Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Which faction do you like the most?

The Sidus Dim
The CDF
The Ferrus
The independents
The infection
The farmers
The Tholian Directive

Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188

Author Topic: Project CAELUS ,the biggest project starsector will ever see. (Alpha 1)  (Read 803455 times)

Aratoop

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Project CAELUS ,the biggest project starsector will ever see. (Alpha 1)
« Reply #2775 on: March 27, 2013, 03:58:51 AM »

Is there a way to clear up the spammy nature of the white text? It effectively blocks out half of the screen :P
The community's response to a change is inversely proportional to its importance.

What do you call a dog who's a magician? A labracadabra

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: March 27, 2013, 06:47:07 AM »

Hmm, never thought of that. Will go and see for a solution, heh.

Btw, I've added in a few new fighters. ;)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: March 27, 2013, 12:26:03 PM »

More fighters? :D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: March 27, 2013, 03:13:36 PM »

Mhm, yeah! Can never have enough of those pesky things that keep your ship captains scared of daylight. ;D

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: March 27, 2013, 04:10:49 PM »

Indeed. :) Just give me an omnifighter, or multi-role fighter, whichever punches more holes in your hull, and there will be NO daylight. XD There's a reason why I liked Thunders and Broadswords in vanilla - they tear anything that comes in contact with them to tiny little chunks of scrap. :D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

FaxLim

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: March 29, 2013, 02:18:30 PM »

Hi, can i just give you guy's some of my drawing? I was bored so i did some drawing, wondering what i should do with it. I could be happy if you can put it into the mod or get some different ship idea from it. !Warning in advance! My drawing are not so detailed like there is no flux or where to put the weapon's (Well i did put some weapon on the ship's i drew) but it's not detailed enough. You can allway's go take a look if you want. PM me (You might get delayed reply)  ;D :-\ ;D

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: March 29, 2013, 02:21:19 PM »

Errrr, well, sure, go ahead. I'd like to see it, hehe.

Also, i've rebalanced some of the TD ships. *shudders* how didn't i notice those crazy stats earlier. :)

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: March 31, 2013, 09:37:24 AM »

I was a little intimidated by the scope of this mod, but decided to give it a go anyway. Its pretty fun so far.

Some things I've noticed have been mentioned in the last 5 pages of the thread, but a couple are worth mentioning again(i think).

The cerulean is the most annoying ship ever. The first one i fought made me so angry i had to walk away from the computer. Fighting it is like having a staring contest with a computer. I deleted that save, and started as the dim sum(magenta ring green engine) just so i never had to fight one again. Then i got the bright idea of using one. I found i could recklessly fly wherever chasing whatever, and never worry about any other fleets.

The ferrous ships should probably cost at least as much as you get for selling the supplies after you scuttle them. I bought up all their ships and sold them back the supplies for profit. I don't think that was the intended use, but i just imagined i was the sector's best recycler.

The first few ingame months are extremely tedious because the pirates never send out smaller fleets than 4. I'd wait and wait for them to lose a fight and hope one or two escape. playing as the Caelus defence force is also extra challenging because their biggest fleet is the supply fleet. So there wasn't anyone to hide behind.

Where can i find the lore for the factions? I figured cyan seafoam and magenta would be enemies against each other, but seafoam and magenta are neutral to each other. I'd also like to know why magenta is so powerful, and numerous.

I like how everyone has pretty good shields. It slows the fights down just a bit. It also makes overloads less likely so you really have to push to make it happen. The downside is it makes the fighters even more ineffectual than vanilla because the huge ones are much too slow to make it back to the carriers, and the fast ones are already past you by the time half of their burst is fired off. So you can largely ignore the fighters. It is hilarious to see 2 zippy wings trying to fight though. Like 2 flocks of hummingbirds trying to brawl.

I'd like to reiterate that i like this mod. I'm just better at remembering the cracked sidewalk i tripped over than the big tree that shaded me. Because the ships aren't too different from vanilla i was able to re-acclimate quickly, and get to enjoying the new look.
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: March 31, 2013, 10:14:57 AM »

Thanks for your feedback! really happy to see some more of it!

Right, the cerulean will definitely have to go through a balance phase again (if you thought the cerulean was bad, you should try fighting the TD phase battleship), making it less OP, and having battles with it become less than a staring match than anything.

The ferrous ships are still affected by the monetary bug here, but they're mostly fixed in my developers version, which i hope to release soon enough.

The Sidus Dim and CDF are also affected by a spawn rate bug (in reality, they should spawn equal fleets) which makes them spawn ridiculously unmatching fleets (like the sidus dim overflowing the map with huge battlefleets) when they shouldn't. The pirates are also affected by this to some degree.

The lore for the factions had it's own personal thread in the lore board here on the forums, but i cannot find it as of now. Rest assured though, it is there, but the faction lore isn't in the game yet.

But anyways, thank you for the input, and i'll go and make some slight re-adjustments now! :D

Hardlyjoking67

• Captain
  • I'm a different kind of buddy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: April 20, 2013, 06:52:20 PM »

I used to sorta serve as a lore editor. And then I got lazy. I kinda feel like doing it again.

It used to be your stuff goes here,

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=2699.0;topicseen

and choclatey lore cookies come out here.

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=2806.0

It was a crap ton of work for me though. Still feel like doing it though. Wanna give me an updated list of the factions Upgrade?

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: April 21, 2013, 04:35:12 AM »

Sure thing. I'll compile a list ASAP, and give it. Most of the factions have stayed the same though, not much have changed in regards to their lore.

e/ Okay, after looking through the list closer, I can atleast go ahead and say that the Eucarian Republic being some sort of "Good" (Subjectively, ofcourse) freedom fighters who are severely oppressed by the Sidus Dim and their allies. The GTC is a trading coalition consisting of several trading fleets, and sell wares and ships to all factions. They're netural, but have some PMC to defend themselves with, incase it should come down to war.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 04:38:18 AM by Upgradecap »

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned before, and I really don't want to read through 180+ pages to see..

It seems to me like 80% of the ships are just using a flare or active flare launcher?

Is that intentional or just filler to be adjusted later when the other stuff is more fleshed out/balanced?

Also I can't seem to get the sensor array to work.. I have it in my cargo, but my ships don't get the option for any new hullmods and I can't mount it using a weapon slot, how does it work?
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned before, and I really don't want to read through 180+ pages to see..

It seems to me like 80% of the ships are just using a flare or active flare launcher?

Is that intentional or just filler to be adjusted later when the other stuff is more fleshed out/balanced?

Also I can't seem to get the sensor array to work.. I have it in my cargo, but my ships don't get the option for any new hullmods and I can't mount it using a weapon slot, how does it work?

Right now, most of the systems are fillers, which i intend to change (As soon as i can stop being lazy :P).

As for the hullmod, you have to have the engineering manual for the ship system to be properly installed, on top of the system itself, if i haven't forgotten how you once did that.

Darkarson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: August 12, 2013, 01:02:35 PM »

This mod seems cool! is it on hold till 0.6? also when i downloaded the mod it said mod version 5, is that correct? On the forums it says demo version 6 so im not sure.

SpaceRiceBowl

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: September 16, 2013, 04:03:16 PM »

No, i think upgradecap is on extended ( or premament) leave from starsector atm.
I really don't know what I'm doing...
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188