Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lore in the Codex!  (Read 3579 times)

Hardlyjoking67

• Captain
  • I'm a different kind of buddy.
    • View Profile
Lore in the Codex!
« on: May 17, 2012, 01:34:13 PM »

I was thinking it would be nice to be able to view the lore from inside the codex. I'm kind of thinking of Mass Effect and how information on the history and almost anything else was available to the player so that if they didn't understand what was going on, they could figure it out. Also, I think it would be nice to make it easy to mod. Project Caelus already has extensive lore and it would be nice to have somewhere to put it in game such that someone could see all of the great ideas we have come up with.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Lore in the Codex!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 01:59:15 PM »

Well, there is lore right inside the descriptions of the ships and weapons, even some upcoming *zzZZzz* factions.  It's nice to read the descriptions while admiring the epicness of the ships. ;D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 02:01:12 PM »

Well, there is lore right inside the descriptions of the ships and weapons, even some upcoming *zzZZzz* factions.  It's nice to read the descriptions while admiring the epicness of the ships. ;D

Indeed. Also, we will need some lore soon for those ships ingame as of current! :)

neonesis

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 02:06:07 PM »

Indeed. Also, we will need some lore soon for those ships ingame as of current! :)
I spend so much time in the codex, just watching the ships, comparing their stats, reading their history... I love doing this, even if its just a bunch of pixels on a computer :>

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 02:07:42 PM »

I spend so much time in the codex, just watching the ships, comparing their stats, reading their history... I love doing this, even if its just a bunch of pixels on a computer :>

Yeah. It's the small things that count, really. I once spent an entire hour at reading lore of ships :)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 02:20:50 PM »

Yeah. It's the small things that count, really. I once spent an entire hour at reading lore of ships :)
Ah, boredom gets the best of us all.  You spent that hour well. ;)
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 02:23:03 PM »

We're left with no chance against Lord Ivaylo's dark powers ;D

Archduke Astro

• Captain
  • 99 AU from anywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 04:38:21 PM »

We're left with no chance against Lord Ivaylo's dark powers ;D

I look forward to being on the receiving end of said powers in far greater concentration in the future. Need more official lore! :) Much more than the widely scattered bits which exist at present.
We thought our last moment had come
when we got a message up the voice pipe
saying that 'A' Turret magazine was on fire.....

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 09:27:33 PM »

I am very hopeful that they won't disappoint. :D
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

zanar9786

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 03:39:24 AM »

How about a lore button on the main menu as well so that peaople can learn about whats going on. there could be a basic over view of the co0smos and the basic relationships with a little history for beginners and then the option to go more indepth into inter factio relations and such like.
Hound=Troll machine

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 02:49:57 PM »

Perhaps we *super innovation mode* write our own perception of the lore, and understanding of what went on, that will affect how factions look at us, officer motivation, weapon system effectiveness etc.

It would huuuuuuuuuuuuuuugely add to this element of a falling world, where people don't understand fully the stuff around them.
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.