Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Paragon Loadout  (Read 20703 times)

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Paragon Loadout
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2012, 12:26:44 AM »

Nope, advanced optics clearly states that it stacks with ITU.

If you don't have enough fast ships to cap points then get a cheap carrier and a few wasp wings and rectify that problem.

carrier

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2012, 01:52:39 AM »

If you don't have enough fast ships to cap points then get a cheap carrier and a few wasp wings and rectify that problem.

Err..how they stack?  Range = (Base range + 200) * 1.5 or Range = Base range * 1.5 +200?

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2012, 04:50:30 AM »

Dunno, the hull mod description doesn't go into detail.

neonesis

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2012, 08:04:33 AM »

Err..how they stack?  Range = (Base range + 200) * 1.5 or Range = Base range * 1.5 +200?
I would go with Range = Base *1.5 +200. When you think about it, optcs upgrade, such as better lens, affects the weapon directly, without dealing with electronics and such. On the other hand, ITU is simply a better computer, capable of increasing computing power for efficient targeting for additional 200 su.

However, I could be speaking ***, and Alex has it differently in his design ;)

Nooblies

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2012, 05:22:15 AM »

For a very pretty light-show and pretty damn good performance try outfitting a paragon with tactical lasers in the small slots, graviton beams in the medium and HIL's in the large slots (missiles are empty). With ITU and Advanced optics, it has obscene range, and due to the graviton beams and HILs enemy ships have no option but to get slowly worn down from outside their own firing range. Could swap out some gravitons with phase beams for some purple beams too!

Due to the fact that beams are cheap in OP and flux usage, you can also stack up on all of the standard goodies with enough OP left over to get 45 vents, so will be losing flux while firing nearly all weapons (need to be not using 4 tac lasers to be even)

Missiles are easy enough to just block with the shield.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2012, 07:23:33 AM »

Beams don't leave hard flux which means against an opponent with sturdy shields you're not going to get anything done.

Outranging opponents will only work if you can move away faster than they can close in. With a battleship that sounds kinda unlikely. Projectile weapons can slowly build up hard flux in the target that cannot be removed without turning the shields off so in a battle of attrition against a shield-heavy opponent you're at a disadvantage.

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2012, 02:20:08 AM »

Personally i run my Paragon naked-ass. Two plasmas up front, 2 high intensity lasers  on the front turrets to deal with frigates mostly, but on the last autofireslot, lowest priority, a single Burst Laser up front for defences vs missles and two Dual Flaks for anything else on the sides. I then armor this baby up with an almost full complement of vents and caps and max out flux regen and shield mods.

What comes out of it?

I can solo a fleet of an Elite Paragon, two Oddyses, one Aurora plus the standard complement of Tempests and fighters. Onslaughts? Hah, aslong as i'm not cought in a crossfire from BC/Heavy destroyers aswell as the Onslaught at the exact same time, i can totally solo my way out.

I also rammed some Aux Thrusters there, but i still 'swipe away' enemy ships before my plasmas touch on them sometimes, and just rely on the AI slipping up and coming into the crosshairs.

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2012, 06:11:18 AM »

Beams don't leave hard flux which means against an opponent with sturdy shields you're not going to get anything done.

Outranging opponents will only work if you can move away faster than they can close in. With a battleship that sounds kinda unlikely. Projectile weapons can slowly build up hard flux in the target that cannot be removed without turning the shields off so in a battle of attrition against a shield-heavy opponent you're at a disadvantage.

The setup the man writes about deals 1800 damage per second just from the medium and large turrets, shields are not a problem at that point as nothing in the game can vent this amount of flux.
And that not even taking into account any high flux boost which can increase this damage up to 2700 damage per second.

Once this does get throe your shield you'll be facing four HIL focused onto one spot dealing at least 1000 damage per second, this will eat throe any ship in seconds.

Aratoop

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2012, 11:50:55 AM »

Outrageous indeed - I feel compelled to respond. Including the bit about sacrificing weapon slots.

Change the lances to plasma cannons.
Change the blasters to pulse lasers.
Change the back four burst PD to LR PD
Change the sabots to annihilators.
Swap out hardened shields for armoured turrets, gryos, and slap the rest in vents.

This thing can go head-to-head with a standard Onslaught, with regular crew, and win without hull damage. Tactics: put everything but the plasma cannons on autofire and fly straight up to the Onslaught with shield up. Idly shoot until the Onslaught drops its shield, then fire a single plasma salvo. Drop shields when flux gets high, and then shoot into the hole opened by the plasma until there's pretty flashes.

The armour's pretty much shot after one Onslaught though. This could be solved by better tactics, but then that could be countered by better AI...and I'd rather just avoid the whole intelligence arms race.
[/quote]
 The back four can be further changed to tactical lasers: saving more op.
The community's response to a change is inversely proportional to its importance.

What do you call a dog who's a magician? A labracadabra

Kommodore Krieg

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2012, 09:38:14 PM »

4 High Intensity Lasers, 4 Grav beams up front, 2 tac lasers up front, then the rest a mix of tac lasers and burst PD.  Integrated Targeting unit, Harden Shields, Stabilized shields, bunch of vents.  Strongest caps ship loadout I've used next to certain Conquest variants.  When you focus all those forward beams on anything it basically withers away, Onslaughts included.

edit:
Basically this:

For a very pretty light-show and pretty damn good performance try outfitting a paragon with tactical lasers in the small slots, graviton beams in the medium and HIL's in the large slots (missiles are empty). With ITU and Advanced optics, it has obscene range, and due to the graviton beams and HILs enemy ships have no option but to get slowly worn down from outside their own firing range. Could swap out some gravitons with phase beams for some purple beams too!

Due to the fact that beams are cheap in OP and flux usage, you can also stack up on all of the standard goodies with enough OP left over to get 45 vents, so will be losing flux while firing nearly all weapons (need to be not using 4 tac lasers to be even)

Missiles are easy enough to just block with the shield.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2012, 11:22:04 PM »

My loadout, I feel that it's pretty efficient.  Utterly wrecks frigates even in mass and can concentrate a lot of burst damage for larger ships.

KriiEiter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2012, 09:04:36 AM »

Glad to see I'm not the only one that goes without missiles on the paragon.  I feel like the missile slots are a waste of OP on this ship.  You really can't get any missiles that warrant using up (at least 16 for any decent missile) OP, when you can apply it towards much better things.

I still love the Tachyon Lances though.  Their range and power is undeniable, though once enemies close in your turn rate hurts it a bit.
"If it aint broke, don't fix it."

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2012, 09:37:28 AM »

Jebus, how much fallout one post could bring...
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Jmdelrio

• Lieutenant
  • Blood Angel
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Paragon Load outs
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2012, 12:40:30 PM »

I am a fan of the Tri-Tachyon ship design and I am very impressed with the Paragon capital ship.  I put one up against one of the scurge groups from The Scurge mod and it handidly took them all out.

Of course it wasn't till later that, after learning of the 50% damage taken setting in the options in this forum, that I checked the options and confirmed that I was set to 50% damage taken. I realize I was "cheating" a little but it was sooo fun to watch!

Anyone have any favorite ship load outs to share?   I am still having a problem getting adjusted to balistic weapons, energy weapons are so fun to use!

Jmdelrio

• Lieutenant
  • Blood Angel
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Paragon Load outs
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2012, 12:42:52 PM »

Believe it or not, I didn't see the other Paragon Load out thread till after I posted.  I've been addicted to this game to the point that I stopped playing Diablo III before I finished Act II.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4