Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Question about supplies  (Read 7215 times)

Fantastic Chimni

• Commander
  • Chimni
    • View Profile
Question about supplies
« on: May 09, 2012, 09:05:35 PM »

After the most recent patches I have been noticing that I'm going through supplies far faster than normal and having to buy them at the stations. Is this just because of the new fighter repair mechanic and the station repair options? Or are you planning on adding/have added a mechanic where it uses supplies post battle depending on how much of your ammo you have used?

I'm just wondering this because in the definition for the supplies it lists munitions as one of the things that it contains and I was thinking it would be cool to have to think of how much ammo or missiles you use in a very small scale engagement if you were say, exploring a system in the finished campaign where it would be impossible to restock on ammo. As it is now if i catch one small frigate vs my whole fleet i have no problem sending maybe 50 torpedoes at it even if all of them miss because there is no negative repercussions after the battle.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
Re: Question about supplies
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 09:14:25 PM »

Are you over any of the stats? It increases your supply usage. If you are over 100 fleet points you start to chew through them REALLY fast.
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

Emailformygames

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 09:16:22 PM »

If it is indeed implemented so that everything that you shoot in battle deducts from your supplies I would hope that a feature would be added to command your fleet to use either maximum firepower, regular firepower, or conservative firepower so that you can control/alter how much ammunition the AI ships use and to what extent they engage (so that you could conserve supplies if needed).

Catra

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 09:16:31 PM »

if you run fighter heavy then yeah it can really get up there in supply costs. my fleet only has 4 fighters and IMO they don't put a whole lot of strain on my supply usage. also the crew "eat" supplies per day, so if you're running around at max personnel, it can really get up there.

Fantastic Chimni

• Commander
  • Chimni
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 09:31:26 PM »

Are you over any of the stats? It increases your supply usage. If you are over 100 fleet points you start to chew through them REALLY fast.

I am keeping about 10% below the first level of the soft-cap on all of the bars with dropping off any excess at the abandoned warehouse just in case my fleet gets destroyed. It is using something like 8.5 supplies per day on the tab and I only had 2-3 fighter wings at any one time, so I just don't understand how I'm eating through them so quickly.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 09:43:30 PM »

IS 8.5 a day fast? I think that sounds about right for me.

I think you're just feeling the update. You have never really had to worry about them before, but now they are used for a lot.
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

factotum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 11:56:04 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you used supplies when you weren't actually repairing ships in 0.51a--this is no longer the case, you have a constant supply usage according to how much personnel you have. That might explain why you're going through them faster.

Tarran

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 12:56:53 AM »

I'm... pretty sure you did use supplies, unless my memory is playing games with me. I distinctly remember seeing "Not enough supplies to repair all ships" or something like that in orange.

StahnAileron

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 03:29:13 AM »

In-battle fighter repair uses supplies. Crew use supply (Looks like 0.01 supply per crew/marine.) Over fleet limits use supply (not sure o fthe formula here though, but it's definitely not linear). Ship repair uses supply (over time during the reapirs). If you have fighters and a ship with a flight deck, the fighters get repaired immediate after combat using supplies (on top of any used during combat.)

The way I see it, your use of fighters is chewing through your supplies. I run a large fleet (100FP) of high-tech frigates with minimal crew and only use up 3 supply/day (I keep a stock of marines onboard). That's not including repairs post-battle. If you regularly use fighters, you're gonna need a decent cargo limit to feed them supplies during active usage.

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 05:24:22 AM »

As far as I have caught on with the new patch:

- Crew and Marines now consume supply daily.
- Repairing and refitting Fighter Wings in-combat now consumes supplies.
- Repairing Fighter Wings after battle seems to sometimes be instantaneous, thus making it look like you went through supplies faster.
- Being over capacity with any good increases the rate at which supplies are consumed.

Catra

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 05:37:45 AM »

fighters get instantly repaired after battle if you have a ship with a flight deck in your fleet.

Fantastic Chimni

• Commander
  • Chimni
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 10:33:41 AM »

8.5 a day seems slow when i go from having 700 after restocking at a station to having 50 maybe 20 minutes and 2 battles later, and I have a 90 FP fleet with 2 Frigates, 2 destroyers, 2 cruisers and 2 fighter wings..... I just realized how strange a fleet that is.

But all of this just gets me to thinking about how to manage a hypothetical exploratory fleet when the full campaign gets released and all of the possibilities that can come with it. This is the only game that can cause me to fangasm like I have been in my head and it isnt even done yet.

Mattk50

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 10:42:35 AM »

I have a 90 FP fleet with 2 Frigates, 2 destroyers, 2 cruisers and 2 fighter wings..... I just realized how strange a fleet that is.
If you think that fleet is weird, i had a fleet that added up to 100 points composed of 1 capital, 1 cruiser, 2 destroyers, 3 frigates and 5 fighter wings. Fibonacci lurks.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2012, 10:44:59 AM »

D:
- Voltaire

SwipertheFox

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2012, 12:47:00 PM »

I have a 90 FP fleet with 2 Frigates, 2 destroyers, 2 cruisers and 2 fighter wings..... I just realized how strange a fleet that is.
If you think that fleet is weird, i had a fleet that added up to 100 points composed of 1 capital, 1 cruiser, 2 destroyers, 3 frigates and 5 fighter wings. Fibonacci lurks.

How did that work??  ???
Pages: [1] 2