Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: MOD - My Little Pony *under construction* *oppinions needed*  (Read 90201 times)

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
Re: MOD = My Little Pony *under construction* *oppinions needed*
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2012, 02:45:05 AM »

That be the one.

zanar9786

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2012, 02:52:36 AM »

But how would it fit into starfarer? Betweeen system transport? (when that finallly happens ;)
Hound=Troll machine

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2012, 03:47:13 AM »

I wasn't implying that we should... But now that you mention it. Hmm, space train.

zanar9786

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2012, 03:55:16 AM »

space train could be another way stations get resupplied, that would add a whole new dimension of new things to do instead of fighting.
(not that ima agianst killing fleets 4 creds)
Hound=Troll machine

vagyr

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2012, 04:14:41 AM »

First off. Not into ponies and the whole lore...
But I can see the space train being some superheavy super long transport for supplies for the faction with the ships with the rings being its support.

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2012, 05:58:50 AM »

Zebster10

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2012, 07:48:27 AM »

This is a great idea! ( I'm the guy who ponified SonicRaptor. :3 )
Anybody think this awesome thing can be made into a ship?

(Sorry for odd measurement information - this was made for a toy. Also, I am not affiliated with Travelling Pony Museum - I just think their airship is cool.)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2012, 08:05:42 AM »

I... am so confused by this. And so I googled...

When I was a kid, we digged Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, Zorro and Batman. When I was 20 we digged muscle cars and women. What the heck is this?

You folks got me so confused.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2012, 08:28:06 AM »

Know your Meme

From 3.00 and onwards.

He said that because if 4chans moderator bans it ignited a civil war, right? He also stated that a brony would re-unite them, right?

Well, neither the TimCORP nor the sidus dim (read project CAELUS) can allow this. We will invade and destroy all ponies. 
This is now a full-scale war!

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2012, 08:33:03 AM »

4Chan now has it's own dedicated board for ponies. /mlp

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2012, 08:36:22 AM »

On the topic of the mod, I'd like to see the Solar Empire vs the Lunar Republic
The Empire having white and trimmed gold ships, the Republic having midnight purple and blue colourings. I'd also think both groups of ships would be high tech, arcano-science and all that.

Zebster10

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2012, 11:01:42 AM »

Know your Meme
Should probably also link the actual article. Might help clear some things up for people. :)
(Ashame that all Know Your Meme really focused, on, though, was the 4chan war...)

I... am so confused by this. And so I googled...

When I was a kid, we digged Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, Zorro and Batman. When I was 20 we digged muscle cars and women. What the heck is this?

You folks got me so confused.
Here's a really good article on explaining why the show is so good, hence a large following: Anime Vice's "Why Do Guys Like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic?"

On the topic of the mod, I'd like to see the Solar Empire vs the Lunar Republic
The Empire having white and trimmed gold ships, the Republic having midnight purple and blue colourings. I'd also think both groups of ships would be high tech, arcano-science and all that.
(On-topic!  ;D) I really like this concept. However, are you referring to two factions? Or simply two different ship-types?
My personal idea (btw I'm not affiliated with the mod dev-team other than knowing SonicRaptor) is perhaps two factions, each with custom ships, but there would be different types of ships. Maybe Earth Ponies would be the fighter and drone wings, etc., and the Pegasus would be frigates, then Unicorns the next level above (Sorry - can't remember the name of this group offhand), with a "Royal" Capital Ship representing the Alicorns. Furthermore, each faction could be made to represent the two royal sisters' personalities. Perhaps Solar Empire would be heavy ships but they'd either sorely lack on shielding or weapons, whereas the Lunar Republic would be smaller, "weaker," well-balanced ships. This way, a player could choose to ally with a side focusing on ships with specialties or with a balanced group good for en masse attacks.
But, that's just my two cents. All I know is we definitely need to find a way to work in a "To the moon!" joke. ;)

evildog

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2012, 11:53:57 AM »

I got some good news and some bad news...

The good news is that I have some ships drawn out for the Lunar Republic :)

The bad news is that I lost most of the cords for my scanner when I built my new computer, so there is only one option for me now...

MS PAINT HERE I COME!!!

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2012, 12:10:45 PM »

What I mean is that whole thing about Celestia VS Luna, thus Solar Empire vs Lunar Republic
So, two differing factions, each with a theme, the Solar Empire seeming more attuned to the day, and to light, the Lunar Republic, more towards the night. Also, I'm basing the general colour schemes of the two factions on the princesses they represent.

This being Celestia...

And this being Luna

I'm only thinking of their coat and the color of their decor. I'm ignoring their manes, because come on, pink, green, purple and blue? On a space-faring warship? The Imperial Amarr Navy pull off white ships pretty well. Though I've never seen a midnight-blue ship in any universe I've encountered.

NINJA'D:
Any internet cafes near you? Maybe they can scan your stuff in and you can send it to yourself....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12