Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Starlight's Starships, v0.9.7.1 (Faction Standings, HullMods, minor fixes.)  (Read 71013 times)

Starlight

• Commander
  • Vulpes Ex Machina
    • View Profile

Current Fleet:

Download:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/82949984/Starlight%27s%20Ships.rar

Features:

2 new factions
Campaign Integrated
Vanilla Balanced (input welcome)
8 new missions
16 new ships (and growing)
14 new types of wing (growing and including Corvettes)
26 new weapons (and more to come.)
Original Sound Effects
Original Weapon FX Graphics

I've temporarily dropped everything else to make this, I'm having a lot of fun with it.  This game is a lot of fun when you love starships and I love starships.  I started off making and modifying ships for my own pleasure, but then I was persuaded to share when I was asking for help setting up a station (I was sick of having to modify saves to fly my custom ships, I wanted to just buy them.).  

I'm trying to keep things balanced and sufficiently well meshed with the game's look and lore (again, input welcome) both in terms of content and the fluff surrounding it.  There seems to be a lot left to learn, though.  I'm trying wherever possible to add to the game's base content and work with the existing balance, trying not to reinvent the wheel.  All input/suggestions are particularly welcome here.

I'm making new ships and tinkering all the time, so I'll keep this topic up to date now and then.  ^.^

I'm particularly looking forwards to any and all new developments by Starfarer's makers and will be attempting to keep this mod as up to date as possible.  

Backstory:

Starlight was once himself a Starfarer until a chance discovery in a nearly-empty region of space.  Hidden amidst a cloud of extrasolar debris he found a mostly-destroyed, long-derelect factory ark of unknown origin.  He has since settled down to set up a shipyard amidst an asteroid belt to begin a profitable business producing modernised adaptations of the ancient, unused Starship designs he uncovered, along with the occasional bespoke starship to order.  

Starlight has refused affiliation with any of the great powers of space, but has several minor allies and a good amount of his own primary product.  Bearing a great dislike of slavers and pirates some have accused Starlight of running his own paramilitary, whilst he would say that his business was simply 'diverse.'

Introducing the Jade Claw Cartel!  

This mysterious organisation appeared from no-where to spread insidiously about the dark corners of the sector.  It's leadership is unknown but it seems intent upon warring constantly with Starlight's Shipyards in particular.  Utilising bought vessels, captured vessels manufactured by Starlight and a number of its own apparent designs not seen in any known history files, prompting suspicion that the Cartel may be more then a merely vicious and pervasive pirating and smuggling ring.  

Future Plans:

Extremely rough plans ahoy;

* 1 Make more family of weapons.  
* Fine tune current factions.
* Make some more ships for Independants.  
* Remove the incongruous 'comission' vessels from the Starlight faction and distribute to Independants.
* Make some missions, particularly some randomised scenarios.  

...around about here will be version 1.  

* In future, I'll probably consider further factions / extra stuff.
* See if anyone's interested in popping this into a compilation.  

Other Mod Comtaibility:

Here's the ones I've tested thoroughly, though I've generally not had many problems.
Compaitible:
Uomoz Corvus 16.5: Power Blocks (and associated individual mods.)
Incompatible:
None known!  Since integrating with Uomoz, ASP Technologies seems to work just fine!  Happiness and joy!

Mod Version Save Compaitibility:

When I post updates to this forum, I make sure that you should be able to just delete the old Starlight's Ships folder and replace it with the up-to-date version.  Nothing should break with existing save games and whilst the contents of stations wont immediately change, new ships and weapons should appear in faction fleets and should be delivered to stations via supply convoys.  

This should work every time unless you're upgrading from a version of the mod from before a break.  This means I've had to change some ship or weapon _id's or somthing of that nature.  This might be to prevent a conflict with an update to the base game or with a popular mod (particularly one I use myself.)

The only other exception is when content is added that will not break existing save games, but where the new content is not going to appear unless a new game is started, such as when the Jade Claw Cartel was added.  I'll note this with addition.

^
break - some ship files changed.
^
0.9.5.5.1 - addition
^
break - updated for new Starfarer version.
break - updated for new Starfarer version.
^
[current version]

Current Starfarer Version Compatibility:

54a
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 07:20:29 AM by Starlight »
Starlight; Vulpine Space-Adventurer.  Fond of lasers.

Starlight

• Commander
  • Vulpes Ex Machina
    • View Profile
Re: Starlight's Starships, v0.1
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 12:28:17 PM »

Thought it might be an idea to throw in a picture of the current ships as well:

Aratoop

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 12:31:05 PM »

Shouldn't this be in the modding section?
The community's response to a change is inversely proportional to its importance.

What do you call a dog who's a magician? A labracadabra

Starlight

• Commander
  • Vulpes Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 12:32:58 PM »

Erm... it... is?  z: )

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 12:41:08 PM »

Erm... it... is?  z: )

Yes it is. What are you talking about?

Starlight

• Commander
  • Vulpes Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 02:49:02 PM »

Update;  I think I've got the resupply convoy working.  Let's hope so.  Being able to regularly buy my own ships without modding saves was kind of the whole reason I did this.  z: j

Starlight

• Commander
  • Vulpes Ex Machina
    • View Profile
Re: Starlight's Starships, v0.2
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 10:01:23 PM »

So, I've tweaked rather a lot of balancing issues, tidied up a few ship's graphics and fittings, the station resupply is working a lot better and I've added a Cruiser-sized light carrier / transport logistical vessel with long range fire support capabilities.  It's rather expensive, but then it's meant to keep its cargo intact. 

Link:

Updated lineup:

Starlight

• Commander
  • Vulpes Ex Machina
    • View Profile
Re: Starlight's Starships, v0.2
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 07:12:01 AM »

A small update.  Added desciptions to the various starships and fighters for a bit of fluff.

Starlight

• Commander
  • Vulpes Ex Machina
    • View Profile
Re: Starlight's Starships, v0.275
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 01:56:50 PM »

Slight update, changed the name of the Albatross Carrier to the Seagull so as not to conflict with the new Albatross in Keptin's Interstellar Federation mod and changed the Waspe Interceptor to the Sparrow Interceptor, since adding an e on the end of Wasp because I forgot there was already a Wasp was in fact lazy and rubbish.  Fixed. z: )

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 03:09:51 PM »

Wow! That thing on the right reminds me of an Acclamator!

Nice job.

Starlight

• Commander
  • Vulpes Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 04:49:18 AM »

Huh, it DOES look like an Acclamator.  (...and now I'm trying to rememeber what they did in SW:Empire at War, which I suspect was die.)

Cheers. z: )

Starlight

• Commander
  • Vulpes Ex Machina
    • View Profile
Re: Starlight's Starships, v0.3
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 03:51:02 PM »

Presenting the Griffin and the Penetrator.  Starlight's private force of reconstituted lost technology is joined by its large combat ships at last.  

Also: A bunch of adjustments, a recolour of the Seagull and a reformatting of the first post.  

Quite pleased with how these two turned out.  I'm getting used to doing pixel-art via GIMP.  I've also done my best to balance everything, but things will probably need further tweaking in time.  

Edit: Slight typo in the price of the Penetrator.  The price has been reduced by a power of ten. z: )
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 05:30:25 PM by Starlight »

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 06:07:01 AM »

Black ship look like Darth Vader helmet  :D
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 06:13:26 AM »

Black ship look like Darth Vader helmet  :D

Lol, yeah!  Or an Acclamator! :)

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 06:29:11 AM »

The triangles is like eyes and gray line between them is like nose thingy  :D  Darth Helmet 100%
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8