Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hardcore mode  (Read 8140 times)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Hardcore mode
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2012, 05:45:34 AM »

New Hardcore suggestion?  Aiming is done with the arrow keys (instead of the mouse) and a target is marked depending on what ship is within the crosshairs of the weapons you are aiming (can be at any distance, long as it is visible).  The only time you use your mouse is to give out orders on the tactical map.  Campaign screen moving is also done with the WASD keys. ;D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2012, 05:49:31 AM »

What's there to stop me exiting and then just coming back in?
I think you missed the point. It always saves the game when you quit to Main Menu. If something bad happens, you can't reload the old save, you can only quit and save again.

This is of course circumvented by Alt-F4 but I've never understood why people feel the need to cheat themselves rather than just using cheats. Weird folk.

Hopelessnoob

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2012, 12:35:25 PM »

This is a terrible idea for an entire game mode. Maybe a self imposed challenge for you to try but a game mode....just silly.

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2012, 12:55:40 PM »

This is a terrible idea for an entire game mode. Maybe a self imposed challenge for you to try but a game mode....just silly.
Not at all. Mount & Blade had this system and it worked great. At the character creation screen it would ask you if you wanted to be able to leave without saving, or auto-save when you left. I used the "hardcore" mode exclusively because 1) I hate save-scumming and 2) it auto-saved every time you did something.

Hopelessnoob

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2012, 04:10:49 PM »

No i mean the Ops suggestion not the save on exit only. thats fine.
Pages: 1 [2]