Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Starlight's Starships, v0.9.7.1 (Faction Standings, HullMods, minor fixes.)  (Read 71162 times)

Starlight

• Commander
  • Vulpes Ex Machina
    • View Profile
Re: Starlight's Starships, v0.9.7.1 (Faction Standings, HullMods, minor fixes.)
« Reply #105 on: December 09, 2012, 08:28:42 PM »

Does this mod change ship controls?

I ask because when I have the mod loaded, the ship movement controls have changed. Turn strafes, strafe strafes, and the 'shift to face' function no longer auto-faces where you have pointed. Instead, it's the only way to turn. My settings look unchanged, and if I don't load the mod the controls work fine. Any ideas what's up?

Huh, honestly none I'm afraid.  I haven't touched anything to do with the movement controls and it isn't doing that on my copy.  Which I've just rechecked.

What other mods are you using, if any?  I've tested this version with Uomoz Corvus and nothing else so far.
Starlight; Vulpine Space-Adventurer.  Fond of lasers.

Flunky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 09, 2012, 09:20:44 PM »

Huh, honestly none I'm afraid.  I haven't touched anything to do with the movement controls and it isn't doing that on my copy.  Which I've just rechecked.

What other mods are you using, if any?  I've tested this version with Uomoz Corvus and nothing else so far.

Huh. I was initially using it with Corvus and Vanilla+ (more variants of vanilla ships). After reading this, I tried it alone-- no control problems. Then I tried with this and Corvus-- no problems. Then the all three again-- no control problems. So... I can't repro anymore.

Well, I'm stumped, but at least it doesn't seem to be a problem any longer. Maybe the game loaded wrong or something? Thanks for looking into it, apologies for taking your time.

Starlight

• Commander
  • Vulpes Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2012, 06:00:21 AM »

I think this is just one of those cases where you throw up your hands, shrug and go, "Well, it IS written in Java," like when the game fails to load altogether and then works fine on the second attempt.  I love Java as a concept, as a reality it can be a little chaotic from time to time. 

Anyways, thank you for taking the time to report a potential problem  We didn't actually find one (I've been unable to reproduce the effect or determine a possible cause myself.) but I'm still grateful you took the time. z: )
Starlight; Vulpine Space-Adventurer.  Fond of lasers.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]