Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Which faction do you like the most?

The Sidus Dim
The CDF
The Ferrus
The independents
The infection
The farmers
The Tholian Directive

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 188

Author Topic: Project CAELUS ,the biggest project starsector will ever see. (Alpha 1)  (Read 803447 times)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Most pirate fleets are designed to be weak, with only a destroyer and that cutter, usually. On random occasions, an huge pirate fleet spawns alongside with a cruiser aswell, but the general idea is that once you get a large enough fleet, you're suppose to hint either CDF or warhawk fleets, and then move up to Sidus Dim. :D

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile

I did think that, but there should be more of a progression to that stage in my opinion, i currently have a destroyer and 3 really deadly frigates.(Btw, Awesome lockdown emp!, Makes for a great broadside weapon and then follow up with missile frigats, which i do) But i still cant seem to take on their huge ass fleets :P
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

I did think that, but there should be more of a progression to that stage in my opinion, i currently have a destroyer and 3 really deadly frigates.(Btw, Awesome lockdown emp!, Makes for a great broadside weapon and then follow up with missile frigats, which i do) But i still cant seem to take on their huge ass fleets :P

Well, they aren't exactly supposed to be taken down in the early game. :D

Also, are the ships more fairly priced now? :D

James Sullivan

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Well I can nearly afford a War hawks frigate after about 5 battles.. So the prices are getting there.. It's only really a problem in the early game.

As far as suitable themed music for the campaign stuff I was thinking something a long the lines of what Endless Space has.

Oh and I can't wait till the Tholians get integrated because then the mod will probably best looking ships of any TC. No offence to other mods but I really love some of the designs in this TC so far.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

The TD really reminds me of a mercenary faction.  Not really like the independents, but more...mercenary.  Never trust a merc.  You might find one or two of their ships in any other fleet, so it give you that feeling they're everywhere, and you should never trust them.  One time they might be with an ally, another with the enemy.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Well, let's just say they'll truly live up to their "Technocracy" name ;)

Also, yeah, i'll try to hunt for such music, but it's damn difficult when you don't have a own music artist :)

James Sullivan

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Heh, if I had a decent set of programs... and a bit more talent I'd happily compose music for free.

In fact I quite liked the music done for the source mod NeoTokyo a few years ago. But that was done by a professional composer and was weirdly never used in the game..
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 06:54:29 AM by Scroll2020 »

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Well, you could try Logic Pro 8, i've heard it's a good program with alot of good stuff in it :D

I believe the learning curve was quite steep unless you've gotten hang of it already :D

EDIT: Seems to be apple only, crikey. Hang on while i'll try and find for something hopefully cross-platform or atleast for windows :D

EDIT2: This one seems to be good for windows:  http://magix-music-maker.en.softonic.com/

It's 469 60 dollars though. I *could* find you a free copy, but i wouldn't post it here, though. I'd keep it to PM, but just tell me if you need one :D
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 07:08:16 AM by Upgradecap »

James Sullivan

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Aye the software ain't exactly cheap and I doubt I could make good use of it really. Might be worth giving it a shot I guess.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Aye the software ain't exactly cheap and I doubt I could make good use of it really. Might be worth giving it a shot I guess.

So, you want it? :D

James Sullivan

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Sure, give me a couple days to get to grips with it and I'll see what I can do. Better to find out than never know right?

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Sure, give me a couple days to get to grips with it and I'll see what I can do. Better to find out than never know right?

Pretty much. I'll send you a PM :D

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile

Well, I decided to rebalance the pirate ships and removed all shields, because they could easily take down a high tech destroyer with shields, which was quite OP, but now they feel more like they should. :D

Also, the Tholian Directive is the next faction on the list to enter the fray, they'll have a small planet, isolated from the other planets, but they'll mostly have trading fleets :D
can the independed fleets be added?
now the only independed ships added to the demo is the ship you get at the start :P
and I kinda still want a independed station (the bar where they hang out and) where the independeds buy there ships.

I'm adding in the independent station now and just had a thought - should I merge that with the neutral faction I already made? After talking with Upgradecap it seems like they will use the same ships and have the same relationships... I was going to put the station around Divari B. What do people think?

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Well, sure. That'll leave us with less factions, and we didn't have any lore at all made for the Neutrals. :D

Also, can you fix the selling issue at the abandoned station? :D

Also, again, i'll send you my CAELUS folder so you can continue working on it from there, i made some fixes in it :D

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile

Managed to progress far enough that i can take on a whole sidius dim fleet easily, awesome hehe
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 188