Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57

Author Topic: Starfarer 0.53a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 368118 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starfarer 0.53a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #645 on: July 28, 2012, 08:59:05 AM »

Doom, Shade, and Afflictor.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 28, 2012, 09:10:32 AM »

I have to ask - will phase weapons ever be able to hit phase ships? Or can we modders make custom weapons that hit them? That'd be cool :D

And as for phase flux buildup, is it possible to limit the flux generated? :D

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 28, 2012, 09:17:42 AM »

I have to ask - will phase weapons ever be able to hit phase ships? Or can we modders make custom weapons that hit them? That'd be cool :D

Phase weapons? What's that? (Before you interpret this as a literal question: What I'm saying is anti-phase weapons, as a class, don't exist in the game.)

And as for phase flux buildup, is it possible to limit the flux generated? :D

Yes, that's configurable per ship.

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 28, 2012, 09:52:27 AM »

Ah Shade it was, not Spectre... But Spectre is an awesome name...

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 28, 2012, 10:12:53 AM »

Aww dammit, now I have to change the name of one of my fighter types :P
Though truth be told, it didn't make much sense for it, so it's probably a good thing

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: July 28, 2012, 12:59:15 PM »

Phase weapons? What's that? (Before you interpret this as a literal question: What I'm saying is anti-phase weapons, as a class, don't exist in the game.)

Well, that's the purple weapons in the game, like the phase beam. But what i meant to ask was if there was way to make anti-phase ship weapons? :D

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 28, 2012, 02:56:07 PM »

Coooooooooooooooool.  :D
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

Tarran

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 28, 2012, 03:49:32 PM »

The only name I have a problem with is Doom. For some reason I just can't take that name seriously.

Mattk50

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 28, 2012, 05:03:22 PM »

Im not much of a fan of the name either. What about wraith?

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 28, 2012, 05:14:19 PM »

So if you are fighting a Phase Cruiser with a frigate. you can just park on top of it and there is nothing it can do? It will just overload and you are free to attack it?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 28, 2012, 05:19:25 PM »

Well, hmm.  Seems like a good idea, but it will probably bounce out of the frigate before that happens.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #656 on: July 28, 2012, 06:12:56 PM »

Well, that's the purple weapons in the game, like the phase beam. But what i meant to ask was if there was way to make anti-phase ship weapons? :D
They are being renamed & re-purposed to be normal weapons.

I doubt it unless Alex is pestered enough to code in that functionality, since he had already decided to not implemented in mainline.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 28, 2012, 08:40:38 PM »

They are being renamed & re-purposed to be normal weapons.

I doubt it unless Alex is pestered enough to code in that functionality, since he had already decided to not implemented in mainline.

I doubt that pestering would induce me to implement something that requires significant engine and AI changes to work properly :)

So if you are fighting a Phase Cruiser with a frigate. you can just park on top of it and there is nothing it can do? It will just overload and you are free to attack it?
Well, hmm.  Seems like a good idea, but it will probably bounce out of the frigate before that happens.

Yes, that - there's a constant force acting to push away the smaller ship in this case. You might force an overload by a well-timed fly-by, but you won't (or at least, shouldn't!) be able to just stay on top of a larger ship while it's phased.

The only name I have a problem with is Doom. For some reason I just can't take that name seriously.
Im not much of a fan of the name either. What about wraith?

Ah, you know, I felt a little odd about it for a bit but got used to it. It does convey the intent of the ship's design, considering it's got extremely scary forward-facing armaments.

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 28, 2012, 10:04:56 PM »

.... must.... see.... DOOM ship. forward facing extreme weapons

im already fantasizing about them.

like this

or like this

Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

Strifen

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 28, 2012, 10:25:04 PM »

Well, hmm.  Seems like a good idea, but it will probably bounce out of the frigate before that happens.

Yes, that - there's a constant force acting to push away the smaller ship in this case. You might force an overload by a well-timed fly-by, but you won't (or at least, shouldn't!) be able to just stay on top of a larger ship while it's phased.
Can't wait to see how the force mechanic is affected by mass, or how a modded small, tough shielded rammer ship with lots-of-mass tries it...

Also, it seems modding in a ship with 0 shield efficiency and 3 shield upkeep [which I call AEGIS due to not finding it/a name in the forum] would result in a ship that plays similarly to the proposed phase ship, so others could try that if they want to possibly get a handle on how phase ships may feel.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 10:40:15 PM by Strifen »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57