Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: DSTech Corp Fleet v0.5.2a - New Ships and Weapons -  (Read 95368 times)

Ishman

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: DSTech Corp Fleet v0.5.2a - New Ships and Weapons -
« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2014, 07:59:13 PM »

I'm going to check this out myself, but be aware you can balance the weapons just by bumping up their op cost and the op values on the DSTech ships - so that other factions have extreme difficulty equipping them.

Sorta the opposite way most blackrock weapons are balanced - they have lots of unique attributes to them but are generally less effective than other top-tier weapons in that slot size/type (but are also cheaper) with the exception of the sunfire beam weapon (HE BEAMS MANG, SO BLOODY AMAZING). Though Cycerin's been adding some high-end weapons and a lot of his stuff is misleadingly strong thanks to like half his stuff having onhiteffects (check out the scripts for the amlance/voidweavers/fury/shard/ and the linearonhiteffect that doesn't actually seem to be called by anything). Anywaysyeah I like strong weapons balanced by how many you can equip.

Tecrys

• Admiral
  • repair that space elevator!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 14, 2014, 07:11:10 AM »

Update time!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l845j3q9u430g8v/dstech0.5.3a.zip

Just a few attempts to balance the faction:
- reduced repair%/day for all ships
- reduced cr/deployment for all fighters to make them actually useful
- all ships now have cr deterioration
- all weapons now have regenerating ammo

Right now DSTech plays pretty much "shock and awe", if you can't steamroll your enemies right away you'll run into problems.
Let me know how that balance is working out and tell me if you dislike anything.

Cheers!

Edit: I forgot to balance this around extended magazines ... there might be another quick update later today. Also: Some of the ship systems are subject to change again. Judgement class will get some kind of siege mode but either I'll have to write that for myself or I have to "borrow" some code. (With permission of course)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 09:14:12 AM by Tecrys »
Symbiotic Void Creatures 0.5.0-alpha for 0.97a is out
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=28010.0

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2014, 07:49:21 PM »

they seriously need to be nerfed...there weapons have no weakness...and they all have emp...even the drones are too broken with the emp thunder...this team is being shunned until things are fixed

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2014, 07:59:04 PM »

Lopunny, these were meant to be overpowered. It's just a mod dedicated to roflstomping any fleet in starsector. Don't insult them, they might own up your own fleet!

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2014, 08:02:18 PM »

To re-iterate,

As stated by the original mod maker:

DSTech Corp Fleet

Description: A fleet of (robotic) warships that have quick shields, high flux dissipation, and high flux/power weaponry that make them more suited for hit and run as opposed to frontal attacks. Many of these ships are bumped up technological tiers compared to the vanilla human ship designs.

Most DSTech ships feature multitudes of light HELR Burst Beam Projectors that function in defensive and offensive applications.

Note: Campaign integrated + Overpowered

Find them at the DSTech Corp Factory located at the very edge of Corvus! I intend to develop this into a fleshed out faction mod to satisfy my own sense of immersion in Starfarer.

There doesn't need to be any nerfs, balance is not a feature and definitely not a priority, and that's fine by me.

But you could tweak them all you want,

Tecrys

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 26, 2014, 01:25:45 AM »

I am not working on this anymore, btw.
Currently I'm very buisy creating art for my upcoming mod "Biomancy Genetic Engineering".
Take a sneak peak in the Spriter's judgement thread.
Gonna start coding this evenimg after work but a playable version is probably weeks away at least.
Cheers!

c plus one

• Commander
  • 'Make Jumpgates Great Again!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 26, 2014, 09:19:48 AM »

this team is being shunned until things are fixed

O noes! I guess nobody's willing to be seen sitting with them at lunch-time, either? Being shunned is Serious Business. I hope this "team" survives the brutal loss of social status. 8)
Quote from: Lopunny Zen
you are playing them wrong then..

Don't tell me I'm playing anything wrong in a singleplayer sandbox game. Just don't.

doodlydee

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 26, 2014, 11:32:35 AM »

Yea he likes to complain about OTHER peoples mods, if you don't like it don't download it or better yet make your own mod

Tecrys

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 26, 2014, 03:41:19 PM »

I'm getting into Java now, I need some serious coding to make my faction unique ...
Anyways, if there's someone out there willing to help with code or art just let me know.
Things I've planned:
- No shields (That's real easy!)
- organic weapons like animated maws/mandibles, acid sprays, grappling tentacles
- some unique hullmods (healing(not regenerating! More like a healing ray or healing "bite") ships would be cool, not sure if I'm able to do that)
- life leeching melee weapons
- interesting ship systems (Can't really think of anything right now, suggestions?)

biotic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 17, 2014, 01:33:11 AM »

Nice ships, is the mod discontinued ?
Really like the design, slick and bad ass.

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2014, 08:56:52 AM »

This was among the first faction mods on the forums if I recall, good looking but overpowered as hell.
The ''effortlessly waste a system defense fleet with a lone frigate'' kind of op.
It was left to wither by a maker that hasn't showed his face for a long time, brought up to par by other modders when updates hit, and left to wither again ever since.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 10:41:56 AM by Sabaton »

biotic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 19, 2014, 12:44:35 PM »

This is just sad :(.

Well if i have the time after i finish my own mod ill try to see what i can do with it.
Thx for filling me in on the story.

Tecrys

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 19, 2014, 02:11:59 PM »

There is a working version comparible with Exerelin online, take a look at Exerelin and supported mods.
You should be able to find a link to the download there.
The creator told me he doesn't mind what we do with the mod as long as the character and fluff of the mod are kept intact.

I hope tjis might help.

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 21, 2014, 01:55:19 AM »

How is the BGE update coming along? You and Meso have been cooking up something rather juicy for a while.

maximilianyuen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 06, 2014, 11:49:34 AM »

bug report. no other mod running
Spoiler
65852 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.hullmods.ds_ship_tech]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.hullmods.ds_ship_tech]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Compiling unit "data/hullmods/ds_ship_tech.java"
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:212)
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:164)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   ... 2 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.commons.compiler.CompileException: File data/hullmods/ds_ship_tech.java, Line 27, Column 28: A method named "getRepairTimeBonus" is not declared in any enclosing class nor any supertype, nor through a static import

[close]
Fleet construction in progress.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10