Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fighter auto heal  (Read 2920 times)

Steven Shi

• Commander
    • View Profile
Fighter auto heal
« on: February 25, 2012, 02:08:53 AM »

I've only encountered this 'bug' on very rare occasions and can't reliably reproduce it.

After auto resolving a battle and winning without any losses, the damaged fighter wing I started the battle with ended up with full health.

Anyone else encountered this?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 02:11:48 AM by SQW »

SgtAlex86

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Fighter auto heal
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 02:16:47 AM »

did u have an carrier?  ???

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 05:08:44 AM »

If you had a Carrier in the fight the fighter wing probably landed on it, and in doing so, was restored (near instantly) to full health and size.

If you have a Carrier and a damaged wing at the start of a battle, its a good idea to order them to repair and refit.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Steven Shi

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 06:41:34 AM »

No, this was in auto resolve and I didn't have a carrier in the fleet. Unless the carrier mechanic works in auto resolve too?

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 05:37:34 PM »

during auto resolve any damaged fighters you have can land on a carrier and repair.

i believe essentially the game plays out the battle and you just done see it. and in the course of normal battle your fighters will land on your carriers..

thus they are healed at the end of battle.

that being said they could still be damaged at the end of battle if they then **in the coding of auto battle** take damage again after landing.

i actually use auto battle to heal my drone fighters because currently they dont heal at all due to there crew being set to 0
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.