Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: MOD - My Little Pony *under construction* *oppinions needed*  (Read 90436 times)

Kalthaniell

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: MOD = My Little Pony *under construction* *oppinions needed*
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2012, 06:57:20 PM »

I don't remember seen any other pony ships other then these, and I'm not sure if they are origionals or just stolen from existing ones.

Here is some more great art to inspire you.

And some more, we could also have giant space bear ships.

http://virus-91.deviantart.com/art/Wrath-of-the-Ursa-Major-245070655?q=boost%3Apopular%20Ursa%20Major&qo=2
http://modern-warmare.deviantart.com/art/Dancing-with-the-Stars-213904086?q=boost%3Apopular%20Ursa%20Major&qo=25
http://kcpon3.deviantart.com/art/Ursa-Major-Custom-291919057?q=boost%3Apopular%20mlp%20Ursa%20Major&qo=6

That's really stunning artwork! Plenty of inspiration. I did not know there was so much amazing art created for mlp. This anime must be truly outstanding if it prompts so much creative output. I hope you were joking about giant bears in space, though :P

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2012, 07:04:27 PM »

I think, for the moment, flesh out the Solar Empire and the Lunar Republic, then we can go onto others like Chrissy (Chrysalis) or Discord.

As for Nightmare Moon, you could probably make like, I dunno, a super capital flagship in Nightmare Moon's colors for the Republic. As for Celestia, I've seen some artwork of Celestia's fan version of NM, which I believe is Sol. I'll see if I can find artwork of that.

NINJA: Yeah there's some awesome artwork out there of MLP. As for 'Sol'...

And Nightmare Moon...

Both pictures are by the same guy too.

SonicRaptor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2012, 07:08:34 PM »

These ship pictures are so awesome. I can't wait to see more.

Kalthaniell

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2012, 07:12:23 PM »

The Nightmare Moon pic is just pure awesomeness. I'll check out more fanart when I get a chance. This stuff is really cool (though it's pony-related :P ). Now it's time to rest (2 am here), but I have a couple of concepts I'll shape into digital being tomorrow. Take care!

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2012, 07:17:38 PM »

I so look forward to your designs dude.  :-*

:D

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2012, 07:42:32 PM »

That's really stunning artwork! Plenty of inspiration. I did not know there was so much amazing art created for mlp. This anime must be truly outstanding if it prompts so much creative output. I hope you were joking about giant bears in space, though :P

There is an episode where the ponies encounter a Usra Minor and are only able to 'beat' it because its a baby, its mother is an Ursa Major. These bears are pretty much the ultimate creature of the pony universe at the moment, kinda. It would be cool to have this represented in Starfarer as well, by giving these bears really powerful ships and have it just be those two, no others spawn, as a bonus enemy to test your skills.

There are literally tens of thousands of pony fan art pictures and there are many good ones. I would suggest looking at ponybooru but that site has bin having a lot of problems lately. (can't imagine why  ::))
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 07:44:46 PM by Vandala »

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2012, 08:14:47 PM »

Upgrade...where are you?  We need your criticism. ;)
Anyway, I'm actually looking forward to this mod just to see what I looks like.  I might even help here and there. ;D
I haven't even watch Friendship is Magic yet...is that bad? :)
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2012, 08:38:00 PM »

Upgrade...where are you?  We need your criticism. ;)
Anyway, I'm actually looking forward to this mod just to see what I looks like.  I might even help here and there. ;D
I haven't even watch Friendship is Magic yet...is that bad? :)
No, but it would help if you want to help out, that way you get a better feeling for the lore.

Zebster10

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2012, 08:38:48 PM »

There is an episode where the ponies encounter a Usra Minor and are only able to 'beat' it because its a baby, its mother is an Ursa Major. These bears are pretty much the ultimate creature of the pony universe at the moment, kinda. It would be cool to have this represented in Starfarer as well, by giving these bears really powerful ships and have it just be those two, no others spawn, as a bonus enemy to test your skills.

"Ulitmate creature" is a good way to put it, as it is likely the most powerful being in the Everfree Forest (not sure if the Forest-Dragon counts, and the Hydras are too stupid). The Ursas would make good bosses. However, I think the most powerful creature in the series is Discord. He was one epic villain. I mean, he had basically total control to alter reality. He brainwashed ponies just for fun! (We know he could've corrupted them more humanely...) The only reason he couldn't maintain power was because he never took any threats against him seriously. If there was an entire Starfarer faction made based off of Discord, they would be the most sporadic, OP things ever. The only flaw they'd have is they'd never seriously try. Hmm... What is possible in the areas of AI-modding? (I'm not a programmer, myself.) Is it possible to create a mod to make the AI for a particular faction so terrible that they actually purposely mess up in battle? And, to take it a step further, could we assign them tons of mediocre-to-good ships and let them loose? Ah... The chaos. Muahahahaha...
...I'm just an idea person.  ;D

SonicRaptor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2012, 08:40:38 PM »

Thank you so much Kalthaniell I love the ship you did so far they are amazing. I will get the two ships implement into the game as soon as I can most likly with a mission, Luna vs Celestia.

Zebster10

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2012, 08:44:46 PM »

All I know is we definitely need to find a way to work in a "To the moon!" joke. ;)

Banishment cannons?
Jus' sayin'... It IS a space-game.

Zebster10, a balloon can be made but consider that you can't see the underside of it. It's only a top-down game after all. Perhaps if we modified it to have interesting features on the sides of the balloon instead of on its underside.

Yeah, I was kind-of thinking in the area of turning the balloon into the ship. Sort of like that huge round ship from Gratuitous Space Battles.

Thank you so much Kalthaniell I love the ship you did so far they are amazing. I will get the two ships implement into the game as soon as I can most likly with a mission, Luna vs Celestia.
The first mission of the Starfarer Ponyverse... It has begun. :3

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2012, 08:49:42 PM »

If there was an entire Starfarer faction made based off of Discord, they would be the most sporadic, OP things ever. The only flaw they'd have is they'd never seriously try. Hmm... What is possible in the areas of AI-modding? (I'm not a programmer, myself.) Is it possible to create a mod to make the AI for a particular faction so terrible that they actually purposely mess up in battle? And, to take it a step further, could we assign them tons of mediocre-to-good ships and let them loose? Ah... The chaos. Muahahahaha...
...I'm just an idea person.  ;D

Well we could edit the persona of the captains but I don't know how far we ca take that.

Still, a faction based on discord need not be overpowered. We could just have him as a leader or figurehead and his minions and underlings could be other creatures. It would not need to be extremely powerful, they could fill as many roles as we needed them to just as with vanilla ships.

Yeah, I was kind-of thinking in the area of turning the balloon into the ship. Sort of like that huge round ship from Gratuitous Space Battles.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 08:53:00 PM by Vandala »

Zebster10

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2012, 08:52:09 PM »

Well we could edit the persona of the captains but I don't know how far we ca take that.

Still, a faction based on discord need not be overpowered. We could just have him as a leader or figurehead and his minions and underlings could be other creatures. It would not need to be extremely powerful, they could fill as many roles as we needed them to just as with vanilla ships.
Ah, good point. I'm probably not thinking very realistically. I should ask SonicRaptor for some tutorials on dealing with Starfarer's code.

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2012, 08:59:06 PM »

Ah, good point. I'm probably not thinking very realistically. I should ask SonicRaptor for some tutorials on dealing with Starfarer's code.

You can change the characteristics of personalities by editing ./data/characters/personalities.csv
You can change the personality factions use by editing the faction files in ./data/world/factions/...
The personality types are found near the bottom of the file.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12