Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Which faction do you like the most?

The Sidus Dim
The CDF
The Ferrus
The independents
The infection
The farmers
The Tholian Directive

Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 188

Author Topic: Project CAELUS ,the biggest project starsector will ever see. (Alpha 1)  (Read 803591 times)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Or maybe have slowly regenerating charges that don't regenerate during phase, hmm...

mumbasa

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Downloaded this recently and gave it a few hours. I'm loving the overall scope and feel of the game, but I've found a few things that don't seem right. First, the already mentioned Ferrian ships costing < 100 credits and only requiring one crew is an issue. The Ferrian Mace-class ship is named a destroyer but classified as a cruiser. It also seems incredibly OP, but that could just be because of the Mark IV hypercannon I mounted on it. That thing tears unshielded targets to shreds (2-3 shots on a pirate destroyer). I generally play with smaller ships, so I may just be getting acclimatized to the incredible firepower of a large mount, but I don't remember my autopulse cannon being quite so powerful. While this may illicit a TL;DR, I really do enjoy the sheer scope of this mod, and the potential it has. Cheers.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Thanks!

Yeah, the Mark IV Hypercannon was originally intended as a long range support weapon, but it quickly fulfilled a another role, and, well, i ended up removing it from the stations for the time being and forgot about it. Thanks for bringing it up, I'll take a look at it now.

Also, i have fixed the ferrian bug. Must've fixed it this tine in my dev version.

Aratoop

• Admiral
    • View Profile

By the way, I have a gripe with the ingen cannon-why is it blue? It's meant to be a helbore that was customized on the go by engineers to fire infernium-loaded shells,I don't see how it's blue... :-\

Otherwise, it's a really cool mod :D
The community's response to a change is inversely proportional to its importance.

What do you call a dog who's a magician? A labracadabra

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile

Mmm, infernium is deep red with a slight glow to it, if you look at the reaper, which basically consists of nothing but a container filled with infernium and a trigger with a huge engine strapped on, you could use the reaper missile as a shell and the reaper proximity effect as the hit effect.

mumbasa

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Another "bug". The starting ships seem to have too many crew to begin with, like the minelayer (well-done ship, by the way) which starts with high risk of accident. I felt kind of bad jettisoning the some of the marines and the crew out the airlock. The albatross also has this issue, however, it isn't serious enough to cause accidents. Oh, and the Mace (Ferrian Cruiser) has a small ballistic mount on the bottom right corner that seems to be facing the wrong way.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Mmm, infernium is deep red with a slight glow to it, if you look at the reaper, which basically consists of nothing but a container filled with infernium and a trigger with a huge engine strapped on, you could use the reaper missile as a shell and the reaper proximity effect as the hit effect.

Yeah, that's normal infernium. This is modified infernium with a neutrino agent added to make it more stable and dangerous. That's why it is blue. :)

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile

If something is stable, its generally less dangerous mind you. ;)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Highly untrue, borderline lie.

It just means it's safer to use it.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Exactly, less dangerous, like i said...or typed, so not a lie at all. ;D

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile

If it's stable, then you can put more juice in it. More juice =  bigger boom

coldfire142

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I downloaded the mod, and it works fine, yet it says it is Demo v.5 in the mod file select at start up. I'm positive it says it is version 6 on page one where I downloaded it from. Is this the correct version I downloaded and installed or is V6 a typo on page one, or is the typo in the file I downloaded?

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Typo in the file you downloaded. I can assure you it is Alpha 1.

Anyways, starfarer is now starsector, huh. Also, the new update will probably have new modding features for us to work with, hehe.

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Upgrade, the thread title needs to be updated :P

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
Re: Project CAELUS ,the biggest project starsector will ever see. (Alpha 1)
« Reply #2744 on: January 05, 2013, 03:28:02 AM »

Done. :)
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 188