Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Which faction do you like the most?

The Sidus Dim
The CDF
The Ferrus
The independents
The infection
The farmers
The Tholian Directive

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 188

Author Topic: Project CAELUS ,the biggest project starsector will ever see. (Alpha 1)  (Read 803631 times)

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Project CAELUS ,the biggest project starfarer will ever see.
« Reply #210 on: May 14, 2012, 01:31:19 PM »

Can you create the system file, but not implement it? or will the file/setup be changed too much?

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 14, 2012, 10:08:53 PM »

Can you create the system file, but not implement it? or will the file/setup be changed too much?

It can't be done for now, since we don't know how Alex will do it.

maffo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 15, 2012, 03:37:40 AM »

So today i wont be working on the Independents cause i got final exams and i need to learn for the next one. The next 2 sprites are done though, they will show up later this week. They can be used for a intro mission with a Indep. convoy under attack by the Asteriod pirates(or how they where called) or the hightech Sidus Dims ships. Also soldier how is the implementation of the ships i sended coming along? If need be i can send you the 2 sprites of the C.D and T.D (carrier destroyer and transport destroyer, no names yet), but you'll need to do all the other coding on them.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 15, 2012, 12:44:35 PM »

New ship done by me! :D

The stormwolf Long-range Support frigate:

This frigate is designed for long-range support in fleet-to-fleet combat, this one is NOT designed for melee. Infact, it'll die against anything large enough and fast enough to come into melee combat. That is, if the opposing ship can survive the long-range fire. Need lore for it. Hardlyjoking67? ;D

Hardlyjoking67

• Captain
  • I'm a different kind of buddy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 15, 2012, 01:01:35 PM »

I'll get to it. I'm still trying to consolidate all of the factions into a singular story.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 15, 2012, 01:38:55 PM »

Then can we just create a new system for now?  The Corvus System right now doesn't exactly fit the lore best it can.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 15, 2012, 01:41:47 PM »

Then can we just create a new system for now?  The Corvus System right now doesn't exactly fit the lore best it can.
Well, true; the Corvus system doesn't fit our lore. But sure, go ahead and plan out a system on interstellar travel. Then i will make sure that a new game version won't over-write that. But theoretically (if you're talking about a single star system) then yes, we could create a new one from complete scratch. I mean, look at the Fight for Universe mod, which does add a completely new system from scratch :)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 15, 2012, 01:44:50 PM »

Yep, that's what I'm talking about.  I'll see if I can get a scetch of what our system might look like...
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 15, 2012, 01:49:09 PM »

Yep, that's what I'm talking about.  I'll see if I can get a scetch of what our system might look like...
Please do, so that i may get a good overview of our first system to come. but we're going to start creating several system once he finishes the multiple star systems code, because that's when we agreed (using the above poll, and a midst ourselves)  that we wher going to go with the campaign :)

maffo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 15, 2012, 01:53:15 PM »

upgrade move that ship to submissions perhaps? and could you look and comment to the new Independent ship happyface posted. I think they can be used for the intro/test mission.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 15, 2012, 01:55:04 PM »

upgrade move that ship to submissions perhaps? and could you look and comment to the new Independent ship happyface posted. I think they can be used for the intro/test mission.

Well, the submission page is only for ships someone is submitting to our project, for use. That one has already been submitted by trylobot, and i just needed lore for it ;)

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 15, 2012, 01:55:35 PM »

Those ships are ones which he has coded as opposed to made

EDIT: ninja'd by upgrade

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 15, 2012, 01:57:19 PM »

Those ships are ones which he has coded as opposed to made

EDIT: ninja'd by upgrade

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 15, 2012, 02:03:22 PM »

oh upgrade  ;D

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 15, 2012, 02:10:25 PM »

OK, the star at the center of our system, a Class III M5 star (correct me if any of that is wrong) formally called DM-58, codename "Caelus."  A central trading hub of the Domain of man, it had an amazing three habitable planets and five other, large planets, and countless moons (planets and moons will be named according to starfarer lore, for now.  e.g. "Caelus I" and "Caelus I-A"
Two large planets will be gas giants, near the outer edge of the system.  One will have 2 moons.  The other will have an asteriod belt to go with it, but no moon.
The other large planet will be a terrestrial planet, closer to the star but not enough to sustain life.  Turned into an ice pop because of a lack of heat.
The three habitable planets will be closer to the star, all in seperate orbits.  One will have a moon, the other two will not.  They are roughly the same size, though one moonless planet will be ever so slightly larger.  Each of these planets will have a faction to their name, hostile or not to eachother.  Around the habitable planet will the moon, there will be an orbital station will the same location and orbit as the moon, to represent a "moon base".
An asteriod belt will seperate the gas giants from the terrestrial planets.  In the asteriod belt, there is an abandoned storage station, once used to store ore from the asteriod mines but long since forgotten.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 188