Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 57

Author Topic: Starfarer 0.53a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 368104 times)

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
Re: Starfarer 0.53a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #720 on: August 02, 2012, 02:47:06 PM »

Now there's only one thing I'd like to say and ask right now.
Does the shade's emp ship system deal less emp damage than the omen's?
Also, the ai for phase ships should really run away if they are getting close to max flux. They aren't overly aware it seems. But... holy. This owns
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #721 on: August 02, 2012, 02:49:04 PM »

Yay! A release!

Won't be modding it quite yet though because I don't have access to my workstation but will mess around on it on my other computers that I do happen to have access to at this time.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 02, 2012, 02:55:55 PM »

So, since the release candidate is apparently working well, is there any chance for some last-minute additions to the patch notes? I'm sure the people who don't frequent the modding section would love to know about that new shield-adding hullmod :P

I'll do one better - update the patch notes and release the new version :)
Alex, did I ever mention that I loved you?

Tarran

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 02, 2012, 02:56:15 PM »

Yay, new release!

Time to test out how much firepower the Hammerhead can lay down. And see how many bugs can screw me over. :)

Edit: Immediately noticeable problem I found in the simulator: AI uses Burn Drive a little too much. In a hammerhead, I just stayed in front of a Dominator and backed off, waiting for it to hit it's burn drive. Then, I just moved to the side, all while pounding the AI's now exposed front with Maulers, taking little damage myself. The Dominator was often too slow to face me after it stopped using it's Burn Drive before I got out of range.

Suggestion: AI will only use burn drive when the enemy is in a bad shape (flux and/or armor wise) and the enemy has roughly the same or less speed and/or maneuverability. Or when the enemy's back is turned.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 03:58:48 PM by Tarran »

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 02, 2012, 04:03:07 PM »

just a forewarning for those of us that use Norton anti virus.

the installer is seen as a medium threat. and it will automatically remove it from your system when you download it.. so just be ready for that.
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 02, 2012, 04:05:49 PM »

• Adjusted missile panic fire to occur earlier for shieldless (and cloakless) ships. Mostly affects the Buffalo Mk.2 - it's more likely to get rid of all its missiles before exploding.
Yeah... that just caught me. Nothing like fighting a Close Support Lasher, getting really close to killing it, then eating five harpoons.

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 02, 2012, 04:13:02 PM »

• Adjusted missile panic fire to occur earlier for shieldless (and cloakless) ships. Mostly affects the Buffalo Mk.2 - it's more likely to get rid of all its missiles before exploding.
Yeah... that just caught me. Nothing like fighting a Close Support Lasher, getting really close to killing it, then eating five harpoons.

the SFX of the dog laughing at you in Duck Hunt from NES comes to mind.
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 02, 2012, 04:15:11 PM »

ah, so that's why there's a Salamader spam whenever I face a laser or a buffalo.  Even worse with both in Campaign. ;D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 02, 2012, 04:20:03 PM »

Aside from the fact that a laser is a weapon, there's nothing wrong with your sentence.

:P

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 02, 2012, 04:28:47 PM »

just a forewarning for those of us that use Norton anti virus.

the installer is seen as a medium threat. and it will automatically remove it from your system when you download it.. so just be ready for that.

If those of you who use norton and run into the issue could use this to report the problem to them, I'd really appreciate it.

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 02, 2012, 05:00:10 PM »

• Toned down ship explosion whiteout, fixed case where it would stay washed out for too long
Toned down? Are you sure? Because every Buffalo MKII I've killed since the update has lit up my monitor like a Christmas tree.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 02, 2012, 05:01:45 PM »

• Toned down ship explosion whiteout, fixed case where it would stay washed out for too long
Toned down? Are you sure? Because every Buffalo MKII I've killed since the update has lit up my monitor like a Christmas tree.
Same here.  Really white for about half a second, then goes out quickly.  Did you happen to reduce the time for it to go away or did you reduce the glare from it?
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 02, 2012, 05:04:46 PM »

That was just a fix for the case where if a few explosions happen at about the same time, it'd stay white for 10+ seconds.

Tarran

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 02, 2012, 05:19:43 PM »

Alex, I think the AI for Phase ships might have some problems. I saw a Doom overload itself by phasing when all that was coming at it was a periodic Pilum wave. There was absolutely nothing else around it. It had more than enough PD to defend itself from a single Pilum launcher. And I'm not even sure if the missiles were even targeting the Doom. Yet it overloaded itself.

And Ambush seems really hard for medium difficulty due to all the fighters. Is there some trick to it that I'm missing?

Also, just in case you missed my edit:
Edit: Immediately noticeable problem I found in the simulator: AI uses Burn Drive a little too much. In a hammerhead, I just stayed in front of a Dominator and backed off, waiting for it to hit it's burn drive. Then, I just moved to the side, all while pounding the AI's now exposed front with Maulers, taking little damage myself. The Dominator was often too slow to face me after it stopped using it's Burn Drive before I got out of range.

Suggestion: AI will only use burn drive when the enemy is in a bad shape (flux and/or armor wise) and the enemy has roughly the same or less speed and/or maneuverability. Or when the enemy's back is turned.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 05:22:53 PM by Tarran »

Namelessjake

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 02, 2012, 05:38:17 PM »

Time to build a fleet of teleporting and phase ships and mess with people.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 57