Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Which faction do you like the most?

The Sidus Dim
The CDF
The Ferrus
The independents
The infection
The farmers
The Tholian Directive

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 188

Author Topic: Project CAELUS ,the biggest project starsector will ever see. (Alpha 1)  (Read 803517 times)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Alright, here's the fixed version (you who have downloaded the previous one: delete the folder and re-install using this version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/npzi2rhxhgwm6if/CAELUS_DEMO_4.zip)

It's also the correct link in the OP now.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

w00t! Legendaryspectrum just posted a new video of our mod! :D

Muffel

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

It seems like the standard decompressor of Mac OS X Lion can't open the .zip document of the latest build, you just get another compressed document. You need a third party program to unzip it correctly, which is suboptimal in my opinion.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Yeah, well, that's really nothing of worry, since it can still be unzipped, can it not? :D

And we still need some serious feedback on the overall feel (execpt for the ships being overpriced, that's currently being addressed :))
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 01:42:28 PM by Upgradecap »

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile

It seems like the standard decompressor of Mac OS X Lion can't open the .zip document of the latest build, you just get another compressed document. You need a third party program to unzip it correctly, which is suboptimal in my opinion.
Just grab the Unarchiver...
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Legacy

• Ensign
    • View Profile

well for the caelus mod i have some feed back.
1. It needs more weapons, because at the time it seemed that there werent very many weapons i could choose, so i didnt like it to much.
2. The pirater needs to be more challenging fleets, i was flying around and i could slaughter the pirate fleets, they were no challenge.
3. The pirates need fighter wings, and smaller frigates ie like the hound.
4. We need small faster ships, i like flying around in a small frigate rather then a big frigate with lots of weapons.
5. We need more factions, or we need more fleets flying around.
6. The spawn points need to be farther apart.
7. Im not sure if you wanted it to be vanilla balanced but if you did, this isnt very vanilla balanced, and i want to see the old ships.
8. Other then that i thought it was good, but it needs alot of improving, which i think you are doing at the time.

Legacy

• Ensign
    • View Profile

And i forgot to say, what happened to the old warhawks. They were so cool in the way that they were before only being kitbashed after the falcon. Now they seem very blank and boring.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Weapons aren't a problem, I've got at least ten more waiting to be made, thanks to TheHappyFace. ;D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile

Now that this is getting, eh, established, a basic listing of what's in the mod would be good. Just a big image compilation of each faction's ships or something.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

I think the campaign needs a little smoothing out in terms of planets and fleets.  The planets are packed way too close together, they tend to pahse into each other if the game if played for too long.  We may need to get rid of one or two and maybe mash them together to get one better planet.

The pirate fleets also need more variety, not just one of two OP destroyers.  And seriously, those pirate destroyers are WAY overpowered, a lone player-controlled frigate should be able to take on a destroyer and win.  In here, it's just crazy.  I was aiming for vanilla balance, not something like Ironclads (no offense, just using you as an example, totally new weapons and ships based off of non-vanilla stats).
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 09:10:46 PM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Aratoop

• Admiral
    • View Profile

The Grizzly close support variant can't fire it's tesla coil as it raises too much flux...or it's broken :(
The community's response to a change is inversely proportional to its importance.

What do you call a dog who's a magician? A labracadabra

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

I think the campaign needs a little smoothing out in terms of planets and fleets.  The planets are packed way too close together, they tend to pahse into each other if the game if played for too long.  We may need to get rid of one or two and maybe mash them together to get one better planet.

The pirate fleets also need more variety, not just one of two OP destroyers.  And seriously, those pirate destroyers are WAY overpowered, a lone player-controlled frigate should be able to take on a destroyer and win.  In here, it's just crazy.  I was aiming for vanilla balance, not something like Ironclads (no offense, just using you as an example, totally new weapons and ships based off of non-vanilla stats).

Thing is, I just popped out a few pirate ships and didn't really balance then out much more before i launched DEMO 4, so yes, they are OP now, but they will be fixed in the close future. I an also aiming for vanilla balance, but the problem is, since we don't gave any vanilla ships to balance it towards, we'd have to create our own vanilla then ;)
Trust me that I'll be creating more ships today and balancing the pirates out. Thing is about pirates, I always imagined them having the worst shield generators (or none at all) best armour, biggest gun for ship class, worst hull for ship class, but it didn't turn out to be such :/

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

And i forgot to say, what happened to the old warhawks. They were so cool in the way that they were before only being kitbashed after the falcon. Now they seem very blank and boring.

Well, we had an internal discussion on this, and we decided to use those sprites for the independents, as intended :D

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile

Weapons aren't a problem, I've got at least ten more waiting to be made, thanks to TheHappyFace. ;D

more are probaply coming soon and
are we going to use existing weapons?
if not then i might make some variations (different sprites)
of existing weapons.
ow and ill make larger variants on some weapons that i allready made.

so expect more!
Fractalsoftworks limited edition ban hammer.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 188