The Sidus Dim
The CDF
The Ferrus
The independents
The infection
The farmers
The Tholian Directive

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 188

Author Topic: Project CAELUS ,the biggest project starsector will ever see. (Alpha 1)  (Read 806222 times)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

What should the main color be? And how big should it be?

Maybe 50-100px bigger than the current ones, and look like something that is simply all the epicness of the mod put together into one logo (which gives you pretty much free hands on this. :))

Muffel

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

It seems like the standard decompressor of Mac OS X Lion can't open the .zip document of the latest build, you just get another compressed document. You need a third party program to unzip it correctly, which is suboptimal in my opinion.
Just grab the Unarchiver...

Not talking about me. Just saying.

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile

I have a request.
Make an amazingly OP ship.
Put in a mission against all odds (full armies of Sidus Dim, CDF etc.) effectively like Forlorn Hope.

And do it to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iof5pRAIZmw. A winner is you.
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

I have a request.
Make an amazingly OP ship.
Put in a mission against all odds (full armies of Sidus Dim, CDF etc.) effectively like Forlorn Hope.

And do it to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iof5pRAIZmw. A winner is you.

Music = OK

Comment section = WTFBOOM

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Alright, I'm re-releasing DEMO 4, with some great fixes, mainly being a new pirate ship (Cutter, extremely weak, two medium ballistic hardpoints, 3400 Credits, 5 FP)
And the ships are much, much more fairly priced now. :D

Also, the pirates are much, much more balanced now! :D

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Upgrade, try to clean up the mod folder, I'm OCD about having unused files. ;D
Keep the current version as well as a copy of the previous version.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

TheMessiah

• Captain
  • Captain of the Sidus Dim
    • View Profile

Is this good for the logo?

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Upgrade, try to clean up the mod folder, I'm OCD about having unused files. ;D
Keep the current version as well as a copy of the previous version.

Yeah, go ahead and clean it, just leave the CAELUS_DEMO_4_FIXED.zip file, since It's the latest file in use ;)

James Sullivan

• Ensign
    • View Profile

So I've had a quick go at the latest demo..

So I have to grind the smallest group of pirates for a while right? I'm probably just rubbish but I usually prefer to fight something like lashers and hounds with fighters early on. The single pirate frigate that i've ended up fighting early on is very slightly faster, has more mounts and is generally a bit of a pain to fight one on one. Maybe I just have terrible luck. Oh and the prices for ships are a bit much as they are if you ask me. It seems everyone's custom factions are always far more expensive than vanilla.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

See upgrade?  I told you they were too expensive!  A frigate should at least be under 9k. ;)
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

See upgrade?  I told you they were too expensive!  A frigate should at least be under 9k. ;)

Well, prices are higher than vanilla (Due to inflation - there's full-scale war between the factions) but we're working on a way to decrease the prices of the ships when you swear allegiance to a faction (join a faction) to represent you taking their part and side of the war. Currently, the warhawk ships are the most cheapest (with their cheapest frigate being around 20k) and in the demo i recently uploaded (named CAELUS_DEMO_4_FIXED) the pirates are much more balanced, and have gotten a new frigate as cannon fodder for you, or as support ships when you use them (pretty tricky to use them, though, but they are the absolutely cheapest frigate ever, costing at 3k and 5 FP. :D) but the main cause of the prices is inflation, which i mentioned before :D.

Reasonable explanation? :D

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Come on, really?  20k for a frigate... :(
The TT and the Hegemony are at war, and they've got a decent frigate for 8k.

James Sullivan

• Ensign
    • View Profile

But wouldn't production of frigates be increased during a time of war?  But yeah so far I keep going against the slightly larger pirate frigate that isn't too difficult to fight but it just takes a lot longer.

Oh and I do actually like the mod, it's nice to have more music in the game in general as well though I've noticed there isn't any combat music? I'd hazard a guess this is something to do with the game itself in its current state.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Indeed, we used to have combat music, but that was back when we where mission-only, and since It's with campaign, the battlemusic would keep looping forever.

Also, yes, while frigates are produced more and more in substantially larger numbers, the factions aren't going to sell you them cheaply, in fear of you turning against them.
But, as said before,.we're working on a system that'll give you severly reduced prices once you join a faction. Downsides are you cannot buy ships from other factions, and they are hostile towards you (the factions that are hostile towards the faction you are with are hostile towards you too).

Also, you should re-download the mod, because the link on the OP is an fixed version of the demo, not the old, with much more balanced prices and pirates :D

James Sullivan

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Redownloading and I will give it a go in a bit.

So ship systems are going to be fun to balance when that update hits right? I'm sure that's all already been discussed earlier on but I can't imagine it'll be easy to deal with.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 188