Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Welcome to the Forum  (Read 79008 times)

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the Forum
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2013, 09:45:24 AM »

I dont know where to put this but how do you delete an acount I need this email adress.

Hi robokil,

if you want to change you email address you can do that under PROFILE -> Modify Profile -> Account Related Settings -> Email. If you want your account deleted for some other reason send a me a PM.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Rhenthyl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2013, 05:11:22 PM »

Also dont forget that there are certain channels out there that post Lets plays :) Having a look at those would be smart if you want to see how people usually start their games. *Hinthint*

I've watched a few Lets Plays, but for the most part they all have the same problem, yours included. the stuff is scattered all over the place, so it's a pain in the rear trying to go from vid ti vid in order. For what ever reason they (and you) don't make use of playlists, so far only Axiege seems to do it.

dogboy123

• Captain
  • Boron military barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2013, 06:39:08 PM »

Wait... sorry for this post being on a completely different page than my last, but you guys didn't get the free crabs inside joke from Cortex Command? :'(
"I'm expecting an all-out tactical dogfight... followed by a light dinner.

Rhenthyl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2013, 10:27:08 PM »

i've never played it so nope didnt get it :D

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2013, 10:39:40 PM »

Ok, enough off topic now. There are already distinct threads for all that.

Let's keep this a neat first place to go for new members.

The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

flashydragon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2013, 07:10:25 AM »

Hi everyone! StarSector, easy to install, really, really hard to capture anything :(.

Glad you dropped by! Please make yourself at home and say hi in the General Discussion area.

Do i have to?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2013, 02:58:33 PM »

Do i have to?

Them's the rules.

(On the off chance you weren't joking: no, you don't have to :))

Also, hi!

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2013, 04:53:07 PM »

New guy!

C'mere and gimme a hug!

P.S.
Out of curiousity, how big are images allowed to go? Spoilers if beyond a certain size? Or just use resizing like the above ^^^^?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2013, 05:26:56 PM »

The idea is to keep threads readable, and excessive use of unspoilered images hurts that. So, if you're not sure, it's probably better to spoiler it. If it's a meme, it's probably better to spoiler it too - for every person amused, there are probably people distracted/annoyed by it.

This is getting horribly off-topic, but on the subject of spoilering high-res screenshots - it doesn't work very well unless they're resized. What I find works best is to have the resized image be a link - that way it can be seen at a glance in a reasonably-sized window without those fiddly horizontal scrollbars, and it can be clicked on for a full-size version.

Like so:
Spoiler

click image for full-size version
[close]

Sladix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2013, 02:21:49 AM »

YeeeeaaaaaahHi everyone !

I'm Sladix, 23 French guy ! I just bought the game yesterday after discovering it the day before. I'm glad to be here and I really wish you the best for your amazing game !

I've not played enough to get used to maneuver properly and get all the game's depth but I'll be happy to provide feedback and maybe try to mod a bit !

flashydragon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2013, 12:40:36 AM »

The idea is to keep threads readable, and excessive use of unspoilered images hurts that. So, if you're not sure, it's probably better to spoiler it. If it's a meme, it's probably better to spoiler it too - for every person amused, there are probably people distracted/annoyed by it.

This is getting horribly off-topic, but on the subject of spoilering high-res screenshots - it doesn't work very well unless they're resized. What I find works best is to have the resized image be a link - that way it can be seen at a glance in a reasonably-sized window without those fiddly horizontal scrollbars, and it can be clicked on for a full-size version.

Like so:
Spoiler

click image for full-size version
[close]

Wisdom in a bottle. 8)

Like Sladix said, I'm looking into modding too, so many incredible mods out there already, i can't help but be inspired.

This probably belongs in the Mods category, but do you think you'll ever include any mods with the final version of the game?

Pelly

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2013, 04:35:18 AM »

This probably belongs in the Mods category, but do you think you'll ever include any mods with the final version of the game?

Mods are mods, and lots are not completely vanilla balanced or are TC (Total Conversions) so would not fit in with the game at all, s other mods add on features of the game that will happen (stated by alex and co at various points) e.g. economy, dynamic systems ect. Though I would not be surprised  if some mods were added like Thules Legacy could own a sector or Nuetrino Corp could be a event in sectors ect.

There are many ways they could be integrated but It is unlikely that it will happen into the full game IMO, but is still possible for some of the more popular and balanced factions and addons that are not planned features.

Ripper1776

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2013, 06:27:55 AM »

Heya all  ;D

Ripper1776 here, hailing from the great; well ok large and empty; state of Nebraska, USA.  Found this game 6 months to a year ago, don't recall when exactly.  I had purchased S.P.A.Z., which is also a good game, and somebody on their forums mentioned this Starfarer thing.  I bought it, tried it, and went:  eh, it'll probably be good someday.  A couple of weeks ago I got some time off, was bored, and ran across Starsector again, decided to try it again.   Now I'm having trouble stopping, any suggestions?

Anyhoo, thanks for a great game, can't wait for some fleshing out of the campaign.

Ripper1776

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2013, 07:42:30 AM »

Hey all new people! Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay and have fun!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 08:08:19 AM by Sproginator »
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2013, 08:06:01 AM »

half fun!

I'm taking the other half, thanks! ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7