Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Which faction do you like the most?

The Sidus Dim
The CDF
The Ferrus
The independents
The infection
The farmers
The Tholian Directive

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 188

Author Topic: Project CAELUS ,the biggest project starsector will ever see. (Alpha 1)  (Read 803894 times)

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Project CAELUS ,the biggest project starfarer will ever see.
« Reply #315 on: May 17, 2012, 06:56:43 PM »

I like the idea, but who do we start with? Why are they fighting? how many factions will be in system? how many systems will we make?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 17, 2012, 07:08:23 PM »

Who do we start with?

Depends on how the lore goes out an eventually for balance.

Why are they fighting?

The lore shall answer your question, keep an eye out.

How many factions will be in system?

About 9 so far.  Probably 10-15 by the end, if we get that far.

How many systems will we make?

As many as the coders feel like making.  As of now, having just one, epic Caelus system is already too god, but having more is even better.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 17, 2012, 07:19:51 PM »

Who do we start with?

Depends on how the lore goes out an eventually for balance.

Why are they fighting?

The lore shall answer your question, keep an eye out.

How many factions will be in system?

About 9 so far.  Probably 10-15 by the end, if we get that far.

How many systems will we make?

As many as the coders feel like making.  As of now, having just one, epic Caelus system is already too god, but having more is even better.

Ok, I knew the answers to the first two, but on the second one, do we want 9 factions in a single system, there are going to be more than that in the sector, so why 9 in one system? on the last one, I agree, I want a system really bad, but there are going to be systems where there is not much fighting, for example, the War Hawks home system, so would we only be doing conflict zones? We don't even have lore for those yet. I really like your idea, but I don't know if the coders want to do that when alex xould change how a system is coded in the multi-starsystem update

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 17, 2012, 07:39:15 PM »

Well, we don't know if all the factions are going to be in one system yet.  This is really up to the lore-ists and the rest of the team.  The mod is like Starfarer right now, nothing's perfect, we just give you everything and say, "Here, try it out"  Bugfixes and other features come later.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

maffo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 18, 2012, 04:12:13 AM »

well we will have to make a decision on the amount of starsystems and important places etc. If we have done that, we can decide how many more factions we want to have in the sector.

EDIT: also all nice and cosy, but mrdavidoff hasn't responded yet to my message, so why is he already in the banner? you can better add happyface, because he is the one who made most of the Independ sprites

EDIT NR2: and you used his sprite without permission? Or am i behind in information. Also the hawk is way to quick and agile. I do not like all those nebula's. And the enforcers have become magically very quick, or that because of the nav bouey? And shame i havent seen any of the real Indepennt ships in action yet. If you can give me a hand, i can make the coding right.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 04:36:18 AM by maffo »

TheMessiah

• Captain
  • Captain of the Sidus Dim
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 18, 2012, 04:29:30 AM »

well we will have to make a decision on the amount of starsystems and important places etc. If we have done that, we can decide how many more factions we want to have in the sector.

EDIT: also all nice and cosy, but mrdavidoff hasn't responded yet to my message, so why is he already in the banner? you can better add happyface, because he is the one who made most of the Independ sprites

Oops, didn't see that will edit it out for the time being.

Edit: Everyone will need to change the banner link for the newer update:
[ url= http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=2690.0][img ]http://i.imgur.com/6eBMo.png[/img][/url]

*Note remove spaces.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 04:32:59 AM by TheMessiah »

zortan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 18, 2012, 04:29:51 AM »

hmmmm need some one to help test ? :D or is there a beta avalible to give a try , this does sound like its a huge project ad do hope its finished some time soon :)

maffo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 18, 2012, 06:04:22 AM »

Some things i noticed:

The anzac wing(nice name) seems to get his but kicked because he is so slow turning, this could be because of the nebula, but i think this can use a boost.
once the light flak cannons on the battle ship started firing  at random, hurling very very slow rounds all over the place, and then it also stopped again randomly.
If the map could be updated to have a lto less nebula and some more new sprites, i would be a happy man.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 18, 2012, 06:24:42 AM »

The test mission *shouldn't* have that huge nebula, it makes weighting the balance quite hard  :).

maffo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 18, 2012, 07:25:30 AM »

The test mission *shouldn't* have that huge nebula, it makes weighting the balance quite hard  :).

this exactly

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 18, 2012, 07:28:56 AM »

Some things i noticed:

The anzac wing(nice name) seems to get his but kicked because he is so slow turning, this could be because of the nebula, but i think this can use a boost.
once the light flak cannons on the battle ship started firing  at random, hurling very very slow rounds all over the place, and then it also stopped again randomly.
If the map could be updated to have a lto less nebula and some more new sprites, i would be a happy man.

Yep, I'm going to fix it very soon. And the small flak cannon aswell. Though I miiight remove that bug nebula ;)

maffo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 18, 2012, 07:32:41 AM »

dont forget to get permission from mrdavidoff

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 18, 2012, 07:33:25 AM »

dont forget to get permission from mrdavidoff

Still waiting!

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 18, 2012, 07:56:40 AM »

Some things i noticed:

Yep, I'm going to fix it very soon. And the small flak cannon aswell. Though I miiight remove that bug nebula ;)

no, please just remove the nebulae entirely

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 18, 2012, 07:59:13 AM »

Some things i noticed:

no, please just remove the nebulae entirely

Alright, alright :)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 188