalo fire so many Pilums. The frigates prevent your frigates from making any moves. And the AI for the Phase ships does not know how to handle phasing. I'm completely stumped as to how to beat the mission.

I beat it controlling the doom, leaving the 2 frigates fighting free, and focusing ALL my efforts trying to kill fighters fast (then moving onto lashers etc).

Tarran

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 03, 2012, 01:38:20 AM »

Hah, that worked! I lost both frigates and completely ran dry my missile supply but it worked. Thanks. It's just a shame that I had to sacrifice those frigates.

neonesis

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 03, 2012, 03:53:54 AM »

I edited my post about Doom, because well, I felt it was kind of far from truth.

Anyway, there's still this problem of usefulness - 20 FP, 60 thousand credits gives you... well, not what I expected at least.

Also, when I said "not fun too play" I meant exactly, and specifically Doom. I enjoy phasing with frigates, they are fine :>

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 03, 2012, 03:56:36 AM »

The doom does 125 for speed. It moves fantastically and has a rather interesting weapon setup. I'm interested, to say the least
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 03, 2012, 05:44:40 AM »

I apparently can't read -_-'

Oh, and when will we see (if ever) your ship editor that you use, alex? Provided you'll ever release it, that is ;)

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 03, 2012, 05:54:54 AM »

Wasnt the Sensor Drones supposed to have Ion Cannons? Sadface, they dont.

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 03, 2012, 06:23:57 AM »

I apparently can't read -_-'

Oh, and when will we see (if ever) your ship editor that you use, alex? Provided you'll ever release it, that is ;)

Alex has previously expressed a desire to release this, but I think the truth of it is that with Redbull's/Trylobot's excellent editors it takes some of the heat off him actually spending any time sanitising it and releasing it to the general public.

I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't even on his 'to-do' list anymore ...

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Skyjump

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 03, 2012, 06:50:48 AM »

So for those of us with norton, can anyone who has gotten past this help out? is there a way to disable to the norton for a while to let it go through? Thank you

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 03, 2012, 07:06:26 AM »

So for those of us with norton, can anyone who has gotten past this help out? is there a way to disable to the norton for a while to let it go through? Thank you

Uninstall it, then install Avast! instead.

Mattk50

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: August 03, 2012, 07:19:11 AM »

First of all, the solution is not to use norton at all because 1. it doesnt protect you from anything 2. it slows down your computer far more than is reasonable and 3. norton is (was) scareware.

I'd tell you to uninstall it but thats nearly impossible. The day norton lets you uninstall it is the day the hegemony fields hyperions.

Amazigh

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 03, 2012, 07:22:38 AM »

Open the main norton control panel, click on Tasks, Check security History, find the action where it removed the Starfarer installer, click the More Details button, there should be a restore file button [or something like that] somewhere in the popup, and hey presto you've gotten around Nortons silliness!

I also noticed this, slightly disappointing when I was expecting them to help me out but they just sat there.

Temjin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 03, 2012, 07:27:54 AM »

I also noticed this, slightly disappointing when I was expecting them to help me out but they just sat there.
[/quote]

It's okay, the Apogee doesn't really need more firepower, haha. It's already getting more range from those drones.

I haven't heard any whining about the Tachyon Lance yet. I haven't had a chance to play the new patch, but something tells me the Lance is going to be in a much better place.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 57