Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Tankfarer - WWII Mod  (Read 100215 times)

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Tankfarer - WWII Mod
« Reply #150 on: July 04, 2013, 02:59:32 PM »

This mod looks interesting indeed. I found some nice top view pics of tanks and stuffs, just ask if you want them, this might help you in your mod (if you are still working on it)

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
    • Mykyria Scifi/Zombie writing blog (Old site)
« Reply #151 on: July 04, 2013, 04:10:00 PM »

I'm wondering more about the infantry mechanics. APCs/supply trucks function the same as 'carriers' I'm going to guess?
If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 05, 2013, 05:00:10 AM »

This mod looks so cool! U got an ETA for the release date or is it still TBD?
P.S. It looks like Germany will just trump Poland. Will there be a balancing tool like the Polish troops and vehicles being cheaper, so more of them?

No ETA yet.

Weaker / lighter troops are cheaper. There's more units for Poland than shown on the OP.

I'm wondering more about the infantry mechanics. APCs/supply trucks function the same as 'carriers' I'm going to guess?

Supply vehicles just supply the army with 'fleet points'. You will need to have a few in your army to keep it going. During a battle you'll have to place your supply units in a safe spot or risk loosing them to combat units. Hospital vehicles will heal your infantry units much like a carrier would.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 05, 2013, 06:20:55 AM »

Supply vehicles as carriers and infantry as wings? Clever. BTW, will you add other type of WWII units? Like planes and ships?

Oh and also, here's some sprites resource that might be useful to you.

http://www.juniorgeneral.org/load.php?Period=10   

http://rpgmapshare.com/index.php?q=gallery&g2_itemId=1588&g2_page=10

http://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprints/tanks/  (Not all of them are top view though)

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
    • Mykyria Scifi/Zombie writing blog (Old site)
« Reply #154 on: July 06, 2013, 06:46:23 PM »

How are you going to get around the flight mechanics built into the core game? Having tanks strafing and coasting all over the place would be interesting >.>
If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 24, 2013, 10:58:51 AM »

Working on the Panther (Panzerkampfwagen V) and the 7.5 cm KwK 42 gun.

Following the tank I will also create the 7.5 cm Pak 42 (7.5 cm Panzerabwehrkanone 42) artillery piece and probably the Jagdpanzer IV, since they all use the same gun.

:)

(Yes, progress is insanely slow on this mod. That's why I am going to limit all units to mid 1943.)

How are you going to get around the flight mechanics built into the core game? Having tanks strafing and coasting all over the place would be interesting >.>
This has been answered several times in earlier posts.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 11:26:02 AM by Erick Doe »

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 26, 2013, 09:16:45 AM »

That's why I am going to limit all units to mid 1943.)

Bleh... Can we still hope to see this thing in the mod?

Death_Silence_66

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 04, 2014, 09:37:28 AM »

it could be like a battleship  :)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 24, 2014, 06:49:28 AM »

I've been thinking about setting a short term goal for this mod. How about something similar to what Uomoz did a long time ago: have people set up armies through a number of points, then I pitch the armies against one another by setting up missions that play out the battles? Of course the battles would be recorded and put on youtube for everyone to watch.

maffo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 24, 2014, 07:12:43 AM »

Id be willing to make you a glorious dutch army to defend the honor of the queen once more (in perhaps a bit better fashion then in reality).
Also, cool that this is still kicking.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 24, 2014, 07:19:53 AM »

Tankfarer was never abandoned. Progress is just very slooow.  :-X

I've got a lot more units finished than shown on the OP. Including French armour.

Incidently the French are the next faction. Followed by the British, Italian and then American. Factions appear in the order of German expansion.

The campaign skips a few factions for now. In the following order factions are introduced: (skipped nations are mentioned in the campaign but are unlikely to appear as an actual faction)
-German
-Polish
-Danish (skipped)
-Norwegian (skipped)
-Dutch
-Belgian (skipped)
-Luxembourgian (skipped)
-French
-British
-Italian
-American
-Canadian (skipped)
-Soviet
-Finnish (skipped)
-Bulgarian (skipped
-Romanian (skipped)
-Japanese (skipped)

Nations that are likely to appear in limited number: (for example, just an infantry unit or a single tank unit)
-Danish
-Belgian
-Canadian
-Finnish

Should I introduce a Pacific campaign, I'd create full factions for Australians, New Zealanders and Japanese, of course.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 07:29:33 AM by Erick Doe »

dmaiski

• Captain
  • resistance is futile
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 24, 2014, 07:37:21 AM »

how can i have not seen this mod before >:(

i must play
BISO
(WIP) lots of shiny new weapons ( :-[ i have more weapons then sprites :-[ )

i got a cat pad
its like a mouse pad but better!

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 24, 2014, 07:49:04 AM »

I just finished the Dutch, Belgian and French versions of the Renault FT. I love working on the more obscure WW2 vehicles, instead of the well known ones. This is the Marmon Herrington CTLS Tankette: (WARNING: large image)

Spoiler
[close]

It was produced by the US as an export tank. The Netherlands placed a large order, though only 20 were delivered before the start of WW2. It looks similar to the Renault FT and other late WW1 and early WW2 tanks.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 27, 2014, 09:47:59 AM »

I wish there was a way to pre-determine the location of a 'ship' with 0 speed on a mission map. This could allow me to place stationary targets and defenses, such as bunkers and trenches.

Maybe by creating small, thin and concentrated lines of immobile asteroids (with a debris sprite) I can create defensive lines. Stationary objectives will be turned into bunkers and such.

I'd have to test this, but it could allow me to create defensive terrain and defendable objectives in missions. I've already turned nebulae into forests. Those work pretty well. They slow down vehicle movement.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 09:56:15 AM by Erick Doe »

spudcosmic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 27, 2014, 11:10:06 AM »

Do you think you could post a short video showing what the mod looks like at the current time? That would be pretty cool.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12