Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Manual and auto retreat  (Read 2687 times)

alfa2

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Manual and auto retreat
« on: May 11, 2012, 01:36:40 AM »

If i want to retreat I can choose 2 ways:
1) auto "break through"                                         - we lost some ships
2) manual Attack, then (in battle) RETREAT option    -  we lost none

I think auto "break through" is useless option , and "manual retreat" is waste of time...

Catra

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Manual and auto retreat
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 01:54:38 AM »

wut?

Zani

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 01:56:28 AM »

Hes saying you can go into a battle and use "Attack" then retreat on your side of the map. This makes retreating very easy and safe however if you use "Break through enemy lines" then you're almost certainly gonna lose ships.

Emailformygames

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 03:00:50 AM »

You should read all of Alex's posts in this thread: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=2523.0

Zani

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 03:06:48 AM »

You should read all of Alex's posts in this thread: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=2523.0
Ah, yes:

One thing about the defender/attacker thing, currently theres no reason to use "escape" as if you defend vs an attacker you can easily retreat as soon as the battle begins. I'd suggest that when defending from an attacker, you can only retreat from the sides. This would prevent enemies spawning in then retreating right away when you are on the offense.

Your ships take some post-battle damage if you do that, though. The attacker gets a few free rounds of autoresolve hits on your fleet, and a chance to capture any damaged ships. If you pick "escape", your retreated ships aren't subject to that.

Those options could seriously use some tooltips.

alfa2

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 03:34:35 AM »

Damn. I was too late..Again..