Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Which faction do you like the most?

The Sidus Dim
The CDF
The Ferrus
The independents
The infection
The farmers
The Tholian Directive

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 188

Author Topic: Project CAELUS ,the biggest project starsector will ever see. (Alpha 1)  (Read 802674 times)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Project CAELUS ,the biggest project starfarer will ever see.
« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2012, 12:20:38 PM »

[This is a note option; do not vote on this.]  Note:  If we go with the first option, that would mean we get more stuff done in the mod itself.

And two people voted for it. Really guys?
Sorry!  I clicked it because I read the first part. :(
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 11, 2012, 01:36:24 PM »

[This is a note option; do not vote on this.]  Note:  If we go with the first option, that would mean we get more stuff done in the mod itself.

And two people voted for it. Really guys?
Sorry!  I clicked it because I read the first part. :(

No worries! You're not the only one it seems.

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #152 on: May 11, 2012, 02:37:55 PM »

The BSF editor is ***. I have it all setup, but I'm still learning all of its idiosyncracies and keyboard commands. I'm also trying to come up with a unifying theme for the first batch of my ships.

I have learned a lot just from looking at some of the later works of the folks on the BSF forums; there's some really talented people there making ships.

I'm hoping to dump a completed set on here sometime soon.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 11, 2012, 02:41:16 PM »

I'm also trying to come up with a unifying theme for the first batch of my ships.
I'd like to see some pirate-related things.  I've always had a spot for them in my heart (more specifically, the Lotus Pirates! ;D), and I always love the way the ships are made.

Oh, and fro anyone who wants to keep track of my weapons, just see this:
http://upgradecap.0fees.net/smf/index.php?topic=16.0
You don't need to sign up, just look. ;)
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Shazar02

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 11, 2012, 02:42:22 PM »

AS SELF ACCLAIMED HEAD LORE HISTORIAN FOR TEAM 2, I SUGGEST THAT ALL TEAMS SHOULD BE BASED UPON JOBS, MAKING IT EASIER FOR TEAM MEMBERS TO COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER TEAM MEMBER IN SAID TEAM.
For example:

Team 1 : Sprites
Team 2: Lore and descriptions
GAWDAM, MISSILES EVERYWHERE

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 11, 2012, 02:42:40 PM »

The BSF editor is ***. I have it all setup, but I'm still learning all of its idiosyncracies and keyboard commands. I'm also trying to come up with a unifying theme for the first batch of my ships.

I have learned a lot just from looking at some of the later works of the folks on the BSF forums; there's some really talented people there making ships.

I'm hoping to dump a completed set on here sometime soon.

Take your time. We expect this project to fly off (get an playable alpha release) in the end of July, beginning if August, Maybe sooner. But it can only fly off when Alex implements the more systems code.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 11, 2012, 02:47:20 PM »

We can always make a standard system to base our factions off of, just make it similar to our Solar System ;D
No, really! Try to base it off of us, see what it looks like. ;)

maffo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 11, 2012, 02:47:32 PM »

no sweat, this is a long run project

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: CAELUS ,the biggest project starfarer will ever see.
« Reply #158 on: May 11, 2012, 03:50:11 PM »

@medikohl: If you're seriously going to submit all those sprites for the mod, don't you think there are some implications? For instance, a lot of these already belong to other mods. I think you ought to figure out which ones on your own, since when you made them, you said "anyone can use these." But I don't think people want to see duplicate ships in this mod. Further, I feel you should then go back to your Spiral Arms thread, and take down the sprites from there, so folks know they're taken. Otherwise we're going to end up with multiple mods re-using the same ships 2-3 times over.

Agreed.  But since i've seen his lightning-fast spriting, i have no dobut he can makes an entire faction - out of just the onslaught!
So i have no doubt whatsoever that he can make us completley original ships from scratch.

Also, how is the BSF editor coming along? :D
from scratch? well now, there are some doubts right here. mainly i don't have a drawing tablet. so from scratch is something that isn't happening for a while.
"Captain! You can't call our greatest dreadnought 'The Parrot'"
"Watch me"
Spiral Arms: Ship Sprites for Everyone

TheCornerBro

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 11, 2012, 04:08:41 PM »

So wait, who is working with me regarding the SUPER COOL PURPLE ALIEN THINGS?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 11, 2012, 04:43:06 PM »

So wait, who is working with me regarding the SUPER COOL PURPLE ALIEN THINGS?
Well, I can always code and put it in game, but I'm terrible at spriting anything large than a frigate.

AS SELF ACCLAIMED HEAD LORE HISTORIAN FOR TEAM 2, I SUGGEST THAT ALL TEAMS SHOULD BE BASED UPON JOBS, MAKING IT EASIER FOR TEAM MEMBERS TO COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER TEAM MEMBER IN SAID TEAM.
For example:

Team 1 : Sprites
Team 2: Lore and descriptions

So, what happened to coding? ;D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 04:48:04 PM by TheSoldier »

TheCornerBro

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 11, 2012, 05:02:55 PM »

I was planning on coding my own ships (at least for the most part) I just need one beautiful lore guy to make me up some backstory :D. (I can design ships around lore if wanted.)

Shazar02

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 11, 2012, 05:15:03 PM »

Pfft, easy. Give me a general overview of what you want and what ot should be about and i can handle the rest
GAWDAM, MISSILES EVERYWHERE

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 11, 2012, 06:15:49 PM »

A wee update on my weapons:

Finished:

Light Flak:

Small-mount version of the Flak Cannon, it has a slightly slower fire rate as well as shorter range.  Excellent at an anti-fighter role, but lags in PD because of the small AoE.

Cordite Missile:

A relatively small Strike missile, comes in racks of three or in single shots.  Similar to the Atropos Torpedo in terms of the explosive charge, but is sized down some in favor of more maneuverability and speed.  Most of the warhead is occupied by the tracking beam and explosive charge, so it's been fitted with a fast-burning, yet potent propellant.

Mark IV Hypercannon:

A Medium-mount fire support weapon.  Propels a large, plama-tipped, uranium-core shell at extremely long ranges using magnets.  As the shell moves past one magnet, the main magnet switches and the shell is repelled, and the process repeats for as many magnets as there are.  This results in a massive magnetic charge over the shell, making it have an enormous EMP charge.

Work in Progress:

Ingen Cannon:
[No Image Yet!]

A modified Helbore cannon firing custom infernium-loaded shells. Due to careful storage and shock absorbers it is easy to disable and turns slowly. Nick-names vary from affectionate when on the right end and swears when on the other.*Ingen is Latin for "Massive"*

*Note to Upgrade:
If some of these weapons are considered OP by you, it doesn't have to be in-game.

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 11, 2012, 08:42:02 PM »

Well I posted the stuff originally here in the right place, but could someone code for me? That's the only thing that I can't do.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 08:44:40 PM by Sunfire »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 188