Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: Project Titan  (Read 124060 times)

Abradolf Lincler

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Project Titan
« Reply #225 on: November 15, 2014, 10:30:35 PM »

God, It's beautiful... :'(

nonomo4

• Lieutenant
  • The Light!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 16, 2014, 10:38:55 AM »

This brings back memories... of my computer cant handling it lol

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 22, 2014, 11:36:10 PM »

Worth noting: fully functional and very cheap broad-side AI! (used by small crafts in this gif)

Mytre

• Ensign
  • So i see you read this
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 24, 2014, 01:52:12 PM »

I want this mod for reasons beyond my own comprehension.   is there a download link or i should just stalk this thread until a downloadlink appears?

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 24, 2014, 02:15:06 PM »

You want the dev? It's just a bunch of random missions to test Ai though (pd ai, attack guns ai, missiles ai, autofire ai, piloting ai), hardly anything to interact. It's fancy though. Lemme see if it's stable and I'll post it :). Performance wise, isn't going above 30 fps, but it has to be expected with literally thousands of guns and hundreds of ships. That said, I optimized it like a madman.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 24, 2014, 03:20:49 PM »

Moar gif (not really, far better html5):

http://gfycat.com/ScalyDimpledIriomotecat

and a download link to a virus (requires shaderlib & lazylib):

https://www.mediafire.com/?k4dnnnw2tl5r2bq

Some art/code is downright stolen (Vacuum mod, engine gfx, a lot of AI stuff) as I was taking a bunch of examples from xenoargh's mod to add some features. Everything will be replaced with proper original art/code.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 24, 2014, 04:34:16 PM »

Code
313115 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.shipai.SubCapAI.advance(SubCapAI.java:270)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship$ShipAIWrapper.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.void.void.class$super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.A.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Other than that, smooth 60fps... With 5% idle so there isn't much margin. Still, nicely done!

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 25, 2014, 08:39:16 AM »

Nice, thanks for the report :D

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 25, 2014, 10:22:38 AM »

Though that brown titan was propelled with imagination (no engine flames), overall mod is running better than I would expect. Especially that mission with badass battle, where dozens (if not hundreds) of fighters where fighting besides and two titans in basically 1v1. Well, almost... fighters were blocking him all the time, so I couldn't properly use main cannon :P But other than that, nice fireworks.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 25, 2014, 10:47:19 AM »

Though that brown titan was propelled with imagination (no engine flames), overall mod is running better than I would expect. Especially that mission with badass battle, where dozens (if not hundreds) of fighters where fighting besides and two titans in basically 1v1. Well, almost... fighters were blocking him all the time, so I couldn't properly use main cannon :P But other than that, nice fireworks.

I'm in the process of replacing all procedural engines with animated decos to get more FPS. All weapons stats sounds graphics are temp, the current dev is something I want to use to get the "feel" of the combat right.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 27, 2014, 08:14:12 AM »

http://gfycat.com/DelectableAffectionateEidolonhelvum

MOAR asplosions! Now the AI/graphics are blazingly fast and I can start focusing on actual content. Is anyone interested in participating (sprites, ideas, anything really)? Unlike for vanilla balanced mods you can go ham in PT.

ssthehunter

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 02, 2014, 10:21:59 AM »

Uomoz, you never cease to astound us plebeians :p

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #237 on: December 03, 2014, 08:45:33 PM »

Random question (sorry if this was answered in the preceeding pages somewhere), but who is the voice actor for the Titans trailer/ where did the audio come from?

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 28, 2015, 06:05:28 AM »

Whopps late response, the audio is from an EVE online trailer :)

some pew pew

jupjupy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 28, 2015, 08:25:11 AM »

Did a little test run. Surprisingly fun to play and watch the slow combat as the titans blast each other to bits piece by piece. I love how the masses of these things are so ridiculously high that when regular vanilla ships tap them, they just vaporize.

Considering that these things are "Small" titans, should their speeds be increased a little? 20 is really slow (and makes the 0-flux boost kinda strange).
You see, Araragi-san, in a way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain.
Normally, you only need to see what's happening on stage. That's how reality works.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18