Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Aurora-class Loadout  (Read 10324 times)

neonesis

• Commander
    • View Profile
Aurora-class Loadout
« on: June 05, 2012, 03:33:55 PM »

Since we're having loadout-thread party, let's talk about Aurora!

Mine is armed as a all-around balanced cruiser, capable of flying alone, with focus on missiles:
2 pulse lasers as main flux-bumper
4 burst PD lasers as protection
Harpoon MRM Pod + 2 launchers
2 Sabot MRMs

How about yours :> ?

Catra

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora-class Loadout
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 03:49:25 PM »

anti-capital setup:

Atropos in the small missile
MIRV in the large
pulse in all the mediums
burst pd covering the engines
IR pulse in the remaining small

Hardened Shields and 21 Capacitors

it's abit awkward to fly since it's preferable to keep the target on the side of the ship with the 2x pulse lasers instead of the 2x IR pulse.

support ship:

Sabots in all slots
Ion Cannons in the smalls ( burst pd covering the engines )
Phase Beams in the mediums

ITU and expanded racks along with 23 capacitors

basically, this one is used to shutdown capitals for much longer after they are done overloading or if they drop shields and go full offensive instead.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 04:00:24 PM »

Just built to overwhelm PD systems to lead them to overload.  Not very good if they have decent flak cannons since they're still overpowered.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 08:06:14 PM »

I go heavy blasters in the front two slots. I'm actually really surprised to not see any heavy blasters here... they are a superb weapon and the Aurora actually has the flux capacity to use them for a long time. I use 4 burst pd's as point defense, 4 Sabots for shields and the large mount reaper launcher for anything that can withstand heavy blaster fire.

@neonesis: to me your design looks a little over vented. I'm wondering: do you find yourself riding the hard flux line much during battles or does it work out?

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 10:47:08 PM »

2 harpoon and 2 sabot on missiles
large is empty

2 pulse lazorz on the side with 2 med mounts along with one IR pulse on the small mount right next to them

all other small slots == burst PD, the med slot == burst heavy

basically it has one side dedicated to anti ship broadsiding and the other side dedicated to fking up smaller vessels

lack of MIRV means a lot more hull mods and vents
mmm.... tartiflette

neonesis

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 04:32:37 AM »

I go heavy blasters in the front two slots. I'm actually really surprised to not see any heavy blasters here... they are a superb weapon and the Aurora actually has the flux capacity to use them for a long time. I use 4 burst pd's as point defense, 4 Sabots for shields and the large mount reaper launcher for anything that can withstand heavy blaster fire.

@neonesis: to me your design looks a little over vented. I'm wondering: do you find yourself riding the hard flux line much during battles or does it work out?
Not during normal battles, but such venting values, coupled with focus on missiles enables my setup to engage capital ships, and (with a little support) win.
Of course, this requires heavy usage of Aurora's speed, usually to avoid main guns and try attack the rear of the enemy.

I agree it might be inefficient during longer battles against many smaller ships (such as Hegemony Supply Convoy) - I will try replacing the Pulse Lasers with Heavy Blasters and see how that works out ;)