Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Which faction do you like the most?

The Sidus Dim
The CDF
The Ferrus
The independents
The infection
The farmers
The Tholian Directive

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 188

Author Topic: Project CAELUS ,the biggest project starsector will ever see. (Alpha 1)  (Read 803634 times)

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile

Guys, in the player.faction file, How do i change how many ships i start with? Like 1 frigate and 4 fighter squadrons
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Take a look at the other fleet spawns.  Add more ships to the spawn file and add more fleet points.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile

Guys, in the player.faction file, How do i change how many ships i start with? Like 1 frigate and 4 fighter squadrons
Open the file, you should see some numbers behind the ship names, those are for minimum and maximum numbers, there is also a fleet point number you can change located a little higher up.

TheMessiah

• Captain
  • Captain of the Sidus Dim
    • View Profile

I need some help, how do I fix this:

Edit: Do I use the offset in the .wpn?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 05:20:12 PM by TheMessiah »

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Erm, what's the problem?
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

TheMessiah

• Captain
    • View Profile

It's not in the middle of the blue thing.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Try moving the weapon mount in the .ship file.

TheMessiah

• Captain
    • View Profile

Are you sure? Because the same things happen with other ships.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

So, what's the problem?  Is it the sprite, or what's happening?  I'm not getting it. :(

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile

He means that the blue rings that signify a weapon mount are not correctly centered on the purple ball.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Ah!  If the turret sprite has some room below it, then there's your problem.  If that doesn't help, send me the file so I cna see it myself, it's easier for me.

TheMessiah

• Captain
    • View Profile

Ah!  If the turret sprite has some room below it, then there's your problem.  If that doesn't help, send me the file so I cna see it myself, it's easier for me.
Which files exactly?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

The .wpn .proj (if possible - it may be a beam weapon, then it does have one) and the .cvs if you want.

TheMessiah

• Captain
    • View Profile

The .wpn .proj (if possible - it may be a beam weapon, then it does have one) and the .cvs if you want.
It's in the dropbox folder: data folder/non-finished coding/The Messiah's WIP/Deme Laser (WIP).zip
Edit: I'm gonna go to bed so if you need me you're gonna have to wait til sometime tomorrow.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Bah, I've looked over the files and everything seems fine.  Appears to be a glitch in the game, I've nothing else to say.  the odd thing is the weapon looks fine in the little preview they give you.  Anyway, there's nothing I can do, sorry.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 188