Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Which faction do you like the most?

The Sidus Dim
The CDF
The Ferrus
The independents
The infection
The farmers
The Tholian Directive

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 188

Author Topic: Project CAELUS ,the biggest project starsector will ever see. (Alpha 1)  (Read 803683 times)

Kreyesh

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Ive only read a bit of the thread, but the OP states that you would like some more testers. I would like to volunteer for such a position. PM me if you are still looking for people.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Yes, so long Upgrade still needs them.  Now, I'm not familiar with how testers do thier job, but PM him and wait a little for a response.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Response has been given. Keep in mind that all future testers are allowed in, as long as you guys can give elaborate opinions on balance :)

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile

It look great man :) Tanker ship :)
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

It look great man :) Tanker ship :)

Hope you'll be playing it ;)

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Agh i wish but i can't. I want to make one ship, i even got idea for entire fraction, but then i take to make biggest of them all, fail, try again, fail then im *** off on myself and then I go and play WoT and while playing WoT i'm thinking how to make dangit ship and fail in Wot horribly... So, what i'm trying to say is that i don't have urge to play Starfarer because i have urge to make something and i can't, it never loos like i want so i just... Aghh... Must practice drawing more and more and more and more and more...
Creator of:

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile

Agh i wish but i can't. I want to make one ship, i even got idea for entire fraction, but then i take to make biggest of them all, fail, try again, fail then im *** off on myself and then I go and play WoT and while playing WoT i'm thinking how to make dangit ship and fail in Wot horribly... So, what i'm trying to say is that i don't have urge to play Starfarer because i have urge to make something and i can't, it never loos like i want so i just... Aghh... Must practice drawing more and more and more and more and more...
or you could ask a spriter for advice.....
Fractalsoftworks limited edition ban hammer.

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I did, bunch of them ( i think i asked every single spriter here - you are new one you dont count :P) but i can't make it look like their ships. Look at your ship all those tiny details here and there and... -.- I go now and kill lots of tanks.
Creator of:

KriiEiter

• Commander
    • View Profile

I did, bunch of them ( i think i asked every single spriter here - you are new one you dont count :P) but i can't make it look like their ships. Look at your ship all those tiny details here and there and... -.- I go now and kill lots of tanks.

I just use a combination of kitbashing (from the parts people have posted on Battleships Forever forums) and pixel-by-pixel editing to make my ships.

I recently started using Photoshop, but GIMP (which is completely free) works just as well and is what I used for the majority of my ships.

"If it aint broke, don't fix it."

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Oh, yes, all people i ask for drawing help did help me enormously and very detailed and because of that i do drawing better now then before but im still terrible at that. Just need to practice more... Sorry for off topic... Wont happen again if i get COOKIEZ!~!!!!
Creator of:

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Well this is the turret:

Here it is with a black background:

And what do you mean with mount?

Not sure whether this got resolved or not, but: turrets are centered on the middle of the sprite. Hardpoints are centered on the middle of the lower half of the sprite. So, you can't use the same sprite for both.

TheMessiah

• Captain
  • Captain of the Sidus Dim
    • View Profile

Well this is the turret:

Here it is with a black background:

And what do you mean with mount?

Not sure whether this got resolved or not, but: turrets are centered on the middle of the sprite. Hardpoints are centered on the middle of the lower half of the sprite. So, you can't use the same sprite for both.
Yes it did get resolved but thank you.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile

Alex, While you are here, What do you think of the mod so far?
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

Starlight

• Commander
  • Vulpes Ex Machina
    • View Profile

...and there was me thinking I was done with my own weapon sprites.  I should read around the forum more often.  Derp.   
Starlight; Vulpine Space-Adventurer.  Fond of lasers.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile

...and there was me thinking I was done with my own weapon sprites.  I should read around the forum more often.  Derp.  
Starlight, You do weapon sprites too?
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 188