Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [Question + Idea] Are there any mods that just give you stuff? Flux Bomb idea  (Read 3990 times)

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile

Are there mods that give you weapons and ships etc, But do not let the enemy use them
I found that, Through editing the small machine gun as an example to have massive range and unlimited ammo and also massive amounts of damage, that the AI also get that too.
Can anyone suggest/make a mod that adds this or something?

Also while i'm here, I had an idea for a Flux Bomb which, Depending on your buildup of flux, launches a huge bomb that removes all of your flux in one go and uses the amount of flux stored within it to damage ships? With only 1 ammo it would be kind of a Just-In-Case weapon

Many thanks,

Sproginator

Ps: HI! First post and I love this game! :P
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 05:23:08 PM by sproginator »
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

keptin

• Captain
    • View Profile

Ship variants control the weapons loadout ships spawn with.  Either change the weapons in the variants or create a new weapon.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile

Ship variants control the weapons loadout ships spawn with.  Either change the weapons in the variants or create a new weapon.

How do i go about creating a new weapon? I would love to learn how to mod this game however i only have a limited knowledge of coding as i code in visual basic (*** i know but thats all my college has to offer -_-')
- Albert Einstein

The Counter

• Ensign
    • View Profile

If you're looking to make a weapon that only you get and no one else, then you'll need to make it a new weapon, which can just be a copy of an existing weapon, with the stats modified to what you want, and set it to be sold in any one of the currently existing orbital stations, or if you have the Gun Runners mod, it should have all weapons for sale, including the one you made, if I'm remembering right.

To make the weapon, all you need is the .weapon file, and the .csv entry I believe. To sell it in a station, you'll need to mess with the SectorGen.java file found in the scripts folder, preferably one you made yourself, and is in a mod folder, so as to avoid potentially harming your install of the game, or as I suggested above, just use the Gun Runners.

As for your weapon idea, not sure how possible it is, high flux does make energy weapons more powerful, but I don't think that's what you want, and it might not be possible to do what you want it to.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile

If you're looking to make a weapon that only you get and no one else, then you'll need to make it a new weapon, which can just be a copy of an existing weapon, with the stats modified to what you want, and set it to be sold in any one of the currently existing orbital stations, or if you have the Gun Runners mod, it should have all weapons for sale, including the one you made, if I'm remembering right.

To make the weapon, all you need is the .weapon file, and the .csv entry I believe. To sell it in a station, you'll need to mess with the SectorGen.java file found in the scripts folder, preferably one you made yourself, and is in a mod folder, so as to avoid potentially harming your install of the game, or as I suggested above, just use the Gun Runners.

As for your weapon idea, not sure how possible it is, high flux does make energy weapons more powerful, but I don't think that's what you want, and it might not be possible to do what you want it to.

I'll try and mod the weapon like you said, But i got a feeling i'm way out of my depth but its worth a shot, as for my weapon idea, Np maybe in the future when the game is further developed or it could be an energy based weapon fitted to a large energy weapon mount :P
- Albert Einstein

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile

I do like the flux bomb

if nothing else a heat sink weapon with very few ammo

could be done with negative flux, not sure if it would go under 0 tho...
mmm.... tartiflette

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile

I do like the flux bomb

if nothing else a heat sink weapon with very few ammo

could be done with negative flux, not sure if it would go under 0 tho...

So its not just me who likes it, Is there anyway to see if the developer could code it in or something?
- Albert Einstein

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile

post it in the suggestion and hope for the best...

alternatively, try ur luck @ modding
mmm.... tartiflette

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile

post it in the suggestion and hope for the best...

alternatively, try ur luck @ modding

I suck at modding haha
- Albert Einstein