Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Welcome to the Forum  (Read 78996 times)

dogboy123

• Captain
  • Boron military barracuda
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the Forum
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2013, 11:58:15 PM »

Dog here, I prefer to be called Arcilean Ducai, or Lawls. I figured out about Starfar...sector, from GamersDissent. Yeah I like no I LOVE space games, and 2D indie games and also I have a Youtube channel where I post crappy Gmod videos, and in the future maybe some Cortex Command or Starsector. I play games on a rather old Macbook (deal wit it 8)) running Windows 7 dual booted
 (multiple personalities??). I dislike military sim Fps's very much, and I really hate pie... also I don't like bronys (get dem horses away from meh pony boi!). And also I think Starsector needs more free crabs :D. Did I mention I really love space games??. Also I'm buying the parts to build a badarse gaming PC. :P
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 12:02:44 AM by dogboy123 »
"I'm expecting an all-out tactical dogfight... followed by a light dinner.

sdmike1

• Admiral
  • Dyslexics of the world, untie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2013, 08:14:29 AM »

What did i just read ???

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2013, 01:50:19 PM »

That the Internet hasn't completely devolved into dialogue like this is a testament to the indomitable human spirit.  ;)

Hi Dog! Glad to have another enthusiastic new recruit.
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2013, 02:11:00 PM »

Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Psycho Society

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2013, 08:45:15 PM »

Dude's into crabs, nothing wrong with that. As for pie, well...

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2013, 09:10:16 PM »

Keep the fun in "Discussions" please. This is for introductions. We don't want fun here. Introductions are serious business. No fun!
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
  • O' Hear My Name and Tremble! Ug Ug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2013, 10:39:18 PM »

Urm, Hi!

I'm Hyph_k31, also known as Hyphillion or Hyph. I said hi a long while back, but it quickly dissolved into a forum war...

I discovered Starsector (haha! I can get the name right the FIRST time!) because of total halibuts second video on the game. I like space in general, and I enjoy shooting things with REALLY big guns, and so Starsector is nigh on perfect for me. :)

As dog said before me, I do not like the IDEA of a broney but I have nothing against the bronies themselves.

I also don't like bad grammar, and typos are the bane of my existence.

"GEDUNE, stop venting in front of your classmates!"

ArkAngel

• Captain
  • The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2013, 05:05:53 AM »

Yuo maen tpyos leke dis? ;D
 Oh and hi! I learned of starsector from totalbiscuit as well.
I am that guy walking on the sidewalk that you wave to even though you don't know me, and I wave back. Don't be afraid to say hi :P
"Yes... Yes I -am- sending you, alone, unarmed, against the might of the Hegemony defense fleet.  Not to worry - watching how they obliterate your puny frigate will be most... enlightening.  I shall dissect their tactics and emerge victorious!  Any questions? Then get to your ship, you launch in 5."

Rhenthyl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2013, 04:33:19 PM »

Holas, i bought the game way back when TB did his first vid, but only recently got around to actually installing and playing :D

I loved the ideas behind the game so had no problem giving my money to an alpha, which i almost never do (burnt to many times!!). Looking forward to finally getting my teeth into the game, played it for a half hour earlier and found it frustratingly hard, which was awesome!! Sick of all these point and click space shooters we've had. Between SPAZ and this i may just have all my space games filled for a while!!

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2013, 05:19:17 PM »

Welcome Rhenthyl!

Finally someone is posting here who's really new^^

The tutorial and the missions are a good way to get into the game. There's also a 50% damage option (in Options), in case it should become too frustrating. The campaign will get easier as you're progressing (balancing is not final).

If you've got questions ask away (for example here ) or have a look into the manual in my signature.

Have fun :)

Rhenthyl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2013, 07:59:27 PM »

Welcome Rhenthyl!

Finally someone is posting here who's really new^^

The tutorial and the missions are a good way to get into the game. There's also a 50% damage option (in Options), in case it should become too frustrating. The campaign will get easier as you're progressing (balancing is not final).

If you've got questions ask away (for example here ) or have a look into the manual in my signature.

Have fun :)

The tutorial makes it look easy, but i have to say the campaign really needs some tweaking on the balance side of things. In the past few hours i've restarted the game so many times i've lost count >.< I get i'm supposed to just fly around and grind on rats, but it's hard to do that when the rat fleets are huge compared to me. It gets just frustrating and stops being fun after a while. Maybe it balances out later on, but it's no good if you can't get there :D

I'll keep trying though

ArkAngel

• Captain
  • The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2013, 08:22:01 PM »

I would advise starting with either a lasher or wolf, and attacking single buffalo fleets or single hound/lasher fleets. It might be a good idea to make sure your on 50% damage taken at least till you get the hang of it.
"Yes... Yes I -am- sending you, alone, unarmed, against the might of the Hegemony defense fleet.  Not to worry - watching how they obliterate your puny frigate will be most... enlightening.  I shall dissect their tactics and emerge victorious!  Any questions? Then get to your ship, you launch in 5."

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2013, 08:48:44 PM »

Also, don't forget that you can save (F5) and load (F9) if you are not in iron mode. Somehow many people don't seem to think of that.

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2013, 02:07:35 AM »

Also dont forget that there are certain channels out there that post Lets plays :) Having a look at those would be smart if you want to see how people usually start their games. *Hinthint*

robokil

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2013, 08:56:29 AM »

I dont know where to put this but how do you delete an acount I need this email adress.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 09:15:00 AM by robokil »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7